Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
3nimac said:
Whoa, hold on, this is getting a little freaky... You can actually get a SHOTGUN at a Wal Mart ?!!

Jesus, thats just fucked up
That you can, but like many complex items you buy there(computers, bicycles, prebuilt furniture...), it would be best and safest you take it straight to a gunsmith to get it looked over and probably rebuilt. Truth be told though, even after all that it still might come out cheaper.
Afterthought: I guess you could call this old school piracy: 'Arr, they be out of guns in their supplies, so let's just get da booty* then!'....Arr
*Booty: Women, Rum, PS3's....

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Either the kid really wanted a PS3 so he's lying to hide his outrageous fraud from his parents or the 'kidnappers' really wanted a PS3. Either way this has gotta be good publicity for SONY.

"If you don't get one, you better be dead, or in jail, and if you're in jail, break out!"

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
It's those shadow government guys from the Ratchet and Clank commercials, they did this.
Weapons? PS3? 'Money is no object'? They used him as a surrogate for their research and development into available weaponry. They also appear to be quite stupid, as the commercial somewhat suggested.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
samaritan.squirrel said:
Handled correctly, this could become really good advertising for Sony.
Lord knows they'd probably try, judging by all the other cringe-worthy marketing tactics they've tried in this console generation.

This story is seriously fucking weird, though... They couldn't have a shotgun, so they made him buy a PS3 instead...?

"Sony Playstation 3: helping keep guns off the streets!"

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Well, the PS3 contains the Deth-Ray technology! [http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deth-ray] It would indeed be a fearsome weapon.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
O wow, does anyone remember this story from a few days ago [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.155446?page=1]? Suddenly, it's not that unlikely anymore for that to happen it seems. What has become of the world!

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Call me cynical, but here's how I think it really went down. "Hey, neato, a ps3. I'm gonna buy one. Oh crap, my dad's gonna figure out I used his credit card to buy something expensive and stupid. I'll keep it at a friend's house for now and tell him I got mugged." Dad believes it, newspaper prints it, internet picks it up. Meanwhile, the kid has a brand new ps3.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
nilcypher said:
I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure that this is genuine. On the one hand, there are some mind-boggling stupid criminals in the world, but on the other hand, the story seems a little hard to swallow.
After hearing the story of the guy who stole a live lobster from a restruant and then tried to hide it down his trousers (pants to you yanks), I'm willing to believe this is true (and lets just say that guy needed stitches in the you-know-what)

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
For a second, I thought you meant they made him buy it and keep it for himself

In which case I would have declared that the Ballsiest Excuse for Exstravagent Spending ever

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I've read much more hilarious stories about stupid criminals so, because of the lowered standards, this seems feasible.

kronoset

Jan 1, 2009
Didn't you guys hear all the commercials!? "The PS3, It does everything". Obviously it can be used as an assault weapon as well.

Blitzkrieg64

Apr 21, 2009
Georgeman said:
Well, the PS3 contains the Deth-Ray technology! [http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deth-ray] It would indeed be a fearsome weapon.
Only if they have the Deth-Ray Disks as well. First they illegally copy the disk with their spleens then pop in the copy to fire the Deth-Ray.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
Hahaha, this made my day

YOU WILL BUY IT, OR WE WILL KILL YOU!

NOW PLAY IT! AND LOOK LIKE YOUR ENJOYING IT!

YOUR NOT SMILING!!!!

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
wolfy098 said:
lizards said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Amnestic said:
JimmyBassatti said:
OT: I don't get why everyone is calling them stupid, since I don't see any of you doing anything of importance.
Eh?

I don't follow. We're not doing anything of importance (a criminally short view considering you probably know little about everyone posting here) so we can't - rightfully - brand these criminals as stupid?
Your not doing anything news worthy, correct? Then you obviously aren't doing anything that is worthy of remembrance. At least they made it into the news, yes?
to be honest i would rather live a life of obscruity than in jail.....
I'd rather be obscure than famous...
so I don't see your point there...
do you know what obscure means? well apparently you dont so it is:Your not doing anything news worthy, you aren't doing anything that is worthy of remembrance

wait that seems kind of familiar.......ah yes it was jimmy's post

now that we learned that let me recap on what the post was about:
jimmy:basically said that these guys were at least doing something that will be remembered to another guy
me:i basically said that i would rather not be known at all than go to be well known and in jail which is where the 2 guys who did this are going