Just changed my username!

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I was Aetheora, but I got this name idea instead~ Thought it might be fun for a change of pace after several years of using the same thing.

So, Escapists... Have you ever changed your username here? If so, why did you do it? If not, have you ever considered it?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Up until February 2012 my name on here was 'JoJoDeathunter', a combination of my two well-used Internet names. I became tired of the last half though and when I realised there wasn't any extant user with solely the name 'JoJo', I leapt at the chance to gain it. I had to request the change through Nasrin though since I already used up my one username change back when I first joined (I don't even remember what my original name was now), thankfully she agreed! Never looked back, I'm very happy with my choice :)

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Nope, this is my prime internet handle nowadays. There was a different one in the before times of the earlier internet, but that one was already taken when I got here, so I went for my WoW main's name as my handle.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Never have never will. Of all of the sites, accounts, etc. that require usernames, only one has had elfgore taken. That was tumblr, so I wasn't shocked. So, besides it being a 99.9% sure-shot of a easy username that doesn't include numbers. It also just sounds awesome... at least I think so.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009

This was the very first place where I used the name Queen Michael, and since then I've started using it in lots of other places. It's a neat name, so I see no reason for change.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Tippy is my nickname in real life and therefore, every user name I have is some variety of Tippy. I've never changed it in my long run here at Ze Escapist :D

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I can change my name on the Escapist?!?
Never knew that.

But then I'd have to change my avatar as well, and I like my care-free turtle. He is the Lord of the Dance.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I used to be called Sci-fi luver 437 because a police woman gave a talk on cyber safety at my school and how you should keep a variety of names. I do have different names now but needless to say they are not from the imagination of an 11 year old.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
My name on here used to be Shax. I couldn't why I thought of that name in the first place, and it really didn't appeal to me anymore, so I changed it. Jolly Co-Operator (or some varied spelling) is the name I use for most things now. If that name is already being used in all of my preferred spellings, then I usually go with "Oponn's Push".

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
JoJo said:
OHAI DEATHUNTER
;D

OT: I've always been Redlin5 and I don't intend on changing anytime soon. I do know of people's old usernames. Anyone remember Maxieon or Alpha1089 or Hailfire998? I know their 2nd names quite well. XD

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
yes i've changed my name, i used to be Fouyuck when i first signed up but since i reverted back to my old gamertag i decided that all my handles on the internet shal be a big cup of tea

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Hero in a half shell said:
I can change my name on the Escapist?!?
Never knew that.

But then I'd have to change my avatar as well, and I like my care-free turtle. He is the Lord of the Dance.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you get one free name change, but after that you have to have a fairly good reason to change your username.

OT: I have never changed my username and if I ever have to it will be because of complete bullshit.(Google almost forcing people to make a Google+ account on YouTube being a prime example)

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
And give up this most prestigious of names? Not likely!

I go by this name everywhere I'm able on the internet, so I might as well stay consistent.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Well I didn't know I could change my username...so I just did! I've had the username "NpPro93" for a long time (since middle school) and I don't really like it anymore. So I've been phasing it out in exchange for CarlsonAndPeeters, a reference to Beyond Good & Evil

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
My username here used to be Aerosteam 1908.

I removed the numbers because no one ever included them when addressing me in speech and text.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Nope. I was the one-hundred and thirtyith Ed on Trade Me and I like it. But if I do get Pub Club I would add 'The Vanguard' to match my later internet/kickstarter 'name in credits' handle.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Nope. I've been using the username chiggerwood since 2006, however the name originated sometime around 1999-2000 with my mother who used it as an e-mail name, but then she changed it and I decided to take it over. So with a 13 year history I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. It's served me well and I wouldn't want to be called anything else.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Ew, no. That would suck. I like being Headsprouter, Timesplitters fans know I'm one of them, willing to name myself after something from the series, everywhere I go.

...but to people who don't know, I can see how it might come across as a generic and silly username...