John McAfee Snorts Bath Salts, Uninstalls McAfee Anti-Virus

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
"its like that time I hired that Bangkok prostitute to do my taxes while I fucked my accountant." haha, best line I've heard in a while.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Owyn_Merrilin said:
This is hilarious, but am I the only one confused as to why there was an age gate on this? It's not an exclusive trailer or anything, it's a report on a youtube video. There's a lot of swearing, but it's no worse than anything that comes out of either Yahtzee or Jim Sterling's mouth on a weekly basis.
Because The Escapist makes $$$ off of Jim Sterling and Yahtzee, they don't make money off of this guy. Although I still think Age Gates are the stupidest inventions in the internet, you're better off putting a "Warning: This Video Includes X" warning, it'll probably be more effective since there won't be as much of a forbidden fruit syndrome.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Phrozenflame500 said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
This is hilarious, but am I the only one confused as to why there was an age gate on this? It's not an exclusive trailer or anything, it's a report on a youtube video. There's a lot of swearing, but it's no worse than anything that comes out of either Yahtzee or Jim Sterling's mouth on a weekly basis.
Because The Escapist makes $$$ off of Jim Sterling and Yahtzee, they don't make money off of this guy. Although I still think Age Gates are the stupidest inventions in the internet, you're better off putting a "Warning: This Video Includes X" warning, it'll probably be more effective since there won't be as much of a forbidden fruit syndrome.
I guess, but they're probably making as much or more per page hit on this vid than they do on Yahtzee and Jim's videos, since they don't have to pay him for the content. The warning labels kind of do make sense, but you know how touchy parents can be.

"What do you mean I should be supervising him? That's what I bought this subscription to Netflix for."

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
That was funny. And I am sure he had plenty of fun making it. Something like this would be perfect if I ever hit the lottery or something.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
Needs to work on his delivery. This is why we have actors (can't believe I just found a use for actors).

ScaryAlmond

Sep 12, 2011
thisbymaster said:
That was funny. And I am sure he had plenty of fun making it. Something like this would be perfect if I ever hit the lottery.
As well as flee to Belize make a drug lab get hooked on Bath salts also claim a conspirisy after my neighbour is murdered and i'm the prime suspect.
I Imagine that in the same situation i'd do the exact same thing.

About 40% certain those were real bath salts, 90% certain those are real prostitutes lucky the video ended when it did as i'm fairly certain he still nailed them and I'm not a fan of old guy sex.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Am I the only one that likes his McAfee software-seriously why all the hate it isn't that bad -_-

Anyway funny video enjoyed it alot-those girls were hot and sexy :D

Him being accused for Murder makes it a little harder to enjoy it though.

Captcha:tesla coil

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
His software functions more like malware than an anti-virus, and I legitimately hate it, but I have to give credit where credit is due and say that video was hugely entertaining.

Him and the Virgin Mobile guy should do a thing together.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
Have you checked the credit names of the... lovely ladies cast in this production?

Treasure, Carmella, Diamond, Kimberly, Monroe, Bianca, Quincey, Sasha... and no surnames.

I think he used actual prostitutes to play the part of his pretend prostitutes.
And oddly enough that makes perfect sense considering the rest of this video.
Well, I do remember reading that for the Nick Cage movie "Lord of War", it was a lot cheaper to buy actual weapons from actual arms dealers (that the movie guys had to give back within a certain time because said weapons had already been paid for) than it was to find that many fake guns.

...And now I can't stop thinking of Nicholas Cage as a crazy drugged-up pimp.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
I'm sure the age gate is there because the video involves reckless use of firearms. ;-)

McAfee can be uninstalled through add/remove programs, but it always comes back. Nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure. If no nukes are available an SMG works pretty good as well.

I saw this last night on my social medium of choice, brilliant video.

Have you checked the credit names of the... lovely ladies cast in this production?

Treasure, Carmella, Diamond, Kimberly, Monroe, Bianca, Quincey, Sasha... and no surnames.

It might be easier and cheaper to use real prostitutes instead of fake ones. And I imagine it would be a good gig for someone of that profession.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Bostur said:
I'm sure the age gate is there because the video involves reckless use of firearms. ;-)

McAfee can be uninstalled through add/remove programs, but it always comes back. Nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure. If no nukes are available an SMG works pretty good as well.

I saw this last night on my social medium of choice, brilliant video.

It might be easier and cheaper to use real prostitutes instead of fake ones. And I imagine it would be a good gig for someone of that profession.
...strippers, actually... though some could possibly be prostitutes as well (fairly common practice, and one job naturally leads into the other). Stage names are apparently quite convenient for video credits. I've... met... one or two of 'em (in a professional setting, of course). The club they work at is mentioned in the credits.

Also, I tried their uninstallation instructions... wound up getting my dick caught in a ceiling fan. Might have helped if I were running Windows with the damn thing installed in the first place.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
loc978 said:
Also, I tried their uninstallation instructions... wound up getting my dick caught in a ceiling fan. Might have helped if I were running Windows with the damn thing installed in the first place.
Ah I see, you were caught up in the glamour of it all, an easy mistake to make.

...strippers, actually... though some could possibly be prostitutes as well (fairly common practice, and one job naturally leads into the other). Stage names are apparently quite convenient for video credits. I've... met... one or two of 'em. The club they work at is mentioned in the credits.
Are there anyone in particular you can recommend ... for accounting purposes?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
This video is the best thing to come out of McAfee Antivirus. Shine on you crazy, crazy diamond.

My issues with McAfee software aren't so much with the software itself as they are with the way they try to fuck you up the ass by charging you for yearlong subscriptions that run out after 6 months.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Owyn_Merrilin said:
It probably has to do with the implications of illegal drug usage.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Holy SHIT, have you guys clicked the link about that whole "murder charge" thing? Do that, then click on the link in THAT article about him being "wanted for questioning in Belize". If you haven't read these two articles, you have no idea how fucking insane this guy's life is. This video barely scratches the surface. He makes Charlie Sheen look like Mister Goddamn Rogers.

Fanghawk said:
Reports indicate that as McAfee's herbal company stalled, he became increasingly erratic. He found himself estranged from other American expatriates in the country, and stated that he'd hired criminals and drug traffickers for his security staff. More recently, McAfee reportedly began posting on the Russian-hosted website Bluelight about his efforts to purify bath salts, a drug known for its hallucinogenic effects. In April, police arrested McAfee and led a raid on his compound that uncovered a chemistry lab and an entire armory of weapons. After discovering that everything was licensed and legally obtained, McAfee was reluctantly released.
WHAT. I guess he wasn't fucking around with that Bath Salts joke.

Fanghawk said:
According to Wired, McAfee is hiding from the authorities while proclaiming his innocence. The article explains that when McAfee saw the police approaching his property, he quickly buried himself in sand, placing a cardboard box over his head so he could breathe. "It was extraordinarily uncomfortable," he said, "But they will kill me if they find me."

McAfee claims that he knows nothing about the shooting, and that his position as prime suspect is due to a government vendetta against him. McAfee also claims that the authorities poisoned his guard dogs. "The coast guard dropped off a contingent of black-suited thugs at 10:30 tonight at the dock next door," McAfee said, "They dispersed on the beach. A half hour later all of my dogs had been poisoned. Mellow, Lucky, Dipsy, and Guerrero have already died."

Belize's Gang Suppression Unit denies any attempt to poison McAfee's guard dogs. "This guy amazes me every day," unit head Marco Vidal said. "We don't have anything personal against Mr. McAfee. There is no need for us to poison dogs."

Source: Wired

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.