Jimquisition: Two Rules For Square Enix

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Two Rules For Square Enix

Square Enix has an addiction, and it won't admit it has a problem. Time for an intervention from the man who knows how to fix everything that has ever gone wrong, with his incredible two-step program.

Watch Video

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
The way he said right was funny for some reason, if you watched the vid you know which part.
OT: Does anyone really care about SE at this point?

VGStrife

May 27, 2009
Am i the only one who thought it was pronounced eeeeenix rather than (en)ix?

Also what game are they currently working on that is in the way of FFVXIII/KH3 so i can destroy it.

Head Chef Dom

Nov 8, 2010
I'm liking the sound of the 'Blocks Cometh' game. I'll be giving that a look.

I didn't realise Square Enix have such a problem announcing upteen billion titles at a time, then again, thats probably because I've only ever played one Final Fantasy ever and aren't reall interested in JRPG's in general

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
PixelKing said:
I... don't think so. I used to love me some Squenix because of my love for Final Fantasies and Kingdom Heartses, but after the PS3/360 generation came out, I haven't cared about anything they've released whatsoever. Perhaps Deus Ex could change that for us?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
SoopaSte123 said:
PixelKing said:
I... don't think so. I used to love me some Squenix because of my love for Final Fantasies and Kingdom Heartses, but after the PS3/360 generation came out, I haven't cared about anything they've released whatsoever. Perhaps Deus Ex could change that for us?
Deus Ex 3 isn't being developed by them, simply being published by them.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
VGStrife said:
Am i the only one who thought it was pronounced eeeeenix rather than (en)ix?

Also what game are they currently working on that is in the way of FFVXIII/KH3 so i can destroy it.
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Personally I think SE should just limit themselves to making 2 games at a time, maybe 3. I know they like to make their Japanese RPGs as well as their Western RPGs.

If they were to ask the fans what we want it would just be FFXIII vs and KH3 and no Final Mix bullshit this time. that serves no other purpose than to piss off the western gamers. Making them buy the game 3 times...

Every KH release I always dread the thought that the NA version gets a bonus feature, because that means the Final Mix version will get 10 bonus features on top of the NA bonus. Just make the game right the first time. They could probably do that if they didn't have their team working on 4 different games.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Jim, I am really trying to help but your not giving me much to work with.

Square Enix, one of the biggest publisher of video games (bigger publisher in Japan than here) with many, many subdivisions, can't afford to only announce two games per year. They release many more than you think, a lot of them small ones like Space Invaders Extreme 2 on the DS. Now the company proper could restrain it self from trying to make to many Final Fantasy games, but trying to force a company to making games to fast is the design philisophy behind movie tie ins and arguably CoD.

As for kicking right up the #@^hole for every cutscene announcement at E3, there are ways that don't make me reach for the eye bleach. Like your write up for E3, ignore what Square Enix did or mention how badly and mishandled their presentation of Final Fantasy CXXXI was and your not going to buy their game. If a majority of the people that go to E3 and other things like it, than Square Enix will fear their INVESTORS will be thinking that too (it is a trade show first and foremost) and start make announcements come with SOME gameplay.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
SoopaSte123 said:
PixelKing said:
Not really I mean isn't square enix just producing that game? That doesn't count as much as say the final fantasy games or the kingdom hearts series where it's both produced and developed by them or with there flagship powers.

Final fantasy might be kind of the old king these days. The Rpg front seems to appreciate disgea and persona so much more lately.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
AlternatePFG said:
SoopaSte123 said:
PixelKing said:
Deus Ex 3 isn't being developed by them, simply being published by them.
Ah, well nevermind then. I shall continue not caring about Squenix.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Squenix has gone a bit too far into the 'publishing shit for lots of money' spiral for me to even pay attention to what they announce any more, I'm sure many people feel the same.

Although I was never very fond of Japanese style games anyway, they always seem a little childish/ feminine to me.

SoopaSte123 said:
Perhaps Deus Ex could change that for us?
I wouldn't count on it, just looks like another over priced shooter to me.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Square has multiple teams and attempting to make only two games at once would leave several employs twiddling there thumbs but yes they should at least hold off an announcement till they have a release date. Also unclear and repeated and re-edited content in trailers is universal to video games not just Square.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
The way he said "Thank God for me" and the end there made me think there was a person behind that podium. I can't be the only one thinking that, can I?

As for the episode, decent. The first point is something I could see done, but the second one, eeeeh, seems a bit off. I would have said something other than attacking a mans anus with steel as a solution. But then again, I doubt you take that serious.

Also, not that this is a critique or anything, but the way you stand at the podium makes you look like a cult leader.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
squeenix never got past the "OMG cinematics ar awesome!!!" mentality from the ps1 era.

PuppetMaster

Aug 28, 2009
the charector designer has ADD and too much free time. If after you've made an interesting cast then get bored and cut a sleeve off, put lace on the hems, sunglasses, eyepatches or a more intricate and un sheathable sword... then go home, or buy a doodle pad because making these people up in your cubicle seems to force writers and developers into action

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Off-tpoci for a bit, I can see a point of light reflected in both lenses of his sunglasses this episode and it's particulaly noticable/annoying... it makes it look like the poit of light is his pupil somehow shining through.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
I have a simplest solution; stop being such a fuck fanboys.
the player behavior it's a fuel that keeps the publisher going