Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Three

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Jimquisition Awards, Part Three

The very first Jimquisition Awards are here! Five days, five games, five awards!

Watch Video

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Good pick Jim. :) It was just lovely.

If the next game is the one I think it is, I wonder why you picked that one?
Oh, well. :) I'll find out tomorrow.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Lollipop Chainsaw?

For some reason I was expecting Walking Dead to show up on this list (I've never played it, but I keep hearing people talk about it, Jim included)

Go lets see...Dishonored, Lone Survivor, Journey, and (presumably) Lollipop Chainsaw.

One of these 4 will be Jim's game of the year.

I think my money is on Journey, but we'll see.

James Joseph Emerald said:
sindremaster said:
Lollipop Chainsaw tomorrow, I think? I love it.
That wasn't even in his intro video, though.
I think it was, actually. I remember seeing the punk rock zombie who was split in two and fused back together. I'm pretty sure that was from Lollipop Chainsaw.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Surprising nobody, I approve of this video.

Lollipop Chainsaw though? Ugh. I wouldn't say it was a bad game exactly, just a very average one that was trying painfully hard to be "quirky".

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Just to clear up confusion, there are FIVE games winning awards, not four. Friday's final GOTY winner will not be one of the games shown on Monday through Thursday.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Strain42 said:
Lollipop Chainsaw?

For some reason I was expecting Walking Dead to show up on this list (I've never played it, but I keep hearing people talk about it, Jim included)

Go lets see...Dishonored, Lone Survivor, Journey, and (presumably) Lollipop Chainsaw.

One of these 4 will be Jim's game of the year.

I think my money is on Journey, but we'll see.

James Joseph Emerald said:
sindremaster said:
Lollipop Chainsaw tomorrow, I think? I love it.
That wasn't even in his intro video, though.

I think it was, actually. I remember seeing the punk rock zombie who was split in two and fused back together. I'm pretty sure that was from Lollipop Chainsaw.
I am actually fairly certain The Walking Dead will end up being his GOTY. Maybe. What he has talked about on Twitter and especially on Podtoid, it seems like the game really hit home for Jim. I think it got more praise from him than Lone Survivor did. I remember he didn't want to talk about it on the podtoid-episode that came out after episode 5, because it would be too emotionally draining. He also dragged the show on, because his wife was playing it in the other room in the meantime, and he didn't want to experience the ending again. Not because it was bad, but because it was so good.

At least that's what I remember. And leaving a game like that out of a show like this would be criminal. My money is on The Walking Dead being his GOTY.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Unfortunately I do not have a PS3 :/

I've been hearing nothing but good things about Journey since release. Kinda jelly.

Also, the lack of Willem Dafoe's input in this award show is heart breaking.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Regardless of what anyone's personal best or second best games of 2012 are I'm pretty sure that Journey is at least 90% of everyone's third best game of 2012.

It's nice when the manditory artsy borderline indy game is so unanimously accepted everyone.

And if tomorrow doesn't turn out to be Lollipop Chainsaw I look forward to seeing what game the golden pompom represents...

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
Regardless of what anyone's personal best or second best games of 2012 are I'm pretty sure that Journey is at least 90% of everyone's third best game of 2012.

It's nice when the manditory artsy borderline indy game is so unanimously accepted everyone.

And if tomorrow doesn't turn out to be Lollipop Chainsaw I look forward to seeing what game the golden pompom represents...
I think saying that journey will be in 90% of peoples top 3 games of the year would be far off. ^^ Especially when you think about how manny people actually played the game. played journey and it's still not at my top 3. good game though.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
I want to play Journey, but I don't have a PS3. It would obviously not come to Xbox, but can we get a Steam port? I'd buy that day 1.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Fun thing being a Nintendo guy is I've never played any of these 4 so far.
Only read about them and watched friends play a few but never actually played them myself.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I really need to play The Walking Dead, I hear the ending is wrenching stuff.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
This was going through my head:
Jim: It's going to be one of those controversial ones...
My mind: SPEC OPS!SPEC OPS!
*Jim lifts up the pom pom*
Me: Nooooouuu.

Oh Jim,thank god for you anyway ;)
Also is Lollipop Chainsaw your first Suda51 game?I feel the guy should be given a rest so he can get inspiration more naturally rather than being forced to come up with concepts on the fly.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
qeinar said:
I think saying that journey will be in 90% of peoples top 3 games of the year would be far off. ^^ Especially when you think about how manny people actually played the game. played journey and it's still not at my top 3. good game though.
It was just a guess, I still can't read minds no matter how hard I message my temples and squint.

Also these "Outstanding Game Awards" aren't in any particular order.

Me and my friends who review/critique/nit-pick-the-crap-out-of/rant about games all have very different top 5 except Journey is everyone's third place.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Wanna see what he thought of Lollipop Chainsaw. Didn't play it, but was oddly intrigued by it.

Game of the Year will be Walking Dead I hope. Or maybe Halo 4 if he wants to throw a bit of a curveball. But hopefully Walking Dead.