Jimquisition: Xbox One out of Ten

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Xbox One out of Ten

The Xbox One was revealed this weak to thunderous applause. Oh wait, did we say applause? We meant, farts. Thunderous farts.

Watch Video

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MS pretty much made my choice clear when all they showed was TV, Sports and COD.

PC and the Wii U will keep me going through next gen.

MisterColeman

Mar 19, 2009
I watch sports in a bar or at a friend's. I don't play CoD. I also do not have a subscription to TV, and frankly I don't even like dogs. I play video and board games.

Clearly, as a gamer, I'm not their target demographic.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Most TVs not only do these things better but they do it without additional fees and advertisements.
Or are they getting rid of the online fee? I don't see that as likely.

I'm glad Jim took my advise and made a extra Jimquisition on Xbone.
Just kidding.

What I'm wondering is if it's too late for them to backtrack on a lot of this. How hardwired is this online pass-ish system and the mandatory install they have set up? Will they see the torches and shelve that idea, will they release it and update the used-fee system out of it if they aren't selling units, is that even possible???

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
I've always had my consoles hooked up to a separate TV far far away from the social lands of the living room, so Xbox One literally offers me nothing should it's exclusives fail to blow me out of the water.

Looks like I'm going for PC/Wii U this gen, maybe PS4 at a stretch if it gets a few good games.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I didn't realise XBoxOne was the new console. I thought people were just talking about the original Xbox (like in was way Playstation was nicknames PSOne after the PS2), but like, 5 years after XBox 360.

Where I live, if the internet doesn't work, my whole world cracks. That's how reliant gaming has became on internet connections. Curse you XboxTwat.

Are Sony and Microsoft trying to make PC gaming superior?

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, at least this might decrease the amount of people insulting other people's mothers on XBox Live.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Well, at least this might decrease the amount of people insulting other people's mothers on XBox Live.
I doubt it. You'll just have rich and privileged people insulting each other's mothers instead.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
They are doing exactly what Jim hoped they wouldn't about a year ago (I think it was you) when you made an episode on why the Nintendos next console might have a slight edge when it comes to gamers since it is actually focusing on games and not too much on all this other onlinestuff.
Most likely the PS4 and WiiU will crush the XboxOne if it comes out the way everyone thinks it will. Everyone is pretty much on edge if everything that has been said is true.
Which in turn will create more PCgamers?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Having had two 360's break down this gen and having not been impressed by the lack of recent good exclusives, I was already eyeing a jump to the PS4 next gen and it looks like the Xbone's launch has confirmed that for decision for me, unless Microsoft pull something really good out of the bag at E3.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Jesus Jim i damn near spit my lunch when u cut to that slow clap! XD

Excellent Jimquisition Sir.

Professor Uzzy

Jul 17, 2009
Does anyone really expect that Microsoft are going to reveal 15 games at E3 exceptional enough to eradicate the memory of this failure of a launch? Anyone?

Frankly I'd be amazed if they didn't spend half the E3 Presentation talking up their awesome new system that lets Americans watch TV on their TV.

Rendahli

Sep 15, 2011
Thank god for you Jim!

I don't understand how anyone at Microsoft thought this launch was a good idea. Everywhere I look all I'm seeing are negative reactions.

Oh well, I was pretty sure I would be getting myself a PC this generation, this just cemented the idea.

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
When my Xbox 360 broke and I bought me a PS3, I think in the long run I made the right choice with what Microsoft is planning on doing with their next system. I hope Microsoft can pull every single big gun they have in their armory for E3 or they might be seeing their big "All in one" plan blow up in their face like Acme dynamite. I have my PS3, 3DS and my PC, so I'm set for the next generation. I might just get either the PS4 or the WiiU down the line, but as for the Xbone, I'm going to say "pass".

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
scw55 said:
Rex Dark said:
I doubt it. You'll just have rich and privileged people insulting each other's mothers instead.
My mom has more Ph.D's and designer clothes then yours, noob.

OT: I'm gonna wait for E3 until I pass my final judgement, but for now I don't see a reason to switch from my PC as my core gaming device. Oh, except the 3DS, I wouldn't mind one of those.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So yeah, just as bad as the PS4 Reveal.

E3 should at least be fun this year (and will be when I personally pass final judgement on the Xbone and PS4), because all three companies will either blow us all away...or they will be hilariously bad.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
So... I see no reason to give them my business. It's sad to have a 12 year consumer to business relationship end this way, 'mais c'est la vie.'
They will need Half-Life 3 as a console exclusive for me to care at all about their television device.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
As I somewhat said in another thread, I would like to see a bunch of publishers and developers collaborate and create the console they're looking for instead of just trying to work with the Big Three. It'll be quite the middle finger to them, and at this point it's what's needed to make them realize just how in the dark console developers are, as they are unable and seemingly un to talk with game publishers, developers, and even gamers that are outside the circle about what is wanted to be seen and not in the next console generation, as such an action seems to be considered "too much of a risk of breaking confidentiality" in this day and age.

In other words, the greatest threat to the consoles isn't control - It's the lack of will to gather proper input from other people, fearing that it would lead to leaks and outrage.