Jimquisition: Ubisoft

Darth_Murmeltier

Jan 5, 2011
Eomega123 said:
Thank Jim for Jim. And yes, would everybody kindly stop bitching on forums and then buying the game anyway? I haven't bought a single EA, Ubisoft, or THQ game since I found out what they were doing, and I've still managed to have a great time with some great games from companies that don't screw over their customers.
^This.

I'm kind of proud that I can say that I haven't bought a single game from EA, Ubisoft etc. in a very long time, not only for their stupid bussiness practices, but also for bad marketing (EA) and tragic shift in ideals and/or motivations (EA). Do you know what EA stands for? Electronic Arts, well of course everyone knows that, but the name doesn't fit does it? They only make money, they produce entertainment nothing more, that's not bad, because that's what they have to do to survive, but yeah the name doesn't fit.

Also check out their ad campaign shortly after it was founded : http://chrishecker.com/images/f/f1/Cry.jpg

It was called "Can a computer make you cry?"

Now look where they've gone... It's really heart breaking.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Orks da best said:
I think I enjoyed that Rayman: Origins pixie scene a bit to much lol.

good thing i don't have a single game from ubisoft, wait nvm Dues ex :HR.

still only 1 game.
Eidos Montreal, not Ubisoft - you're safe.

CplDustov

May 7, 2009
Darth Rahu said:
Captcha: Statue Heduchai. It has spoken!! We shall erect a statue of Jim Sterling and we shall make it out of Heduchai! Now we gotta figure out what the hell Heduchai is....
Google doesn't seem to know.. all is lost.

As a long time ubisoft customer I've loved many of their games. I got bitten by their server changing. I can only blame myself so I'm another on the list of now reluctant customers. I'm not boycotting I just want to confirm what's happening in each case with DRM etc. Although if it comes to $5 in a steam sale...

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
thank jim for jim?

Ubisoft is basically a bunch of assholes and they use DRM. i will do my best to not buy there games.
and holding back a squeal of a game i never played for(how there they) ... but since there are many people of there who have played beyond good and evil and like it i will dislike them for that too.

ablac

Aug 4, 2009
Assassins Creed 2 was awesome. Other than that I totally agree with you on Ubisoft's horrible treatment of its customers and beloved ips.

Doubler

Mar 29, 2011
Sadly, Ubisoft is also one of the few remaining publishers willing to put out awesome PC-centric games like Anno, HoMM and Settlers.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That ending made me laugh so hard. It was pretty damn brilliant.
And also, they sold Rayman Origins for 60 dollars?! What the hell...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
Yeah, but eventually they have to run out of capitol, right?

Oh Dear God...did Ubisoft make a deal with the devil so that they don't run out of capital?! It would explain their practices...
They posted in one of those "Corrupt a Wish" threads.

"I wish my company would make games forever!"

"Granted, but your company will load them with increasingly flawed and limiting DRM...FOR ALL TIME!!!!!"

*evil laughter*

No, but still, I did mention they'd eventually go down. I just don't think even that will be "lesson learned."

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
Eomega123 said:
Thank Jim for Jim. And yes, would everybody kindly stop bitching on forums and then buying the game anyway? I haven't bought a single EA, Ubisoft, or THQ game since I found out what they were doing, and I've still managed to have a great time with some great games from companies that don't screw over their customers.
THIS.

We let companies get away with this crap. That's why they do it. A good number of people know that EA is the devil. Do you think it's impacted their sales at all? Hell no. So why would they change the way they do business? As long as people refuse to take responsibility for where their money is going they are going to continue to get treated like crap by corporations.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
Scumbag Ubisoft:

Needs funds from Rayman: Origins to make Beyond Good & Evil 2, releases Rayman: Origins on the same day as much more higher profile games.

TophatEmperor

Feb 12, 2012
Jimothy Sterling said:
Waffle_Man said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
Waffle_Man said:
Worship Jim? When is the last time he interacted with me?
Jim Sterling loves you. He is your light.
Then why does he always wear a dark coat?
Black naturally traps light. Ergo, I he literally walks around carrying light with him at all times, like a fat Jesus.
after that last post...i laughed my arse off... bravo to you good sir

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
We need to spread this video, because so long as there's a stupid moron willing to get screwed by Ubisoft, whether it be ignorance or indifference, Ubisoft will continue to get away with this shit.

I can't believe people still buy anything from Ubisoft considering the incredibly steep decline in quality their games have suffered over the years.

Also yes, I think the whole Assassins creed series is shit.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Thats how companies make money. lol It sucks but we have a choice whether to buy it or not. Still sucks though.

Also Beyond Good & Evil 1 didnt sell well so why would they make a 2nd one? If your dumb enough to buy all these other games then your an idiot.