Kill Your Darlings

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Calling it now: Erin dies at the end of the next series.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
I have never seen anyone kill off main characters with the casual indifference of George R. R. Martin. Although not my favorite author, I enjoy his visceral writing style. It's not surprising when one considers the fact that the Martin, a medieval historian, takes great inspiration from the English War of the Roses. Life was cheap in the middle ages--and still is--and lords and legends were killed off just as quickly as they emerged.

Also, having read 4 of his books, I didn't really think that he could "shock" me anymore, boy was I wrong--those who have read the book know what I am talking about.

Jon Snow bites the dust

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
OMG you killed that poor bowl of innocent popcorn he was my fav character-That it I'm never reading critical miss ever again >_<

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Waited a LONG time to avoid spoilers Grey

Thanks.
Ahh but the comic doesn't say what characters were killed off. So no spoilers.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Giest4life said:
I have never seen anyone kill off main characters with the casual indifference of George R. R. Martin. Although not my favorite author, I enjoy his visceral writing style. It's not surprising when one considers the fact that the Martin, a medieval historian, takes great inspiration from the English War of the Roses. Life was cheap in the middle ages--and still is--and lords and legends were killed off just as quickly as they emerged.

Also, having read 4 of his books, I didn't really think that he could "shock" me anymore, boy was I wrong--those who have read the book know what I am talking about.

Jon Snow bites the dust
No, he doesn't. At least not for more than 5 minutes.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Nothing immature about stopping watching a show or reading a book if you don't like the plot.
I stop reading books for lot of reasons, i don't like characters, plot twists seem stupid, jokes are horrible, why would death of the characters i was interested in be of the table?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
nyysjan said:
Nothing immature about stopping watching a show or reading a book if you don't like the plot.
I stop reading books for lot of reasons, i don't like characters, plot twists seem stupid, jokes are horrible, why would death of the characters i was interested in be of the table?
My rule of thumb for any book is that if it doesn't catch my interest within three chapters, I stop reading it. TV shows also tend to get three episodes unless the first one is really bad. I'll give a movie 30 minutes.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
The constant killing off of main characters in the book series made it really hard to get invested into. The books are good, but I really don't see why people put them at the top of best of lists, George R.R. Martin is barely in the top 10 authors.

Also, just wait till they get to the end of 'A Dance with Dragons'.

Arrogancy

Jun 9, 2009
Giest4life said:

Jon Snow bites the dust
I'd argue it's a bit vague, and, considering certain other things going on, I don't think we can say that's certainly the case until the next book.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Arrogancy said:
Giest4life said:

Jon Snow bites the dust
I'd argue it's a bit vague, and, considering certain other things going on, I don't think we can say that's certainly the case until the next book.
That's true, but it's set up to the point that it seems only magic can prevent it...

But there are after death options, undead and wolf possession. He can die and still be in the story ,like a certain female character.