Jimquisition: The Weird is Not Enough

TheEggplant

Excess Ain't Rebellion
Jul 26, 2008
This is the problem I have with performance art. Which is something these games might be attempting. They are always about the creator and the audience is only supposed to comment on the brilliance of the artist.
Keep up the good work Jim. I really like the "propaganda master" set and the audio is vastly improved.

vaderaider

Nov 2, 2009
I didn't really enjoy it that much but its the first episode that I have managed to get to the end of, so thats a plus.

AC Drawings

Dec 22, 2010
This was a good episode, better than the previous ones, though I like the Jimquisition episodes on Youtube/Destructoid a lot more.

Orangufang was brilliant, by the was.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
I liked it, except for the whole screwdriver bit. Took a while to get back into the flow after that one.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
That was actually a pretty good episode. Jim definitely seems to be improving and finding his "voice"/"schtick" so to speak. I also think Jim is getting funnier in these too.

He also does have a point about the whole "weird games" thing. Interaction is key in the medium and only giving the player a modicum of interaction does not seem to be a good thing.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
This show is getting more entertaining with each episode. I've gone from not impressed at all (first episode) to actually enjoying this one.
Keep up the good work!

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
I'm reading some of the comments and the past comments for his other videos. Apparently people can't tell when he is and isn't joking :p .

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
Flow needs some work, but it's not like I have anything better to watch on Mondays and I've got a soft spot in my heart for anybody willing to stand up and piss on pretentious shitty art-games.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
o_O....Jim, you are a sick man!!!
: ) And I love it! Ha! The humor reminds me of Yahtzee's a little.

Nesutaa

Nov 9, 2009
Ok, I know its suppose to be his gag and all, but I can't get over how much of a tosser this guy is. He made some good points in this video, I'll admit, but listening to him reminds me of that kid from high school that tried way too hard to be cool and fit in.

uberhippy

Apr 28, 2011
I was skeptical at the start.. but Jim,,, I approve and whole-heartaly encourage you!! Rant to your desires, and solve each gaming problem of the day!
(then again, at least we're getting to games that aren't just dirt brown shooters.. Yey!!)

Elidibus

Apr 15, 2011
I have to admit that I enjoyed this video. I laughed at the funny parts and the voice over parts were very well done. Also, he made a lot of good points about some of those artsy games being presumption to the point of not letting us actually play the game, which is why we were there in the first place.

Definitely going to check back on this series from time to time :)

Toonstriker

Aug 22, 2010
THIS is The Jimquisition?!
What the hell have I been watching...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyuaxxzF5Uc

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
If yahtzee is Charlie Brooker, then Jim is Clarkson. Same arragonce, same questionable humor but I have to admit, I do love an episode of top gear and any quiz show with Clarkson is imediately better. Also, some very valid points here and some good critisim. Keep this up, and I'll be sold on the show.

Captcha, Dintions then three words which are impossible to read and susposedly wjn. This system can go die.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
First: I would totally watch Ghost Monkey.
Second: Glad to see someone call out "The Path". Now he just needs to make a statement on those artsy "OMG SOOOO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL" games...
Third: Glad to see the improvement is continuing. I still prefered the work on Youtube and Descuctoid, but this one was about as good as them in terms of topic.
Fourth: Yay! Some love for Killer 7!

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
I think he's got a good point here, although personally I thought The Path was fun. Although I'm the sort of person who spent months exploring every nook and cranny of Azeroth instead of actually levelling up my Forsaken mage at all, so I guess wandering around a virtual forest appeals to me.

Groundchuck

Apr 16, 2011
I stated on a comment thread to another one of his video that i did not care for Jim much, but the escapist probably would not have put up a video it did not think had some merit, the last 2 weeks have made me a fan, I figured the escapist was on to something, and now i see what. GG