Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
This actually surprises me a lot. I live in Naples, and almost everyone there lives either on the beach or in a retirement home. Very few people there play video games at all. And a kidnapping based on them? Odd.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, there are a lot of questions that this raises. I'd suppose that if they nabbed one of the alleged assailents the police are getting answers (or some) but it remains to be seen if the media will cover it.

To be honest with you I could see this going down, I've seen worse/dumber things to be honest. As for why get the PS-3 when they couldn't get a shotgun, well they might have figured "well since we went through allt his trouble we should get something".

It might have been related to the credit card since some stores will let family members use each other's cards even when they shouldn't... so they figured a few hundred dollars spent was a few hundred dollars spent.

Assuming it's all legit I mean. That's just a guess about why the Shotgun to PS-3 thing might have happened.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Um... Wait so they force him to buy a PS3 in place of a gun... at Walmart. If it's true then holy crap they're stupid.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Gosh, they forced him to buy a PS3. That's practically child abuse. Also just goes to show how expensive those things are if this is what people are resorting to to get their hands on one.

epunk35

Oct 5, 2009
I actually lived in Naples a while back, this doesn't shock me. I met a lot of idiots, but most of my friends there were 360 gamers with the exception of a couple, no doubt this happened at the East Naples Wal-Mart though...

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
A gun or a PS3?

I take the gun anyday! It weighs less I hear.

Hyuk hyuk hyuk....

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
WOW! You mean all I've had to do to get a PS3 was to kidnap someone and make them buy it for me? That's brilliant!
Yeah, no. But seriously, WTF?! Those guys are a little weak in the upper story.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I think it's believable. If an arrest has been made based on the victim's story and surveillance footage then something must have happened.

However... There is still that nagging element of doubt. Why would anyone expect a teenager (well, under 18) to be able to buy a gun? You have to be at least 18 for a long gun and 21 for a handgun, so the criminals would likely have been out of luck.

I would also like to know why he didn't put up more of a fuss once they had him in a Wal-Mart. I suppose if one of them had a handgun, they could have shot him anyway, but it would have been a opportunity to get away since it was a public place, and a large one at that.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Silk_Sk said:
It's not as hard to swallow as the guy who stole 100 copies of modern warfare from a gamestop without using a gun.
really?? can i see source please? i would like to know more

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Even though this is far fetched, there are some stupid people out there such as the 'sharp' theives who tried to disguise themselves by drawing on their faces a few weeks back.

T5seconds

Sep 12, 2009
I can see this being the new publicity at the PS3 HQ

"Sir we just got news that people were going to take a shotgun for criminal activity, but would rather have a ps3"

"Holy shit Johnson get me the marketer we have a new tagline"