Jimquisition: Previewed, Preordered, Prescrewed

WolfDude191

Feb 13, 2012
I think the only three games I've ever pre-ordered were Left 4 Dead 2, Aliens vs Predators and Borderlands 2.

Thankfully, I didn't make the mistake twice by pre-ordering Colonial Marines.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I don't get preorders. There are very, VERY few games that I buy immediately on release date because I know that I can't live without them and that I know are going to be extremely awesome. Hell, I'm one of the biggest Halo fanboys I know, and I never bothered to get the Legendary editions for 2, 3, or Reach, because I'm not a bloody idiot and I don't think that the content, kinda cool as some of it is, is really worth the extra asking price when I can be buying something else, like a Fallout game or something.

Call me crazy, but I don't think I need the Valkyrie Assault Rifle to kill the Reapers, or need the special Arctic Camouflage suit to prevent myself from being assassinated from a rank 130 Spartan-IV. To date, developers haven't made it so that preorders break the game.

... To date.

... Now because I said this, game balance is gonna be thrown right the fuck out the window.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
The only game I´ll pre-order now a days is the totalwar series. Because I know what I get, an arcadedy grand strategy, that is extremely buggy on release. But I love that series to much, damn it.

Sateru

Jul 11, 2010
:T I have little faith in pre-ordering anything, but I'm more than happy to never pre-order any game until they've earned it. Then again, I don't pre-order purely because I just want to wait for the price in the game itself to come down. They always do... they go from $50 to $15. You have to spend like around $35 dollars just to have the right to play it immediately. :T I've yet to find a game that has been worth that much extra money to play it.