Jimquisition: Gamer Guys

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
Dear Elton John, what have you done with Jim and what are your ransom demands?

yours truly,
-Gaemer4LiefHungHunk

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Azaraxzealot said:
Remember what happened to Metal in the 80s when it got all popular with the poseurs?
There were lots of new experimental and groundbreaking metal bands, despite the popularity of glam-metal?

The point is that these poseurs ARE hurting the culture, and once they exhaust themselves and get bored of it, they'll leave, leaving it devastated beyond recovery and putting us back in the underground with them making fun of us.
Except for the part about there being a greater diversity of games than ever before, and that gaming culture is thriving in all of its forms?

History shows this is what happens when an underground culture becomes popular then gets kicked out of the popular scene.
You might be referring to an alternate version of history which is completely made-up. Gaming has succeeded wildly over the last decade because of the connectivity of the internet, and the influx of new people with an interest in the hobby.

I think a more accurate reading of history would show that things die when they get ignored, not when they become popular or mainstream.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
Beating on reanimated horse skeletons again, I see?

Slow day at the Jimquisition head office?

Got it out of your system yet?

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
DjinnFor said:
Beating on reanimated horse skeletons again, I see?

Slow day at the Jimquisition head office?

Got it out of your system yet?
You never know... It might be fun To break the bones of a Reanimated Skeletal Horse every Lunar Cycle. Its a healthy way to vent Frustration at least.

*Gets Bat*

*Beats Horse*

Oh hey, I feel Better Already.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
Normally I dislike most of the "I will dismiss a minority completely but use another minority to claim a huge problem" thing that happens a lot on here but that video did crack me up... also I think I might like men now! ... or just Jim

freedash22

Jun 7, 2013
Jim seems to have a habit of tricking me that the last show was his best and the following week, out comes a better, more thought-provoking show that drives the point straight home in an outrageously funny way. I love it! Thank God for Jim!

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Great video, Jim, as is the norm.

I honestly appreciate that you'll take the time to make gender related videos, and tackle issues like homosexuality in games, even if some people are tired of it.

Keep talking about the thinks you feel should be talked about! You've become a heroic figure to me, taking on the controvercial topics!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
After playing World of Warcraft for a good 5 years in a manner I would consider "unhealthy" I had the misfortune of encountering "GURRRRL Gamers" in their primordial form. It was simple, they used their status as females with sex-appeal in an attempt to garner attention or/and in-game favours from males who were unfamiliar with how to interact with women.

Really it was a specific form of "trolling". I didn't exactly enjoy the company of those females and I also didn't enjoy the company of the males their manipulations worked on.

The whole "gatekeeping" thing is something I've never engaged in as I've always been a better judge of character than to need to resort to that type of method to confirm my suspicions as to the nature of someone... it's also downright pathetic and rude.

As for the episode? Jim drew himself as a strawman and a pretty big strawman indeed. It's a scenario where the "victims" are just as bad as the "villains"... and like all situations where that is the case deserves to be ignored by the majority.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Aardvaarkman said:
There were lots of new experimental and groundbreaking metal bands, despite the popularity of glam-metal?

The point is that these poseurs ARE hurting the culture, and once they exhaust themselves and get bored of it, they'll leave, leaving it devastated beyond recovery and putting us back in the underground with them making fun of us.
Except for the part about there being a greater diversity of games than ever before, and that gaming culture is thriving in all of its forms?
C'Mon, man, just look to metal his metal example. Metal is completely dead worldwide!

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
Okay, I'm confused; what in the hell was Jim's video about, because no one seems to be able to agree on that point, and scanning through the comments has only helped me a little bit. Jim, if you read this, could you clarify for a newbie to these odd areas called the forums?

P.S. Thank God for you, Jim Sterling, you crazy, crazy person.

Havoc Himself

Dec 21, 2010
Magog1 said:
Havoc Himself said:
I understand that he is being sarcastic, but I really do hate people of both genders who think that just playing Call Of Duty and WoW makes them a hardcore gamer. I'm just like there is so much you are missing out on on!! Go play some of the hundreds of amazing games that are out there! I know you will find something you enjoy.
To be fair Wow is a special case. I'm not saying their right, their not,
but those people devote a butt load of time to that game.
I think I get what you are saying. I am not saying that people who play WoW are bad, I play it too. I am just saying that it is a shame that that is all some people will play when there are so many great games out there. Indie games especially.

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
Aardvaarkman said:

C'Mon, man, just look to metal his metal example. Metal is completely dead worldwide!
Not necessarily, as there are a fair number of metal bands that are still alive and well, and while a good deal of them aren't exactly what you might remember or consider to be metal, the genre is still alive; and let's face it, if gaming was able to survive the crash of the few companies that controlled the market at that time, it will survive the mainstream assault that almost everything else goes through or is going through.

P.S. May someone explain the Captcha, it's... odd.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
NerAnima said:
Okay, I'm confused; what in the hell was Jim's video about, because no one seems to be able to agree on that point, and scanning through the comments has only helped me a little bit. Jim, if you read this, could you clarify for a newbie to these odd areas called the forums?

P.S. Thank God for you, Jim Sterling, you crazy, crazy person.
It's a fairly straightforward gender swap of the gamer girls argument. Like, almost line for line until the new world order thing. The only thing he left out was the rape threats.

NerAnima said:
Not necessarily, as there are a fair number of metal bands that are still alive and well, and while a good deal of them aren't exactly what you might remember or consider to be metal, the genre is still alive; and let's face it, if gaming was able to survive the crash of the few companies that controlled the market at that time, it will survive the mainstream assault that almost everything else goes through or is going through.

P.S. May someone explain the Captcha, it's... odd.
I was being sarcastic. I'm betting you can find more metal in the classic styles now than back then pretty easily. I only bet because the only even remotely classic genre I tend to listen to is "doom," and not that much.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Hey, I know of Shadow Hearts! I always liked the Fire Fusions. High physical attack bonuses added to Yuri's already impressive physical attack.
[sub]Problem?[/sub]

Anyway, I found this humorous. And it really points out how ridiculous the fake gamer girl complaint is. Not really sure why this is a complaint. But, hey, I'm sure when there are no more girl's playing because the community is so bad, it will all be a better place. Right?

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
You're right about this one Jim.

The whole thing is totally sexist and ridiculous. If you feel threatened that people of the opposite gender are interested in the same things you are so badly that you have to believe that they're faking it just to seem more attractive to you. Well, that just says more about you than them doesn't it.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
"Guys leading me on with their muscular buns and slick calf muscles."
"using their supple, smooth bodies and elegant nipples to sell themselves on sex appeal"

Well, I can't say that I'm too worried about that... For, um... 'Other' reasons. ;)

Sep 14, 2009
Signa said:
Yup, the flipped argument still holds water for me. I just hate fake people I guess.
I almost want to make an account on here with the name "R3alGam3rrr" and exert all the stereotypical cue's of a poser, and just quote the shit out of people while doing it to soak up all the attention a typical fake person would garner, and see if they stand to true to "not being bothered by it"

(essentially be extremely ignorant of everything i'm talking about but act like prime minister of knowledge on everything i'm talking about while trying to get as much attention as possible)

OT: I laughed about it, but it makes no difference on gender, a poser is still a poser, regardless of topic/gender/etc...

if you want to label it gamer guy/girl, then whatever floats your boat of the moment.