KFC's Console

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope that they're not expecting a whole bunch of black people to buy that! I ain't wasting money on that shit!

Reactions: Hawki

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
That kinda looks like an air fryer. Also this reminds me of the Wendy's DnD rulebook from a few years back.

Maybe they can make a crossover.

Also, it's an opportune timing for release in Japan cause they have a tradition of eating kfc on xmas because it's kinda like a turkey. I dunno how that ended up being the case, but either way, they do.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

...I have no words. :(
On one hand....it's different.

OTOH.....I don't think I want chicken bits in my gaming console and I don't want my gaming console to fry my chicken. Dedicated specialized hardware is a good thing in many cases.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
There's apparently a racist stereotype about black people loving fried chicken.
https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw...-chicken-stereotype-come-from?t=1608797520571
Iirc, there's also similar stereotypes for black people loving watermelon, and grape soda. All specific to the US afaik.
I knew that, but I meant why does he think that KFC is attempting to appeal to black audiences at all?
I'd say that Popeyes and Church's make more plays at black audiences than KFC does. They actually have black people in their commercials, instead of just Colonel Sanders, an old white man from a more racist era.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I knew that, but I meant why does he think that KFC is attempting to appeal to black audiences at all?
I'd say that Popeyes and Church's make more plays at black audiences than KFC does. They actually have black people in their commercials, instead of just Colonel Sanders, an old white man from a more racist era.
My assumption is Brawlman doesn't think that, but was merely making a flippant off-color joke. You'd have to ask him. On a side note, I am very disappointed you have a fast food chain called Popeyes that does not seem related to the cartoon character in any way.
I love fried chicken and watermelon is my fav fruit, not a fan of soda though. Does that make me mixed race in the eyes of those very confused people?
Probably, yes.

Reactions: BrawlMan