MelasZepheos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MelasZepheos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MelasZepheos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MelasZepheos said:
I have to.

Thread derailing is the only thing that doesn't cause cancer.
You know at some point I'm just going to have to friend you and get it over with.

And I'm sorry to tell you this, but we just got the test results back this morning. Thread Derailment isn't right for everyone and may cause impotence, bloating, cramping, hair loss, disturbing visions, fits of rage, and growth of additional eyes. Children under three should not be exposed to Thread Derailment. Do not get Derailment wet, and never feed it after midnight. If you experience trouble meditating, stop derailing threads and consult you ancient scrolls immediately.

New, blue, Thread Derailment. Gives you what you need, when you need it.
Why do you make it sound like being my friend would be a traumatic experience?

Also, none of those things are cancer :D
I'm fairly certain that thread derailing is catching among friends.

I'd rather not risk it.
I don't want to be the to tell you this...

[sub][sub]Yes I do.[/sub][/sub]

But it seems you've already got it :D

You also totally stole my 'ooh! ooh!' bit that I was doing with DVS BSTrD, you dirty joke stealing wanker.
I stole it?

Think you'll find my post was before yours.

Nice try wanka! :D
Your post wasn't there while I was typing mine.

You knew what I was typing, you damn pyschic. Admit it! Get out of my head Daystar!

Image was a little bigger than I thought it was.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Really? You really want laughter?

Oh god, it's contagious. XD

OT: You want a good laugh?

Alright, here you go:

I have a whole playlist of stupid, funny shit so if you want something to laugh at, I'm your dude.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Laughter?

Here's a joke.

A guy walks into a bar.
He says "ouch."
The bartender says "Don't say that you're scaring my customers."

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
*Deep breath* The smell of insanity at night. That's the beauty of The Escapist. You ask for silly times they give you sarcasm, satire, and a special brand of madness that's just delightful.

I don't really want to quote anyone in particular, but I just wanted to take the time to say that I love The Escapist forums when a fun, lovable bunch of posters such as these gather onto a single thread. It's simply fantastic.

I don't have anything particularly funny to say because I'm not in that kind of mood. :p

I will say that I personally had a good laugh looking over the posts of this thread, and so I thank you my fellow Escapists.

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Lumber Barber said:
Actually, we all hate each other even more than people on /v/ and /b/, but we just don't really say it.
That's the spirit! It's that kind of attitude that makes me just love this community so much. It's just faaaaaaaaaantastic. :D

P.S Thanks for quoting me! Seeing that yellow envelope in the corner because I got quoted brings endless joy to my life! >:D

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Tom Milner said:
monkeys aren't funny
/thread

OT: it's just because a lot of people don't make happy threads, if there was a better focus on joy rather than arguing, things would be different. sadly, this isn't the case.
A positive thread dies fast and you can't have a flamewar over happiness. If you want a discussion you need people to hate each other.

It sucks but it's the truth. Excluding forum games, most of the 100+ post threads reach that due to someone arguing.
THATS NOT TRUE!!!

I challenge this notion with... an argument.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
MammothBlade said:
I don't find OP's video all that amusing, so have some satire instead:

Charlie Brooker is awesome. Both funny and informative.
YES! A bit of Brooker is appropriate for any thread.

Vladeon

Jul 16, 2009
Even thought this was already on the Escapist, I figured it's worth revisiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fxVeAVl2I8

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Do you mean R&P? Yeah, that place is a mad house. No souls escape that place.

Or is it Forum Games/Forum Groups, the place all the old escapist users seem to end up?
Severe self discipline keeps me from succumbing. *WHIPS BACK*

Oldie but a goodie but I had toast for breakfast. YEEEEEAH TOAAST.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Casual Shinji said:

That isn't laughter. That's the sound of someone who's suddenly had a large group of rodents materialize inside of his body, and those are his off tempo shrieks of horror.
Or, I like the way my friend (who showed me the video; he's a FF fan) put it: "It sounds like a bunch of sleeping crows got shoved into his throat, and they all just woke up at once."

OT: I agree. MORE SILLINESS!!! MORE SILLINESS IMMEDIATELY!!!
Should this suffice?

Sacul

Sep 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Binnsyboy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
If there is insufficient amount of laughter on this site, then the blame rests solely on me.

I have let you all down.

I shall do...

What needs to be done.
I think I have a seppuku katana somewhere...
What?

Oh no, that's far too depressing.

I meant this.

Oh...that's what you meant...Um, anyone mind calling a ambulance?

In the meantime though, I suppose I should dig into my favorites and try to find something remotely funny.
I doubt I would of ever watched that if it wasn't for Doctor Who but it's kinda funny.

If you want to ensure that any music you ever listen to afterwards is amazing by comparison, check out JAHM (it emphasizes the jam)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Matthew94 said:
A positive thread dies fast and you can't have a flamewar over happiness. If you want a discussion you need people to hate each other.

It sucks but it's the truth. Excluding forum games, most of the 100+ post threads reach that due to someone arguing.
Truth. The year is 2012, and on the internet, there is only war. Also, gotta be honest, things suck right now, huh? Economic crisis, doomsday predictions everywhere, wars popping up all over the place...sure, a certain amount of it is worsened by the media, but there's actually a significant amount of real problems now, rather than media generated nightmares.

Ah, well.

Y'know what's glorious about this? The guy who did it usually does GMOD vids, and he did this as an april fools joke, saying he was quitting gmod in order to do youtube poops, and it's actually better than most actual youtube poops. Ain't it a b****?

Casual Shinji said:

I can top that...