Kill la Kill English Dub Cast Revealed, Coming July

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
deserteagleeye said:
Senketsu's voice is the only one I don't like. It should have been Steve Blum in my opinion.

Thanks to neonsword13 for drawing this.
Charging $15 for unauthorized use of my drawing I expect my check in the mail in two days thanx

OT: I like it. I think it's perfectly cast even though I was expecting a totally different selection of VAs. I think Aniplex did a great job with it. Mako's good and bubbly, Ryuko's got a nice tom-boy aura, Satsuki is just *Kiss fingers* C'est Magnifique. Elite 4's good, EXCEPT for maybe Gamagori, but that's mostly because I was super expecting Steve Blum to play him. ALSO why's everybody hating Senketsu's voice so much holy jeez. I'm kind of dumbfounded by how many people dislike it; I think it sounds just fine.

Also, just a minor complaint, but... What's with them not enunciating the U's when saying names and stuff? I mean, I know that's how they do it in the Japanese dialect, but in English, it cringes me. (Senkets =/= SenketsU) I would prefer it if they would say the whole names for characters and techniques thank you.

ANNNNNNYWAAAAAY I can't wait to get my pre-order in for volume 1 in tomorrow. Aniplex stuff is always top-notch quality product wise. And the bonuses for the limited edition are cool too. I just kinda hope the other side of that two-sided poster is a bit less... lewd, I guess. Something I could hang in my room and not have people think "what the fuck is that?"

Five volumes

$60 DOLLARS each

[HEADING=2]Five Volumes[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]$300 DOLLARS TOTAL PEOPLE[/HEADING]

Briantb

Feb 6, 2014
Cowabungaa said:
Craig Rigby said:
Under_your_bed said:
Scorpid said:
Do we really need this tasteless anime dubbed? Ugh...
How bad is it? I haven't watched it, but I hear horror stories. Mostly about it being excessively rape-y.
sounds like you need to get yourself some new sources, there is only one character that commits any kind of sexual offence and it's the Primary villain. There is lots of fan service however, Just in case you couldn't tell, although it's incredibly well worked into the plot and by the end you won't even notice it. the biggest thing they show has going for it is how insane and frenetic it is. pretty much every single episode is like the finale of every other show.

I was really impressed by any of the English voices, a little disappointing because I always enjoy it when I don't have to keep taking my eyes off the action to read what they are saying. senketsus voice was absolutely terrible for the part, if it were me I would have tried to get Michael Ironside since he has the perfect voice for the character.
Yeah I don't know. There's more to sexual violence than rape, the anime sure does like to degrade a lot of its female characters.

I'm really split on it. On the other hand, it feels very mysogistic. On the other hand, the action and animation is wonderfully well-crafted. Every battle feels like the end-battle of your average anime, that truly is great, it's very high-octane.

I don't know, I'm going back to it with this dub to formulate my opinion better. These days I always watch dubs as I never just watch a show, I multi-task so I end up listening to large parts of the dialogue. Can't really do that with subs as I know zero Japanese.
When I first heard about Kill la kill it was suppose to be more over the top then Gurren Lagann was. I honestly cant say it reached that level of epic. But it was pretty good. The whole idea of the "degrading of female characters" isn't true it is heavy on the fan service there's no denying that. But there's a lot worst series then this I would consider degrading. If you like Gurren you will end up liking this.

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
If this degrades female characters, just wait until it gets to Mikisugi. By the same logic, male characters are degraded just as much.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
FPLOON said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
even with a decent voice cast it won't change the bad story or animation .. or that's that funimation is overcharging at $30 for 4 episodes.. or if you have money to blow, $60 for the limited edition dvd/blu-ray set
I think you're confusing Funimation with Aniplex USA right now... Funimation usually charges $50-60 for just "one season" on Blu-Ray(/DVD combo pack)[footnote]Not counting their "Classics" line-up, which seem to "never" go over $30 (minus tax) for the complete series of something...[/footnote]while Aniplex USA charges close to $40-50 for just "a few episodes"... Although, they both tend to have limited editions to anime series for about $10-20 more, I guess... So, there's that...

I've don't usually see many funimation sets that cost $60... besides.. my prices were based off of what I saw on Rightstuf.com... that's where I usually buy anime since it's cheaper there.. like the blu-ray/dvd set of attack on titan(not that i actually like attack on titan or anything) that comes out next week for example is $30.. and the Blu-ray/DVD Deadman Wonderland set is only $26 when it comes out in july

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Briantb said:
When I first heard about Kill la kill it was suppose to be more over the top then Gurren Lagann was. I honestly cant say it reached that level of epic. But it was pretty good. The whole idea of the "degrading of female characters" isn't true it is heavy on the fan service there's no denying that. But there's a lot worst series then this I would consider degrading. If you like Gurren you will end up liking this.
Oh no, I've seen the first half or so; I know it's degrading, there's pretty much no doubt about that. If anything it's the fanservice that's degrading. Forcing someone's clothes off? Hell, forcing someone -in- extremely skimpy clothes is already degrading on its own, which basically happens with those weird battle clothes of theirs. It ain't exactly female-friendly, Kill la Kill.

But I'll re-watch it in July, take a closer look at it.
Auberon said:
If this degrades female characters, just wait until it gets to Mikisugi. By the same logic, male characters are degraded just as much.
They do get nude often, so yes it's good that there's equality in that regard, but they are more often in control.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Damn it. I just discovered this series at the begining of April on Crunchyroll by total accident. Every episode is so Hypetastic I could only watch a few episodes at a time. Now Im halfway through the series and now the Dub is coming out... Damnit! Im have to wait on the dub now. DOnt get me wrong I LOOOOVE the sub, but I like to watch Dubs to because sometimes you get more from a dub. Example: I watched Black Butler all the way through subbed, it had superb voice work. Then I watched the dub, it wasnt better just different, plus you could hear all the different accents.

I like most of the voices. Mako is perfect, as well as Ira, totally bombastic as always :) . Ira is probably my favorite character after Ryuko so the better do him justice. Satsuki, eh I'll see. She seems good but the the sub version is more dramatic. Well guess i'll see in July. Damn it

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
I'm pretty satisfied with the voices, except Ryuko's. It's just...not enough you know? Like everyone else knows how over the top this show is and so they purposely did over the top, but the person voicing Ryuko isn't on the same page. Like someone said before me she's lacking the attitude I expected

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
They want $30-$40 for four episodes?

Yeah, I could do that, or I can watch it for free and legally on Crunchyroll [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchyroll].[footnote]Link to wikipedia article included just in case any mods think I'm promoting a pirate site, which is a no-no.[/footnote]