Keiji Inafune is Already Considering a Mighty No. 9 Sequel

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
So... was i the only one that found " cry like an anime fan on prom night" line funny?

Oh wait i forgot this is the " no fun allowed " forums nevermind.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Game developer wants to continue making games, thinks about more than one at a time.

verifiaman

May 30, 2016
Anyone get the feeling he seems kind of tone deaf to the reception he's getting? Like no one told him what was going on in the west? I can't imagine japanese reception being good, from what I hear kickstarter isn't well liked over there. Then again I got that from 4chan, so...
'

List

Sep 29, 2013
They should wait for the game to be released and look if it is received well before any talk of a sequel even begins. It's like counting your chicks before they hatch sort of deal here. Then after the release of the first game, there should still be support for the game, minor bug fixing, etc. Unless they made a perfect game(lol). Not just jump to the sequel.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
verifiaman said:
Anyone get the feeling he seems kind of tone deaf to the reception he's getting? Like no one told him what was going on in the west? I can't imagine japanese reception being good, from what I hear kickstarter isn't well liked over there. Then again I got that from 4chan, so...
Its normal for japanese creators to isolate themselves from thier fans.

And frankly, i dont blame them. Japanese fanboys are fucking nuts.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
List said:
They should wait for the game to be released and look if it is received well before any talk of a sequel even begins. It's like counting your chicks before they hatch sort of deal here. Then after the release of the first game, there should still be support for the game, minor bug fixing, etc. Unless they made a perfect game(lol). Not just jump to the sequel.
Note that WANTS to do a sequel. He's not dropping everything to begin work on it right this second. He's allowed to WANT to do stuff, you know. He might find reality doesn't shape up to his desires, but that's life for everyone.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Kibeth41 said:
A sequel would actually make sense. Ignoring all of the mouth breathers who seem to think "delays = bad game", there's a lot of reasons as to why a sequel would be a much bigger success.
Come now, you can use better words to describe those that think differently than you than "mouth breathers". Also cut the crap, nobody says "delays = bad game", but they do say "multiple delays, multiple missed promised dates on everything from beta builds to demos, and a lack of communication until the previously set ship dates three times now, and routinely leaving the same date up on their steam page for pre-purchase without that news anywhere on the page = a high chance of it being a shit game".

People whined with CDPR last year with the Witcher3 delay, but that was more because they didn't get ot play it than anything inheretly in the "delays = bad game" camp as you're trying to paint here.

Jonando Rose

Jun 11, 2016
getting ahead of him self his first piece of trash hasnt come out and hes already making plans for another piece of trash

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. Mighty No. 1-8 were solid games.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Lufia Erim said:
So... was i the only one that found " cry like an anime fan on prom night" line funny?

I did. But because I thought it was dumb.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Well, he's right, Mighty No9 is "Not just a game." Its an extremely elaborate scam to bilk money out of starry-eyed fans by cashing on on nostalgia and Capcom's mismanagement of a beloved property.

Lufia Erim said:

Yep nothing says "good business model" than taking the "people who buy my product are all hopeless permavirgins" stance. Oh, wait, this isn't a sex robot he's selling? Then maybe its not the best business plan.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
The real problem with the multiple delays for Mighty Number 9 are that... no matter how good the game might be it will absolutely never live up to expectations for it's lengthy development cycle, and that is the problem with a lot of crowdfunded games.

At the end of the day.. this is basically just another Megaman, there is no way a side-scrolling action platformer is going to be deep enough or enjoyable enough to warrant the development cycle it's had. It's not like Shenmue 3 which will be a massive open-world RPG, or Star Citizen (which has it's own problems, don't get me wrong).

Think back to when the next big indie thing was Fez... it got delayed like 2 years, and yeah, it's a nifty, fun little game, but there is no way it lived up to it's development cycle, and half the crowd-funded games nowadays are exactly like that. They are neat little ideas, that will probably be fun games, but then they have multiple delays and developmental problems and a nifty little game that was supposed to be out in a year now turns into a 3 or 4 year wait for what amounts to a game with the gameplay depth of something from the SNES.