John McAfee Snorts Bath Salts, Uninstalls McAfee Anti-Virus

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
...looks like I'm going to have to get McAfee Antivirus, just so I can go through the process of uninstalling it.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
6_Qubed said:
Well, I do remember reading that for the Nick Cage movie "Lord of War", it was a lot cheaper to buy actual weapons from actual arms dealers (that the movie guys had to give back within a certain time because said weapons had already been paid for) than it was to find that many fake guns.
This caught my interest, and so I looked it up (not so hard, it's a reference linked from Wikipedia). Quoting from the article:
article said:
"In a way, my film is a how-to about becoming an arms dealer," Niccol told the New York Daily News. "During the making of it, I needed guns in the Czech Republic, and it was cheaper to use real guns than replicas. I bought 3000 Kalashnikovs and then sold them back at a loss.

"I wouldn't make a very good arms dealer."

He could not afford to destroy them because he had a small budget, but he said: "In South Africa, we did cut some guns in half to stop them from getting into circulation.
From http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10345429

Too bad the article has a pro-guncontrol slant, but hey, it's 21st century, unbiased journalism is uncool.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Saw this vid a few days ago. Very funny. Although, I think he can't be that rich if those are the best looking women he could hire for the video.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Desert Punk said:
Guy lickin some lady foot; AGE GATE!!!

Jim Gobbling down on a fist or baseball-bat dildo; Entertainment for the whole family!!!

Escapist logic at its finest! :p
This is a good point, considering all the swearing Jim does also.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I'm pretty sure I just watched a guy give the entire internet the middle finger in its own language. With youtube.

Shine on you crazy bastard, I'm still not ever installing your terrible anti-virus tool.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
hooblabla6262 said:
This man is a genius and I love him.
<3
Seriously, he should release monthly videos.
I would suscribe that is for sure.

OT: I honestly think this guy has just had enough and decided to make a statement. The issue being, I can't discern what that statement actually is.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Robot Number V said:
Fanghawk said:
According to Wired, McAfee is hiding from the authorities while proclaiming his innocence. The article explains that when McAfee saw the police approaching his property, he quickly buried himself in sand, placing a cardboard box over his head so he could breathe. "It was extraordinarily uncomfortable," he said, "But they will kill me if they find me."

McAfee claims that he knows nothing about the shooting, and that his position as prime suspect is due to a government vendetta against him. McAfee also claims that the authorities poisoned his guard dogs. "The coast guard dropped off a contingent of black-suited thugs at 10:30 tonight at the dock next door," McAfee said, "They dispersed on the beach. A half hour later all of my dogs had been poisoned. Mellow, Lucky, Dipsy, and Guerrero have already died."

Belize's Gang Suppression Unit denies any attempt to poison McAfee's guard dogs. "This guy amazes me every day," unit head Marco Vidal said. "We don't have anything personal against Mr. McAfee. There is no need for us to poison dogs."

Source: Wired

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.
In all honesty we can't say one way or the other. Belize isn't exactly known for its upstanding police officers, and there is proof that they have had him donate large (expensive) items in the past so it may be true (I can't currently find the article I pulled that from, so take it with a grain of salt). We also know that when the gang suppression unit raided his place, he was in bed with his Girlfriend, so there is a witness (albeit how reliable we also don't know) to that event as well. The fact that he sought political asylum instead of relying on his supposed connections with major drug cartels also tells us a few things (why go to another country where talks will be had of extradition instead of going to one of the major crime families that seem to be able to avoid arrest without many problems) about how juiced up these charges may be.

We do know that John is responsible for making bath salts and other "legal" drugs and entheogens, so that much of the issue is true. Though he can't be arrested on those charges alone in Belize (in the US he could be though, as any substance sold with the intention of being used as a drug, is considered a drug). I have a feeling that the truth is less crazy than the stories we hear, and lays between the Belize Police's story and John's story.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
mruuh said:
6_Qubed said:
Well, I do remember reading that for the Nick Cage movie "Lord of War", it was a lot cheaper to buy actual weapons from actual arms dealers (that the movie guys had to give back within a certain time because said weapons had already been paid for) than it was to find that many fake guns.
This caught my interest, and so I looked it up (not so hard, it's a reference linked from Wikipedia). Quoting from the article:
article said:
"In a way, my film is a how-to about becoming an arms dealer," Niccol told the New York Daily News. "During the making of it, I needed guns in the Czech Republic, and it was cheaper to use real guns than replicas. I bought 3000 Kalashnikovs and then sold them back at a loss.

"I wouldn't make a very good arms dealer."

He could not afford to destroy them because he had a small budget, but he said: "In South Africa, we did cut some guns in half to stop them from getting into circulation.
From http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10345429

Too bad the article has a pro-guncontrol slant, but hey, it's 21st century, unbiased journalism is uncool.
Yaaaaay I helped! :D

Though personally, I'm having trouble seeing a "pro-gun-control" bias from anything other than one sentence the guy directing the movie said, though in fairness the lack of article length may have something to do with that. The movie itself is less about "guns being evil" than it is about "gunrunning will ruin your life".

Also, I like your phrase "unbiased journalism". You almost made me believe that ever existed for a second. For, like, one whole second.