Jury rules Casey Anthony Not Guilty

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
Hatchet90 said:
I have no words. I've been following this case since it's been brought up in court a month or so ago. Casey Anthony is guilty, she partied days after her child was reported "missing" (aka murdered) and had absolutely no emotion when: her mother broke out in tears and the death of her daughter was described in great detail. The only emotion she ever showed was when she got away with murder. I never have believed it before, but the system is fucked up. She wasn't even found guilty of child abuse even though she tied up her daughter with duct tape, tossed her in a bag, and threw her body in the woods.

Oh well, it was just a little girl.
You know the case has been ongoing for 3 years? As guilty as she may seem, if you weren't in the courtroom, and all the knowledge you have of this case was spoon fed to you by the media, you aren't in the position to pass judgement along about what should have happened to this woman.

Do I think she's not guilty? No. But do I go around spouting that "this ***** deserves to die in prison" even though I don't know the entire story? Also no.

What I'm trying to say is that I hate it when the media ends cases like this before they even begin. Please, try to imagine if Casey Anthony was somehow innocent. She probably isn't but imagine she is. She now has to live with one eye over her shoulder, in fear of getting stabbed in the back at any given time.

The evidence against her was circumstantial at most. Nothing concrete existed, but the way the mass media twisted it, this was an open and shut case that she managed to worm out of through sheer bitchery. The legal system may be fucked yes, and we may go by the insanely stupid guidelines of "Letting 1000 guilty men run free rather than one innocent man go to jail", but that's just how it is.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
I wasn't really interested but my boss at work was, so I ended up watching some of the case at work.

No opinion on the actual crime, but the prosecutors pretty much got ***** slapped the whole way through, from what i could tell.

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
Turtleboy1017 said:
Hatchet90 said:
I have no words. I've been following this case since it's been brought up in court a month or so ago. Casey Anthony is guilty, she partied days after her child was reported "missing" (aka murdered) and had absolutely no emotion when: her mother broke out in tears and the death of her daughter was described in great detail. The only emotion she ever showed was when she got away with murder. I never have believed it before, but the system is fucked up. She wasn't even found guilty of child abuse even though she tied up her daughter with duct tape, tossed her in a bag, and threw her body in the woods.

Oh well, it was just a little girl.
What I'm trying to say is that I hate it when the media ends cases like this before they even begin. Please, try to imagine if Casey Anthony was somehow innocent. She probably isn't but imagine she is. She now has to live with one eye over her shoulder, in fear of getting stabbed in the back at any given time.

The evidence against her was circumstantial at most. Nothing concrete existed, but the way the mass media twisted it, this was an open and shut case that she managed to worm out of through sheer bitchery. The legal system may be fucked yes, and we may go by the insanely stupid guidelines of "Letting 1000 guilty men run free rather than one innocent man go to jail", but that's just how it is.
If you want to see a prime example of this, go over to MSNBC, and catch the latest episode of Nancy Grace. Almost every caller on the show was vehemently oppposed to Casey and they were deadset on her being guilty from the start. From a ratings standpoint though you can't draw in a lot of viewers playing defensive. Aggression means passion and angry callers, all of which attract viewers. Eh, what do you do though, that's why I could barely follow the story at all.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
..Our legal system is never fair. I wish I could just go back in time and take part in every case just because of how ridiculous our judges are. It's one thing that 'Justice is blind' but for the mom to be found not guilty after the murder of her own daughter spite being called an 'accident'.. yeah, that's bullcrap. Not to mention she lied a few times so that should settle the case already *sigh*.

Let's not forget that she had no emotion when they described how her daughter died, but then cried when she was found not guilty. Not cool at all, plus she hugged her lawyer. She probably was happy to be found innocent when really she has red all over her hands. Stuff like this ticks me off, no doubt. Hope karma catches up with her and I mean not wanting harm done to her but it'll get to her mentally I bet (or hope).
Screw Karma! I hope Noob Saibot finds that cold hearted, unfeeling *****!
The defense was so weak and pathetic. How did she get off!?! HOW!?

Seriously I have nothing more to say for the state of Florida...

Take it away Noob

boag

Sep 13, 2010
31 days without reporting her child missing.
Human deterioration spell in the back of her car trunk
Googled chloroform, neckbreaking, duct tape.
Daughter was found with duct tape covering her mouth and a heart shaped sticker on it.
Mother Partied like fucking crazy while her daughter was missing.

Great Job Jury.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uh... yeah, that's how the trial-by-jury system works. Y'know, innocent until proven guilty and all that.

As opposed to trial-my-media, also known as 'innocent until guilty makes for higher ratings'.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Joel Dawson said:
rhizhim said:
links about how to use chloroform and several 'child missing' pages were found on her pc.
Based on what I've read, it appears that the searches were attributed to her mother. Though why her mother would be looking up chloroform confuses me.
It could be coincidence. If you went on my search history, chloroform would be on there, as well as everything else i've ever heard about and gotten curious.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
shadowmagus said:
Being found guilty would probably have been better for her. She would have gone to prison, may or may not have gotten the death penalty, may or may not have even lived long. No, now she has to go back outside to a world that has seen her face plastered all over the place as the "woman who allegedly killed her child and tried to cover it up". You try getting a job like that. Sure, she could write a memoir, and people will buy it, but even OJ's estate went to shit because everyone knew he did it.

This woman's life is screwed regardless. Did she get away with it, perhaps. Is she going to feel the repercussions to her dying day. Most likely. I would not wish this woman's future misery on my own worst enemy.
LOL True. In the words of Chris Rock

"I'd rather be guilty and people know I did it rather than getting off and have everyone think I did it"

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Honestly, the OPs mother is an idiot.

This has nothing to do with anyone but those involved in the case, there is no reason for anyone else to be emotionally involved.

The defence team was right in attacking the media and saying "You cannot convict someone until they've had their day in court". If they are found guilty in a court of law, they are guilty, if they are not, then they are not.. there is no other way that the system can work. The media should support this and remember it is their place to report fact and news, not speculation.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
A group of people sat through a case, listening to both sides of the argument and came out with the decision that she was not guilty of the murder of a child. Why do people WANT her to be guilty of killing her own daughter? That's a fucked up thing to want.

If the proof does not show that she is guilty, then she is not. It's not our decision to decide who is and who is not guilty. That is for the jurors to decide.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
666Chaos said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I'm going to quote my post from the other thread, since this seems to be the more active one.

Owyn_Merrilin said:
I'd say justice was served. There was no evidence that she was guilty of anything aside from lying to police officers, and there was reason to believe she did that because she wasn't entirely right in the head. Despite what the media's coverage of cases like this lead people to believe, people are innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution had no proof.
This was a death penalty case. They shouldn't be executing people in the first case, but if the government is going to do it, they'd better be damned sure that the person is actually guilty. There was too much reason to doubt that she committed murder.
Especially considering the fact that they dont even know the cause of death. It is really hard to convict somebody of murder when you have a body but the cause of death is undetermined.

Nobody here was in the court room and so the only thing we know is what we have read about the case. We do not know all the details and so we are not in a position to properly judge the case and the verdict.
To be fair, those of us who live in Florida have a chance of knowing all the details. I didn't watch it religiously, but the cable company run 24 hour local news channels had a live feed of the courtroom for the entire time court was in session. It's theoretically possible that someone could have sat through the entire trial.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
She was found not guilty, so everyone should get over it and move on with their lives. The prosecution had no hard evidence, only circumstantial, so I'm not suprised at all.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Remember, you weren't actually in the court or the jury. Unless you watched a live feed of the entire trial, it's not your place to accuse anyone of anything or complain about "the system".

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
Huh, I'm honestly surprised she got off. I've been kind-of paying attention at work on and off the past few days, it seemed like there was enough evidence to have this one in the bag. Well, the American justice system is how it is, and she got off. Not really much we can do about it now. I'd still rather our justice system work like this than not.

Well, her life is pretty much over regardless.