Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Ok Jim I was joking with my friends last week that you would talk about Sonys security issues. Cause I have dubbed you the "Last man to show at the party dude". This is old stuff already. Maybe in a few months when we see all the fall out from it but now? 2 weeks late?

I think your format might work better as speculation about gaming news from the rumor mill. Cause if you get it wrong then everyone thinks your a jerk but since you are already a self proclaimed jerk you have nothing to lose.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Good job Jim. Way to tackle a topic that hasn't already been done to death.

This was all you needed to get some thumbs up. I hope to see more of you in the future.

PS: "The only way Sony could get any worse press this year would be to debut a video series on The Escapist."

I got a kick out of that. But yeah, I sympathize. We've definitely gotten off on the wrong foot, you and us. Let's just give it a fresh start going forward, shall we?

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Okay. That... that was good.

"Number one... TOMMMMMMBA."

I clapped. Yes. More love for the Playstation back-catalogue and less intrusive firmware updates, please. That aside, I'll agree with whoever it was that said the editorial style is much improved when you calm down a bit. This show might have some legs after all.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Ok, better glasses, background music turned down a notch, heck even hair more neatly combed. I liked the self-deprecating opening taking a dig at us, and himself ;)

But enough about the details, and on to the content. It's actually pretty good this time. While I've never played either of the games he mentioned, I understand the sentiment behind it. And well Tomba would be dead easy to get onto PSN as a Classic.

The last point about the too frequent Firmware updates really annoys me too. I hope Sony can reduce those.

So yeah definite improvement, I'll keep watching for now!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Well that's sad. Just when I'm ready to join my brothers and sisters in dismissing this show as lame, everybody else jumps on board the Jim train. I don't play PS3 so I'm probably in the minority here; I just wanted to see some nice Sony-bashing. Instead we got some suggestions on what might realistically make people less mad at Sony.

Accurate? Possibly. Funny? Nope. Not really funny at all.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Whoever still doesn't get that this guy is being sarcastic after that episode needs to have his sarcasm detector fixed.

mythil

Nov 14, 2010
Gamedogs was better, Top 5 was better, Doralius and Co was better.. This guy is just a fat opinionated E-thug with no intelligence or humour. Off, boo

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
: ) I'm happy with this series.
Love the intro song.
How come they don't even have a Wiki page though? Talk about underground. (Drill Queen, I mean)

Don quixote's mule

Feb 28, 2011
This guy has failed to do the very most important part of opinion writing, which is establish a reason why the audience should give a crap about what he thinks. proclaiming yourself as a genius is not a means to accomplishing this goal.

Lets take a look at a couple of examples of what this means. Starting with Anthony Bourdain, Host of the travel channel's "No reservations," author of "Kitchen Confidential," Columnist, Graduate of The Culinary Institute of America and an award winning chef. The last two credits make the rest of them possible, because Bourdain runs around talking about food and the Culinary world. It is nice to know that he has some background in the field. If anyone is so ambitious as to look up other popular Columnists you would find that damn near all of them have done other things in the field that they are expressing an opinion of. Yahtzee use to make independent games and he writes novels. Moviebob is an indie filmmaker. They know what it means to be on the other side of their criticisms. It also does not hurt that Bourdain Yahtzee and Moviebob have interesting personalities, you know so that people want to listen to them. Commenting on Jim's persona is a fool's errand, that is totally subjective. if you find that appealing cool go have fun.
The other thing that all of the Escapist Videos do is bring a level of quality that Jim simply neglects, either because he doesn't care or can't grasp the fundamentals of video production. (and I mean the very basic fundamentals)

Oh, to head off an obvious rebuttal. I am a TV, Radio, digital media journalism graduate, who is working on breaking into film, and I will gladly tell you a few of my early works were shit and I got roasted for them. The professional thing to do, is to salvage what you can and improve next time. NO ONE is as much of a genius as they like to think.
I once thought tinting scenes would be this revolutionary way of conveying personality dominance. well it isn't, it looks more like a Care Bear in a blender.

Until next time

personion

Dec 6, 2010
The fact you mentioned Tomba and MedEvil means you instantly will get at least a bit of respect from everyone that played it

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
A lot better than the first two. No retarded MS Paint doodles of balls and some personal opinions go a long way towards making this seem like more than a 'me, too!' show. Also, I had to pause the video halfway through to explain to my girlfriend what MediEvil was. I haven't thought about that game in years.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Good episode, but I can think of one (okay, two) pretty big thing(s) that you didn't mention and that would make me forgive Sony for all sins past and present.

First, BRING BACK BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY.

Second, MAKE PS2 GAMES AVAILABLE ON THE PSN.

[small]Or: Stop demanding English dubs on everything. If the publisher doesn't have the money, I'd rather get a good text translation than have the game get stuck in Japan.[/small]

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
This episode was a big improvement on the others, keep it up Jim. I have faith in anyone chosen by the Escapist.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Hell, considering it's either unskipable which is just unfunny for me, rebeca mayes singing some daft shite or some girl listing stuff which is pointless and has been done pior, I'd rather have this. Hell, it's good, and the show is showing a massive turnaround from dick jokes (but cut out the MSpaint crap altogther please?) and a mad rant ending in a mad point (second episode...). Just my humble opinion.