Jimquisition: Why So Serious?

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Aardvaarkman said:
keniakittykat said:
For one, I'm a woman, so the whole 'you're gay' argument isn't gonna fly.
Wait, since when was it not possible for women to be gay?

keniakittykat said:
That happened almost ten years ago!
Ten years ago may as well be today, relatively speaking. That was definitely after the rise of the internet as a popular medium, and well into the age of gender liberation and anti-bullying. Absolutely nothing like being a nerd or gamer in the 70s to 90s.

Okay, fine, you win: You are the ultimate geek/nerd martyr. You have suffered the more than any nerd and geek who came after you. You are nerd Jesus, and we must respect your sacrifice. The Millennial and even the earlier MTV generations can simply not fathom what a burden it was to stand up for what you loved.

Let me play a sad song on my tiny violin for you. Let's all shed one big tear for Aardvarkman...

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
keniakittykat said:
Okay, fine, you win: You are the ultimate geek/nerd martyr. You have suffered the more than any nerd and geek who came after you. You are nerd Jesus, and we must respect your sacrifice.
What the hell? Since when was this about martyrdom or suffering? And why do you find it so necessary to insult others?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Mojo said:
Shes not blending in with the environment
I think she was explained as having some kinda chameleon like camouflage ability, so I guess little clothing does infact help her blend in.

Don't quote me on that though, since I don't remember where I read that, or if it is something the dark depths of my brain made up.

More on topic, I'll admitt I can go a bit fangirl mode when people openly mockingly joke about something I like, if it is lighthearted joking around I'll usually survive though. Even partake perhaps.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Uh...what's going on? I pressed play and I got an 8 minute clip-show of various Escapist shows. At first I thought these were gonna be examples used for Jim's argument but nope. At the end (yes I watched the whole thing) it just said "Find these shows on the Escapist".

And absolutely nobody else in this thread seems to have reported seeing this so uh...yeah just thought I'd mention it. Refreshing the page isn't helping either.

RavenTail

Oct 12, 2010
As pretty much a MGS fanboy (seriously, I have the original action figures in their cases on a shelf) I can still laugh at how the series takes itself. It can be incredibly silly at times. But in the end I still love it. MGS1 still stands as one of my all times favorites and tradition seems to have me buying every new Sony system just in time for a new MGS game (my plans to get a PS4 updated since Ground Zeros is coming in March).

I don't argue jabs or against those who don't like it. There's no point. I can still laugh and have my chest tighten with the series.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Jimothy Sterling said:
Why So Serious?

Jim makes a point about humor and defensive fandoms the only way he knows how - by dressing up in silly costumes and exploiting tired old film references.

Watch Video
Jim I'm going to have to report you to the mods.
You keep advertising for other sites on the forums. It just won't do man.