Jimquisition: Sexual Failing

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Sexual Failing

Some developers will have you believe they are purveyors of tasteful, mature, adult sexual content. Some developers are talking out of their arses.

Watch Video

Marohen

Jun 30, 2009
I've actually been thinking on this matter for a fair while now. Thanks for bringing it out in the open, Jim!

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Clearly, whatever devs he is "correcting" in this vid got to it. Nowhere is safe.......

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CorvusFerreum said:
Weaver said:
Orcboyphil said:
Anybody else getting a stream not found message?
I am, I can't watch it either :(
Dito.

Perhaps he was trying to talk about Garry's Incident and got the video removed preemptively?
Nah. I'm getting the same "Stream Not Found" error that Unskippable was giving this morning. I'm guessing they're working on it.

But just in case, I'm posting that I'm getting it so more people know.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
As someone who was able to watch it, good video Jim. Mass Effect especially has always felt like "Say good thing, get bare asses, achievement unlocked".

Cracked up at the Heavy Rain footage as well.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Why do this feel like filler episode? Maybe because this should be bloody obvious for everyone. Know what, would probably be more progressive and mature to just make it a one-night stand and drop the talking.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Personally, I think such explicit scenes such as sex are better left to the player's imagination. If people like your game enough, you can assure yourself that the more explicit of actions are taken care of by fan fiction - No need to include it in your game. You can still hint at some explicit actions, but really, some things are better off not seen.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I like God of War's approach to sex. You get a mini-game and if you do bad the girls are disappointed and Kratos just stands there thinking, "I swear, this has never happened to me before. Let me try it again." because that's all sex is, right? a really awkward minigame with quicktime events and a failstate that leaves everyone disappointed and some people crying in shame. but you do get better with practice.

Tombsite

Nov 17, 2012
Thank you Jim. Now when ever I talk to people about how stupid sex in video games is I can just link to this. You hit every single one of my problems with this topic in this one. Way to knock it out of the park.

Worst offender: Jack in Mass Effect 2

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
For everyone having problems viewing the video, we are looking into the issue. Thank you for your patience and Thank God for Jim.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
CorvusFerreum said:
Weaver said:
Orcboyphil said:
Anybody else getting a stream not found message?
I am, I can't watch it either :(
Dito.

Perhaps he was trying to talk about Garry's Incident and got the video removed preemptively?
Nah. I'm getting the same "Stream Not Found" error that Unskippable was giving this morning. I'm guessing they're working on it.

But just in case, I'm posting that I'm getting it so more people know.
I'm sure it is a technical error. It just was a feeble attempt at humour.