Jury rules Casey Anthony Not Guilty

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
You know what makes it worse? That the mom within the month of her daughter being 'missing' was out partying. Yeah, explain that to the courtroom please. Oh wait, it doesn't matter because she was found innocent even though she lied and some evidence was obviously strong enough to prove she's guilty.

Also, love your Avatar it owns. Personally, I think she did something to convince the jury or perhaps the judge about letting her go. I sense something wrong with this case, which I like to call 'Making a Deal'. This deal let her go, but what's the catch? Doesn't matter to me, for I am very upset that she got away with it especially with the obvious facts. I'm actually with you on how you feel my friend.
I'm going to copy paste what I said before and elaborate a bit.

What I'm trying to say is that I hate it when the media ends cases like this before they even begin. Please, try to imagine if Casey Anthony was somehow innocent. She probably isn't but imagine she is. She now has to live with one eye over her shoulder, in fear of getting stabbed in the back at any given time.

The evidence against her was circumstantial at most. Nothing concrete existed, but the way the mass media twisted it, this was an open and shut case that she managed to worm out of through sheer bitchery. The legal system may be fucked yes, and we may go by the insanely stupid guidelines of "Letting 1000 guilty men run free rather than one innocent man go to jail", but that's just how it is.

Could it have been exceedingly obvious she committed the crime? Yes. But the jury has the task of potentially killing this woman. Their decision wasn't about what this woman did, but rather if there is enough evidence to prove that this woman did it. I'm almost positive many of them were convinced she did it. However, sending somebody to their death because of what you think isn't how our justice system works, it's about what we know. Not one of the jury was convinced that there was enough evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt that she did it, and frankly, had I been in that courtroom with them, I would have agreed.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
watch now as she gets book, movie and reality tv deals and our ignorant populous will buy/watch it all

america: where known killers can get away with murder, child molesters are allowed to teach at schools, illegial immigrants can shoot up a store, killing 5 people and run back into mexico never to be caught and gangbangers can do a drive by and kill 50 people yet gets away because he plays the race card. yet potheads get locked up for 50 years for such a small amount of weed that it can only fit on your thumb. which then the cop who arrested you takes that "contraband" and smokes it.

theres a reason why lady "justice" wears a blindfold. she dosent want to see whats really going on. only caring about how much money she gets

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
To be honest I'm pretty goddamn tired of hearing about this. And not that that verdict is in I'm sure some political pundits will have a field day with this and get all pissed off.

That being said, I'm not at all surprised about the verdict. Everything about that case didn't sit well with me, the Meter guy's story didn't make any sense, and the police royally screwed up. You're gonna berate someone telling you that he found what he thinks is a skull and you're not gonna take him seriously? Are you shitting me? And then that guy waits for several months before he goes back and calls the police again and all of a sudden it's important? Something's not right there.

That whole family is one giant pool of messed up, and I will say Casey Anthony is guilty of something, but I'm not so sure it's murder though. Something's not all right with her upstairs.

The prosecution messed up because they bet all their chips into a death penalty charge that they didn't even bother proving the lesser charges so the jury had no choice but to give a not guilty verdict. I think the prosecution wanted to make an example out of her, for whatever reason, and they failed to do it and they had circumstantial evidence, so I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Jodah said:
The prosecution dropped the ball. They figured she would be convicted on the charges alone and offered little evidence. I will not give my opinion on her guilt or innocence, just saying it was a poorly prosecuted case.
I noticed this when I was watching the case on TruTV. I find it funny when the prosecution's argument seems like it just came out of a Phoenix Wright game.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
If the Prosecutors feel strongly about it, I hope they appeal.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Sober Thal said:
At least we nailed Blago up here in Chicago.

It still doesn't make me feel better after hearing this tho.
Girlfriend trust me! That boy Blago deserved it considering he's already committed enough fashion crimes with that rats nest he calls hair *Snaps Fingers*

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Craorach said:
Honestly, the OPs mother is an idiot.

This has nothing to do with anyone but those involved in the case, there is no reason for anyone else to be emotionally involved.

The defence team was right in attacking the media and saying "You cannot convict someone until they've had their day in court". If they are found guilty in a court of law, they are guilty, if they are not, then they are not.. there is no other way that the system can work. The media should support this and remember it is their place to report fact and news, not speculation.
In my experience I've found American people to cry at the slightest provocation.

It's incredibly easy to set them off crying.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Madara XIII said:
Screw Karma! I hope Noob Saibot finds that cold hearted, unfeeling *****!
The defense was so weak and pathetic. How did she get off!?! HOW!?

Seriously I have nothing more to say for the state of Florida...

Take it away Noob

You know what makes it worse? That the mom within the month of her daughter being 'missing' was out partying. Yeah, explain that to the courtroom please. Oh wait, it doesn't matter because she was found innocent even though she lied and some evidence was obviously strong enough to prove she's guilty.

Also, love your Avatar it owns. Personally, I think she did something to convince the jury or perhaps the judge about letting her go. I sense something wrong with this case, which I like to call 'Making a Deal'. This deal let her go, but what's the catch? Doesn't matter to me, for I am very upset that she got away with it especially with the obvious facts. I'm actually with you on how you feel my friend.
LOL Thanks. I happened to have come across it when I was trying to find a deliciously evil new avatar when BAM out of the blue google delivers this awesome avatar XD.

Oh well, what makes it worse is the 5th amendment protecting her from ever being tried on this case again. (Unless there are some loopholes I'm unaware of, but she can also plead the 5th as well if she is ever brought to court for another charge)

DAMMIT IT ALL!! My evil mustache demands Sasuke be put on the front line as a pincushion for my rage!!

finecrazydud

Mar 6, 2010
"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."-Joseph Stalin
its sad and all, and yes she was only found not guilty by reasonable doubt but more important things need to be reported

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
ravensheart18 said:
Madara XIII said:
shadowmagus said:
Being found guilty would probably have been better for her. She would have gone to prison, may or may not have gotten the death penalty, may or may not have even lived long. No, now she has to go back outside to a world that has seen her face plastered all over the place as the "woman who allegedly killed her child and tried to cover it up". You try getting a job like that. Sure, she could write a memoir, and people will buy it, but even OJ's estate went to shit because everyone knew he did it.

This woman's life is screwed regardless. Did she get away with it, perhaps. Is she going to feel the repercussions to her dying day. Most likely. I would not wish this woman's future misery on my own worst enemy.
LOL True. In the words of Chris Rock

"I'd rather be guilty and people know I did it rather than getting off and have everyone think I did it"
Oh I don't know, people like this seem to just slip back into society. Heck, in Canada we have a convicted kiddy molester and child murderer who, amongst other crimes, helped her husband to drug, rape, and kill her own little sister... and she's on the street, living her life, and even found someone dumb enough to make a baby with her.
First of all...that is f*cking sick and disgusting. I mean it. Secondly, you're probably right that she'll fall back into society. Either way I feel like this is a serious loss of my faith in the justice system. Especially how the prosecution failed miserably. Should have gotten more solid evidence.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I'm fine with it. I'll consider the facts...

- This woman is scarred by the media for life, and may not be able to show her face to anyone around her again
- She certainly lied, but it's certainly possible she's innocent. SOMETHING convinced the jury. Keep in mind, readers of this article haven't seen all the facts. The media may not have seen all the facts. The jury has.
- If she IS guilty, this woman is not at all likely to kill someone again, especially after this whole trial. The purpose of criminal justice is not for the dead to assume revenge; it is to act as a deterrent against further crimes. Problem solved.
- If she IS guilty, no mother could live without horrible nightmares of her moment of anger.

There, all said and done. No reason for anyone to worry about it anymore.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Jodah said:
The prosecution dropped the ball. They figured she would be convicted on the charges alone and offered little evidence. I will not give my opinion on her guilt or innocence, just saying it was a poorly prosecuted case.
This.

It does not matter, in a fair criminal system, whether it is likely she killed her children. Your concerns of 'Well, it looks like she probably did it' is meaningless. A jury isn't to look at whether she is the best suspect.

NONE of those things are good enough in a fair court system.

What matters, and all that should matter is:

Is there absolutely no reasonable doubt?

It does not matter that she lied to police. The defense showed she had a history of pathological lying. They showed she was abused by her father, and that triggered her need to lie... thusly removing the 'she lied so she's guilty' scenario from legal consideration.

The defense brought up that the body could have been moved by the one finding it, to which the prosecution could not rebut. If you're a prosecutor, and your case hinges on 'We found the body in her possession' you better damn well prove it was there and it could not have been moved. Finding it is NOT enough.

The defense brought up the idea that her father could have been a reasonable and possible culprit. It does not matter one bit that it's less likely her father did than the defendant. It matters that the prosecution did not rule out her father, and thus, did not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Be GLAD you have a justice system where 'Welp, he looks like a good enough suspect, case closed!' is enough to convict. Where a case has to be worked to the point where prosecution must be air-tight. It's one of the few recourses you have against an unfair law or a police state.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Madara XIII said:
Sober Thal said:
At least we nailed Blago up here in Chicago.

It still doesn't make me feel better after hearing this tho.
Girlfriend trust me! That boy Blago deserved it considering he's already committed enough fashion crimes with that rats nest he calls hair *Snaps Fingers*
Girlfriend?! Twice in one day I'm called a girl, why?

I hope you choke on your third eye Tobi!! You're not even the main bad guy, we all know Kabuto is gunna be the last villain standing!!!

/joke

Yeah, it was much like this (the feeling anyway) when his first trial happened, but luckily the jury didn't reach a verdict and he was put on trial again.

Doesn't look like this can happen here tho.
MWAHAHAHAHA My evil Mustache has intimidated you so! Hehehe I was just doing the "girlfriend" thing as a sign of my sassyness when it comes to men who just don't know how to style their hair. I mean damn it's just a tragedy!

Secondly, SCREW KABUTO!! I will not have Orochimaru's walking dildo triumph over me! NEVER!! You have invoked my wrath!!!

Now sit back and watch as Smoke and Sub-Zero destroy your ego!!

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
I haven't been following the case that much, but the people in here are just proving to be a violent mob.

Perhaps I would be a tad skeptical if this was somebody with a bit of money, or a famous person with an amazing lawyer (OJ, hint hint), but this is a 25-year old woman who doesn't appear to have much wealth. There is no way she would buy a jury. Consequently, the verdict was made on a strictly legal basis, and here's where the words, "beyond a reasonable doubt" matter most. The defense sufficiently showed that the evidence against them was lacking. Whatever happened to innocent-until-proven-guilty? She lied to the police, does that mean she drowned her 2-year old daughter in her backyard swimming pool? If she was convicted, she could have gotten the death sentence, and for what? The media calling her out as a child murderer and a month of lying from a grieving mother? We are more civilized than that!

Do any of you know what the pressures that mothers who lose their children face in America? One of my friends died about two years ago from meningitis, and the mother ended up being somewhat ostracized from her community, because everyone thought she could have made her daughter's life less stressful, or she could have called an ambulance in the morning instead of the afternoon. This is among a relatively nice community, too.

Imagine what this woman would have to face when her community finds out her daughter drowned in her backyard swimming pool? To them, the responsibility is on the mother to make sure things like that don't happen. So she panics, she lies to the police, she doesn't know what to do. I don't know about the partying personally, but I can suggest that is a rather natural psychological reaction for a younger woman. She wants to get her daughter out of her mind for a bit, she goes to a club and has some drinks and dancing. Had she called the police as soon as she realizes her daughter is dead, the immediate suspicion would be on her. And you know what? She'll still be ostracized from her community.

She's fucked either way, people! She gets ostracized from her community either way! And you people want to fucking stone her to death?

She was found not guilty, and we might not know the truth for a while, but we're still treating her as not guilty either way, and it should not be spoken about again. This is a prime example of a legal system that does things RIGHT, not wrong. The prosecution went to trial with their evidence, the defense argued against that evidence, the jury heard both arguments and returned their verdict - guilty on lying, innocent on everything else, because the prosecution could not prove their point on that. That is the verdict and I hope it gets respected. And if we continue to treat her as a murderer, or heaven forbid someone goes for a revenge killing, THAT is the failure of America.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Not having followed this case, shouldn't we not judge the person if they aren't considered guilty? I mean, she might not have done it, but now everyone will think she's the one that "got away". Her life is pretty much ruined because of that, even if she didn't kill anyone.

It is a she, right? I really have no idea about this, I tend to avoid courtroom stories until the end because they go on forever.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Everyone who has watched the trial with close scrutiny has all the information that the jury had access to. I don't see a problem with other people making their own informed personal judgements. I agree that there was not sufficient concrete evidence to convict her on murder one, maybe the prosecution shouldn't have set the bar so high when they knew they only had circumstantial evidence. To not even get her charged with negligence is a travesty.

Besides, someone killed that little girl, unless she duct-taped herself, and somehow ingested chloroform, and put herself in the woods after death in a bag. I don't see a problem with speculating who did it, as someone needs to be held accountable. If the judicial sector can't do that, than the public sector will certainly take up the task, be it by disagreeing with the verdict, scrutinizing the trial, or by other means.

And, for all its faults, I still am glad the American justice system has moments like this to remind us of the need for impartiality and innocence until proven guilty.