Justin Bieber 800% slower = Ambient Masterpiece

Kanlic

Jul 29, 2009
qazmatoz said:
Novskij said:
qazmatoz said:
Novskij said:
Seriously why is everyone falling for this....
Because I just made my own ambient masterpiece out of a Maroon 5 song.
But the song isnt slowed down 800%, if it was it would be 25 minutes instead of 35 minutes.
Not really sure about that, but i've gone through a bunch of shitty pop songs using that Paulstretch program and I'm getting the exact same ambient sound with the percussion becoming that wave effect. Right now I'm trying Paramore's That's What You Get and got damn it it's beautiful.

Sigh life doesn't make sense anymore.
I gotta agree with Novskij on this, 8 times slower should mean 8 times longer, not 12 times. Doesn't mean that I ain't enjoying this though. I'd like a link to that Paramore one please

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Novskij said:
Probably because most people are just clicking the link, pressing the play button and enjoying the song, rather than busting out the old Sharp calculator from school and crunching the numbers.

Something tells me there's elements of it slowed down to 800% and then mixed. Or perhaps he's using an extended studio/album version of the song and slowing that down.

Either way, is it really all that important?

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
That sounded kinda good

Reminded me of this song

EDIT: Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKw5mbcE7VY&feature=player_embedded

Truely beautiful

Jun 16, 2010
BonsaiK said:
Mr Montmorency said:
BonsaiK said:
Mr Montmorency said:
BonsaiK said:
I just downloaded the ambient song, and played it at 8x speed. It's got the same tempo as the original, as far as I can tell (I'm no sound engineer or anything), but it's reverbed a lot. It's still recognisably a Justin Bieber pop song, and you can make out the lyrics, but it sounds all warble-y.

Still cool, and ironic considering the source material.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Kanlic said:
qazmatoz said:
Novskij said:
qazmatoz said:
Novskij said:
But the song isnt slowed down 800%, if it was it would be 25 minutes instead of 35 minutes.
Not really sure about that, but i've gone through a bunch of shitty pop songs using that Paulstretch program and I'm getting the exact same ambient sound with the percussion becoming that wave effect. Right now I'm trying Paramore's That's What You Get and got damn it it's beautiful.

I gotta agree with Novskij on this, 8 times slower should mean 8 times longer, not 12 times. Doesn't mean that I ain't enjoying this though. I'd like a link to that Paramore one please
I'd try but I don't really know how to work this program too well besides just messing with the stretching. Sorry :(

You can try messing with some yourself if you want. Honestly I have no idea how the program itself works so hopefully someone more tech savvy can shed some light.
http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
It's good, but it's not my taste. I won't be putting it on my mp3 player, just like I don't have any symphonies.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Kanlic said:
WestMountain said:
That sounded kinda good

Reminded me of this song

Truely beautiful
put the link instead, you embed this video for some reason
I have a theory that people doesn't click links because they don't bother but if it's embedded then people will start noticing it and thinks "Wow, this looks like a nice music video, I'll play it while I read other posts on this thread" or something :p

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Meh. Brian Eno has made better stuff.

EDIT:I've been Ninja'd. I didn't expect anyone here to have heard of him.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
My life...

my entity...

my existence....

It is complete.

I am ready, mother.

Take me back home.

Kanlic

Jul 29, 2009
qazmatoz said:
Kanlic said:
qazmatoz said:
Novskij said:
qazmatoz said:
Novskij said:

I'd try but I don't really know how to work this program too well besides just messing with the stretching. Sorry :(

You can try messing with some yourself if you want. Honestly I have no idea how the program itself works so hopefully someone more tech savvy can shed some light.
http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/
Its cool man, I'll make sure to check it out

Kanlic

Jul 29, 2009
WestMountain said:
Kanlic said:
WestMountain said:
That sounded kinda good

Reminded me of this song

Truely beautiful
put the link instead, you embed this video for some reason
I have a theory that people doesn't click links because they don't bother but if it's embedded then people will start noticing it and thinks "Wow, this looks like a nice music video, I'll play it while I read other posts on this thread" or something :p
You know what that is? Master Marketing

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
ShadowsofHope said:
Holy. Fucking. Sh-

BonsaiK said:
zen5887 said:
Yeah, my mind is blown.

http://soundcloud.com/shamantis/j-biebz-u-smile-800-slower

Now, I'm normally not the one to share this kind of stuff but man.. This shit is pretty amazing.
What's really amazing about it is how many people believe it's really Justin Bieber slowed down. It's obviously not (I'm an audio engineer so I'm qualified to tell you this). I got to hand it to whoever wrote the song though - riding off the back of someone else's fame sure is a clever marketing gimmick to get people to listen to your stuff. It's good to see that The Escapist a.k.a. The Great Justin Bieber Free Advertising Machine can actually be used, via threads like this, to promote other artists too.
.. Right. Well, damn. That screws my response over!

Can I has enough of Beiber on my Escapist, thanks?
cept you didnt read the rest of the topic where it was proven that is was infact a justin bieber song sped up