Kid Snorts Ritalin to Maintain Marathon Gaming Session

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
TheBoulder said:
I want to know how he justified snorting Ritalin.
As is rightly pointed out in the article itself, Ritalin is basically cocaine with a PG rating, and last time I checked cocaine is absorbed through one's nostrils.

OT: Wow. What a little genius. Kinda reminds me of my younger brother trying to get rid of his drug habit by turning into an alcoholic.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
TheBoulder said:
Honestly, my sympathies are with the kid and his families and all, but come on. Why didnt he just buy some cocaine or do speed? I dont get what advantage he saw in Ritalin over other "uppers". It just sounds weird, someone snorting Ritalin to stay awake.

Just goes to show that legal and illegal drugs are equally harmful, anyway.
Maybe because Ritalin doesn't carry the risk of a criminal conviction for possession of illicit substances?

Anyway, facepalms all around!

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
TheBoulder said:
I guess inhaling it gets it into your bloodstream better than your digestive track?

Good of his father to not take the low road and not blame games but,(not that I'm about to blame this as a possible reason...)why is the kid's mother not mentioned as well?

Tsuki Akechi

Feb 20, 2011
Wow that kid is stupid "insert important life lesson here" and we should remember kids, don't do drugs! But seriously why do that, I wonder if he knows that coffee exists...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
So we have things like Red Bull, Coffee, Pro Plus and other energy drinks that can be taken in decent quantities to give you a little pick me up without nearly killing you.

Instead of that he chose to crush up tablets and snort them.

I hope the kids alright but I hope his dad gives him a clout for being a numpty ..... and bans him from using a biro again. Give the kid a pencil and all will be well .... as long as he doesn't try eating the lead .... sod it, give him non-toxic crayons.

As for the people that died due to lack of sleep or not taking enough breaks. While the deaths were a waste I still fail to see how people can blame gaming for the odd bit of human stupidity (yes, yes before you call me heartless I just said the deaths were a waste and yes it is sad but it is also incredibly stupid they didn't think "you know what, I think I should take a break now, i'm seeing giant pink elephants outside my window").

Jan 27, 2011
....ummm....Isn't ritalin supposed to be swallowed? I mean, I have ADD, and when I was a kid I was told to wash down the pills with water...

So why the hell would someone try to sniff it?

Also, how come these kinds of people don't think of signing off for a bit to sleep, rather than going at it nonstop? I can understand not wanting to put down a game that you're really into, but if you play while tired, you won't enjoy it as much.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
If he's takeing Ritalin, then some other ADHD kid is not getting his meds. Not only is the kid an addict but some other kid is probably bouncing off the walls because of it.

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
In other news, man reads headline and dies from laughter

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
The funny thing is I've been prescribed Ritalin and in my time taking it I don't remember ever getting any sort of energy boost. Seriously this kid should've gone for coffee or a Red Bull or something.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
At least his father is smart. The kid clearly has a drug problem irrelevant of gaming.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Sevre said:
He's 15, he's going to make mistakes. Lets hope he's alright.
All the youth in the world wont fix any fatal mistakes one makes. Just ask those kids who thought they could handle their beer while driving.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
I hope the kids alright but I hope his dad gives him a clout for being a numpty ..... and bans him from using a biro again. Give the kid a pencil and all will be well .... as long as he doesn't try eating the lead .... sod it, give him non-toxic crayons.
Eh. Pencil 'lead' is graphite. That's not exactly toxic.
Conducts electricity quite well though...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
CrystalShadow said:
Rawne1980 said:
Eh. Pencil 'lead' is graphite. That's not exactly toxic.
Conducts electricity quite well though...
How dare you foil my case with logic ..... curse you.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
In a world where stimulants can be bought from almost literally any store on the planet, he went straight for snorting Ritalin.

Are we sure this is the FIRST drug that's gone up his nose?