Just why is PC gaming the master race?

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
PC has Steam, P2P, Classics, Emulators, Homebrew, Flash, Dojin, Indie, Mugen, and Fan made mods and patches... Yea PC is so dead...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
So clearly the thoughtful, mature response is to... directly compare PC gamers to Nazis?

GoldenDragon14

Oct 21, 2011
for me a keyboard and the mouse are much easier to use than i joystick. for example, if i play a shooter on a PC, i can get kills pretty easily because i can aim much more precisely with a mouse, if i play on a console, i spend forever nudging the joystick to the perfect position to get a head shot, overshooting, and nudging it back.. plus, on a PC i have access to the world wide web! so i can go on wikis or forums if i get stuck on a game... saying that steam is the only reason PC gaming is still alive is a lie, there are plenty of great games that don't use steam!

blushmoe

Nov 19, 2009
I am a big PC buff. However i do not make this debate. In the 90's? Easily.
I just find it to be more convenient. To get a PC/Laptop that runs smoothly would cost about 700-900 bucks. Spend an extra 300-400 and get a gaming PC.

not only that, I find the online system so much easier having dedicated servers for close to every game.

It is also that whole customization. Why do you think so many men love their cars. They can customize what is inside them to run like they want, same as a PC.

Steam did lighten up PC gaming when it was looking low. But making this debate is like saying "Console gaming would be dead if it wasn't for X-box live/PSN." Of course it fucken wouldn't.

Either way, PC gaming just ads this personal & customization sense that you could never ever get with any consoles.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I prefer consoles, while I know PC's can be good, I've never had one that is, I can barely play games on mine, and at a very poor frame rate as well, which is a problem I don't have with my xbox, and I can play the first two Fable's (hated the third)

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
wow.... the pc master race is still a thing? let me be blunt. i dont give a flying sh*t about what medium you use to play games. you can play on your mobile phone for all i care.
geez, its been already said before but i will repeat it. most of those console wars are caused by the fact that your mommy cant afford more than one overpriced toy for you.

oh yeah, and most of us, oh so glorious pc gamers, have build our own toys. that makes us better by the international law of shut up. also i prefer to be called ubermensch, i consider german to be more classy.

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
Simple, modders, skinners, indie developers. Most of the greatest developers start out with a PC indie game, but why most? Pretty much all developers start out with that. No other platform has so much customization build in to it, no other.

And companies like Valve are made 80% out of independent modders and programmers. You can't beat that, you can't.

BlindedHunter

Apr 2, 2010
The main reason, I think, for any amount of PC "elitism" is that there have been many people who have said things like "PC gaming is dying", "PC gaming will die", and that there have been some signs of PC game dying out. It's, at least in part, a drastic, worried response to a potential issue.
Those of us that game exclusively on the PC especially have this issue, because we see the PC as being superior for one reason or other, yet others don't seem to quite understand how it is better - and, more significantly, in the former decade as consoles were getting better developers seemed to vastly prefer consoles and those platforms swelled suddenly in importance.

Knowing why developers prefer those consoles, seeing that sudden swell that looked like it very much would simply overtake and suffocate the PC, and similar developments like games being released exclusively on consoles or earlier on consoles (I believe it happened only a few times, though, and I may be mis-remembering entirely) combined with a love for the PC for whatever (mostly the mouse, keyboard, and general versatility of it, for the record) easily spelled disaster.
I do think the PC is the best platform, hands down, but I'd never call it the master race, or suggest the consoles stop existing. Consoles are good for their own reasons. I just don't want PC gaming to die out to any degree.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
The PC Master Race is no different from Xbox/PS fanboys, except things usually wind up "Master Race" v. fanboys teaming up. I've had quite a few people ridicule me for playing games on PC, doesn't make me call everyone who prefers the PS 3 elitists. It does seem like saying you prefer playing on a PC and going into detail why will get you labeled as a "Master Race" elitist, while doing the same for a console is par for the course.

cloone8

Mar 29, 2011
Well, it's just a fact, PC's are the better platform, can handle more, can handle all types of controllers and keyboard + mouse. can play other games with emulators. so that is just a fact.

However, there is a downside...

PC's are damn expensive that for anyone who hasn't got a sh*tload of cash won't be able to buy a good high end PC. and you can't move it easily, so consoles are way more accasible and cheap, and last longer.

(LOL, i think i'm gonna get flamed anyway, by both PC elitist, and console fanboys)

Jun 11, 2008
Gecko clown said:
I've just gotten really pissed off with this one guy who, despite being a member of the master race, just raged at everyone who made the slightest criticism of the PC as a gaming platform. And I'd just really like everyone who does this to stop. It's not the master race, and it just makes you look like a nob when you shout at people for saying that PC gaming isn't absolutely perfect in every way. Now before ANYONE shouts at me I would like to say that I play games on the PC and consoles and, despite both of them having their pros and cons, they are both about the same on quality. PC has mods and the mouse is much more suited to fps' than the Xbox controller but the keyboard, oh god the keyboard.

People who rage at console gamers for being console gamers are only making themselves look like dicks. Face it guys, the only thing keeping the PC alive is Steam.

Now let the foruming commence!

(Please no raging.)
What made you think this thread was a good idea did you not see the negative reaction to the other thread like this or did you see it and then decide to make this thread.

OT: Yes we are all aware of this fact but there will always be a vocal minority not much to be said other than it might be a good idea to use the search bar before you make a thread as this as been done many times beforehand. I could make many threads on the bullshit that comes up on topics like this like the costs of PC gaming and other points on console gaming.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
PC is best except for one place, price.

But then again, Console Graphics look like arse.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Gecko clown said:
PC has mods and the mouse is much more suited to fps' than the Xbox controller but the keyboard, oh god the keyboard.
There's at least one controller [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126050] that has keyboard buttons and an analog stick. The analog stick mimics WASD by default, but I'm fairly certain that it can do other keys as well, if you prefer your movement keys to be something else. The keyboard buttons are great for your macros like inventory or reload. Using this, you get great analog control and a centralized location for all of your important game functions.

Face it guys, the only thing keeping the PC alive is Steam.

Steam may be the major game vendor, but there are other digital download services that are doing just fine. I recommend you take a look at Good Old Games [http://www.gog.com/] or Direct2Drive [http://www.direct2drive.com/]. Hell, GOG offers some games that Steam can't even get the rights to, because those games' developers have gone out of business. If digital distribution isn't your thing, Best Buy and other stores are still selling retail copies of new games.

Look, I don't hate consoles, and I don't praise the PC. I like all gaming platforms equally. Hell, I have games that extend back to the NES and span most of the produced consoles. I admit that the consoles have their flaws (processing limitations, less digital distribution), sure, but PCs also have their own flaws (more expensive to build or buy a good gaming PC, requires extensive setup to get working right). Neither are perfect, but both work to enrich the gaming culture. So I say fuck console and PC elitism; we should be united as people who just enjoy our hobby of gaming.

Landshark1

Mar 16, 2011
So you start this thread by raging about a friend who thinks computers are better, then ask other people NOT to rage? hypocritical much?
OT: There really aren't that many people who think that PC gaming is the master race, they just appear more frequently online because they are the "vocal minority."

ShakenBake

Sep 6, 2011
Us PC gamers are the master race because we actually improve the games we love by making custom levels and mods. We also preserve the history of games with the abandonware and emulator scene. We remake classics, and sometimes we even make our own games. We devote our labor, our love, our spare time into this wonderful hobby, and we do it for the benefits of all for free. Yet, spoiled console brats still love to spew, "The only reason PC gaming is alive is...." nonsense out of sheer ignorance. We're the master race by default because the console masses simply take gaming for granted.