Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Rich kids with guns kidnap another rich kid and force him to buy a game console. This, my friends, is why we need to bring back the stocks so people can throw tomatoes at stupid criminals on top of their jail sentences.

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
I don't believe it, if this story turns out to be true, I'll buy every member of the Escapist a can of their favorite soda.

FluffyNeurosis

Oct 22, 2009
Guys you have it all wrong! These criminals kidnapped the kid because they were afraid to ask anyone at Wal-Mart for help. Why else wouldn?t they ask an employee to call someone to help them in sporting goods like a normal person who needs guns/ammo? They needed this kid to ask someone to get them the ps3 as well. =p

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Absolute fucking genius.

Unless it's genuine, then goddamn stupid.

messy said:
Simalacrum said:
I...I... WHAT?!

How the hell are they meant to use a PS3 in any way for criminal activity???

Does this mean that the PS3 is such an awesome console that people will threaten others to get their hands on it?

Guess thats a good tag line actually... "PS3: people will (literally) do anything for it!"
jebussaves88 said:
This would make a great advertising campaign for Microsoft...

"...only at gunpoint!"

Take us back to the Nintendon't days... aaah
So what we're looking at is an elaborate conspiracy where both Microsoft and Sony work together to take down nintendo; genius!
Seriously, this should happen.

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
lizards said:
wolfy098 said:
lizards said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Amnestic said:
JimmyBassatti said:
OT: I don't get why everyone is calling them stupid, since I don't see any of you doing anything of importance.
Eh?

I don't follow. We're not doing anything of importance (a criminally short view considering you probably know little about everyone posting here) so we can't - rightfully - brand these criminals as stupid?
Your not doing anything news worthy, correct? Then you obviously aren't doing anything that is worthy of remembrance. At least they made it into the news, yes?
to be honest i would rather live a life of obscruity than in jail.....
I'd rather be obscure than famous...
so I don't see your point there...
do you know what obscure means? well apparently you dont so it is:Your not doing anything news worthy, you aren't doing anything that is worthy of remembrance

wait that seems kind of familiar.......ah yes it was jimmy's post

now that we learned that let me recap on what the post was about:
jimmy:basically said that these guys were at least doing something that will be remembered to another guy
me:i basically said that i would rather not be known at all than go to be well known and in jail which is where the 2 guys who did this are going
And I said that I would rather not be known at all than go to be well known. (in jail or not)

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Kidnapper 1: "I want a shotgun. Buy me a shotgun."

Kidnapper 2: "Yeah! Let's get a shotgun."

Yakovsky: "... The gun counter is closed, guys. x_o"

K1: "************! Well, fine. Just buy me a fuckin' PS3, bro!"

Y: "... What?"

K2: "Hey, shithead, you better go buy that fuckin' PS3 or we'll shoot you with this assault rifle."

Y: "How about I just run away when I get into the store and call the police?"

All: "..."

spewguts

Nov 16, 2009
more like

kid steels Dads credit card to buy ps3, dad busts kid with credit card, kid makes up story, dumb dad believes it, calls cops, ps3 is at his mates house in the cupboard.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Probably the same guys who tried to rob a house and disgusied themselves by drawing all over each other's faces with sharpie pens.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Blitzkrieg64 said:
Georgeman said:
Well, the PS3 contains the Deth-Ray technology! [http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deth-ray] It would indeed be a fearsome weapon.
Only if they have the Deth-Ray Disks as well. First they illegally copy the disk with their spleens then pop in the copy to fire the Deth-Ray.
Not necessarily if you have absorbed the Death-Ray techonology inside your body. This horrifying picture proves everything: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:DethRayKen2.jpg

Capo Taco

Nov 25, 2006
This just goes to show that Computer Gaming is the best pacifying influence on troubled youths.

They forgot about the Shotgun once they realised they could get a ps3.

Now they're probably trying to finish some games and until they want some DLC, they'll leave your kids alone.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
What?!?!
So this guy was kidnapped, went to the house and stole jewelery and then made him buy a gun which they couldn't get so they settled for a ps3???
Eithe this is one of the funniest kidnapping stories in the world or its fake and a marketing ploy. My head is boggled.

Hashandir

Jan 14, 2009
Made up or not, it certainly was funny to read. I only hope that if this is some sort of add(?) campaign from Sony, the other manufacturers would seize the moment as it were, and develope their own outrageous campaigns... it would certainly spark up the console wars :)

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
How did they expect him to buy the gun isn't there a 10 day waiting period when they do backgropund checks and whatnot?

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
so, when he was in the wal-mart, did he just buy the PS3 with a shotgun leveled at him? cos that would make the store clerk pretty inept too..

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
I hate to say it, and I mean I really hate to say it, but i've seen worse.

If pressured I will post linkies