Kanye West announces bid for president.

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
Thought I'd post some stuff about Kanye to better contextualise this recent act of his, first of all is his single, which should put to bed any questions about this being him standing up against injustice relative to his own ego:

He's trying to pull a clipping. here (noise/industrial samples with political messaging) though at the same time he has to remind the audience that he is the messenger of God and that this is still about him. That he uses footage from the BLM protests, makes an abstract message of 'division' without anything concrete to say about police violence or racism in America, and that he is the spokesperson of the black community, with the burden of salvation resting upon him and faith just reaffirms the shallow communitarianism-for-profit here. Even by his own standards this is woefully cynical relative to his earlier efforts which had the same message but instead had a rebellious attitude celebrating flouting expectations:

One can already tell the difference in tone, approach and intention between something like We Don't Care and the sanctimoniousness and tackiness of Blood On The Leaves (which is artistically and politically closer to current Kanye), which is just a glitzed up stage for Kanye to project his ego and his success and sexual insecurity. It makes the Nina Simone sample tasteless and is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to imitate a Daveed Diggs, that persists throughout Yeezus and into tracks like New Slaves which compares slavery and segregation to Kanye's bourgeois struggles regarding shopping and fashion design:

Compare this with it's reference material (I know clppng came out after Yeezus, but Midcity was already making waves in the underground) and response from other black industrial music artists to Yeezus (in this case, Death Grips responding to Black Skinhead with Black Quarterback):

Also important reminder that he claimed he'd run for President as far back as 2015, it was just as narcissistic then as it is now and his transparent fast-food evangelism is as clear in his messaging as it was in Jesus is Lord when he made a tribute to Chick-Fil-A, which was then followed by a publicity stunt of free Chick-Fil-A dinners during the COVID epidemic.

In summary, Kanye has been scraping the artistic barrel, openly ripping off other more adventurous artists, and has been navel-gazing for a very long time. This is a string of stunts to cling onto relevance and profitability. It's totally pathetic even if he might genuinely be empathising with the situation, since he's been tone-deaf even when he attempted to be confrontative artistically for a while now. Him clinging on to his earlier provocativeness is just an old man trying to pretend that he's as edgy and exciting as he was when he was younger, failing to see that his attitude and his social station can be a locus for oppression whilst also being shielded from the terrorism that those less fortunate face every day. In the end he's left postulating, making grand gestures and nothing else.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I don't the future of America is looking pretty bright if you ask me.

Thought I'd post some stuff about Kanye to better contextualise this recent act of his, first of all is his single, which should put to bed any questions about this being him standing up against injustice relative to his own ego:

He's trying to pull a clipping. here (noise/industrial samples with political messaging) though at the same time he has to remind the audience that he is the messenger of God and that this is still about him. That he uses footage from the BLM protests, makes an abstract message of 'division' without anything concrete to say about police violence or racism in America, and that he is the spokesperson of the black community, with the burden of salvation resting upon him and faith just reaffirms the shallow communitarianism-for-profit here. Even by his own standards this is woefully cynical relative to his earlier efforts which had the same message but instead had a rebellious attitude celebrating flouting expectations:

One can already tell the difference in tone, approach and intention between something like We Don't Care and the sanctimoniousness and tackiness of Blood On The Leaves (which is artistically and politically closer to current Kanye), which is just a glitzed up stage for Kanye to project his ego and his success and sexual insecurity. It makes the Nina Simone sample tasteless and is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to imitate a Daveed Diggs, that persists throughout Yeezus and into tracks like New Slaves which compares slavery and segregation to Kanye's bourgeois struggles regarding shopping and fashion design:
Goddamn it Collage Drop Out was one of the top 5 albums of my life. I heard the new track and he this imagery but said nothing about nothing so any future Kanye solo productions I am probably going to ignore.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The problem with that pic is that all of those look like an improvement from trump.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
The problem with that pic is that all of those look like an improvement from trump.
Inanimate objects are an improvement over nearly every US president in history.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just wait until Donald Duck gets #Canceled for some...less than appropriate movies he did when he was younger.

That's from a short called Der Fuhrer's Face. Released in 1943. It's propaganda. To be more exact, it's pro-American propaganda.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That's from a short called Der Fuhrer's Face. Released in 1943. It's propaganda. To be more exact, it's pro-American propaganda.
Context and nuance don't matter to cancel culture. All they have to do is put an out-of-context image with a headline and 90% of people will be instantly convinced.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Context and nuance don't matter to cancel culture. All they have to do is put an out-of-context image with a headline and 90% of people will be instantly convinced.
Even if it did, just the idea of showing a Nazi is enough to get someone canceled.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I converasation about Kanye has us discussing canceling president Donald Duck, and neo and KKK being mad at Wolfenstein. We are delving into Kanye level of insanity.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Surely you have specific evidence for claims of such outrageous behavior?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Surely you have specific evidence for claims of such outrageous behavior?
It seems like the only time we interact is when you pop in a thread and ask for evidence for anything you disagree with, and then I never hear from you again. So I'm reluctant to engage, because it seems to me to just be wasted effort on my part. You just doubt that what I say is true and think I can't prove it.

Otherwise, the least you could do is pop back in and say "thanks, I learned something today!" like you were ever actually interested in learning anything, rather than just interested in challenging. There's nothing wrong with challenging, just I'd rather you come out and say it than passive-aggressively pretending to be interested in the subject.

Sorry, I just can't give you the benefit of the doubt anymore, because of how often you've done this.

So no, I'm not going to waste my time and hunt around for evidence to prove my opinion for you, only to have you disappear and not show up again until the next time I say something controversial. This is just something that I've learned over time. Every once in a while I'll come across a shocking headline, heavily upvoted, liked, or shared, and then I'll read the comments or the replies only to learn that the headline is fake or misleading. The fact that it was so heavily engaged with, despite this, is what causes my belief.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
That's a little more optimistic than I fear. With the trend of famous, egotistical shitbags running for president, here's a possible near-future ticket to scare the hell out of you: Logan Paul/Jake Paul 2024.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So West did an interview with Forbes, fleshing out his plans for his presidential bid, stances on certain topics, potential policies and whatnot, while at the same time announcing he's no longer in support of Trump.

My favorite bit is wanting to use Wakanda as a framework for the White House. Or whatever that part means. Might be I'm too stupid to understand that level of genius tho.
“A lot of Africans do not like the movie [Black Panther] and representation of themselves in…Wakanda. But I’m gonna use the framework of Wakanda right now because it’s the best explanation of what our design group is going to feel like in the White House…That is a positive idea: you got Kanye West, one of the most powerful humans—I’m not saying the most because you got a lot of alien level superpowers and it’s only collectively that we can set it free. Let’s get back to Wakanda… like in the movie in Wakanda when the king went to visit that lead scientist to have the shoes wrap around her shoes. Just the amount of innovation that can happen, the amount of innovation in medicine—like big pharma—we are going to work, innovate, together. This is not going to be some Nipsey Hussle being murdered, they’re doing a documentary, we have so many soldiers that die for our freedom, our freedom of information, that there is a cure for AIDS out there, there is going to be a mix of big pharma and holistic.”
I highly recommend you read the entire thing tho, because it is amazing! Taking bets, how long until he proclaims himself the messiah?

Last edited:

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
So West did an interview with Forbes, fleshing out his plans for his presidential bid, stances on certain topics, potential policies and whatnot, while at the same time announcing he's no longer in support of Trump.

My favorite bit is wanting to use Wakanda as a framework for the White House. Or whatever that part means. Might be I'm too stupid to understand that level of genius tho.

I highly recommend you read the entire thing tho, because it is amazing! Taking bets, how long until he proclaims himself the messiah?
Didn't he already call himself Jesus or something at some point?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Ugh, where the hell is Jay-Z, we need him to slap the stupid out of Kanye

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

He's really obsessed and pushing the god angle hard. It's like a parody of cynically motivated evangelist leaders. Literally every challenging question is met with "but god tho!"