Kindness of America Author Shot Himself for PR

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
This was bound to come out eventually. Either by him telling, stories not adding up or what ever evidence there is or isn't

Now he just has double the attention, first getting shot, now apparently doing it himself.

Is it an unethical thing to do? Yep. But free publicity is free publicity no matter how you look at it.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Is writing a book about the kindness of America.
Sends an innocent man to jail.

What was that about kindness?

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This isn't a news site, so the writers don't need to be objective.

Don't like it? Don't read the articles.
That's just a cop-out. If one is going to attempt to report on something, they should at least do so professionally. Else you end up with opinion pieces and and unreliable news. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a news section if you can't trust its accuracy or its bias. You may as well read any other forum post--you'll get the same degree of fact checking.
See the little thing at the bottom of each article?

The thing highlighted in blue?

If you would like more information on the issue, with less humour and opinion, click the source link.

You might want articles with no personality at all, but I love Grey's writing style.
Personality is good. Personality and bias in news is bad. When I turn to articles for "facts," I at least want a degree of professionalism and would like to be able to put a certain amount of faith in the accuracy of them. Of course I always do my own research before coming to any conclusions, but if all you offer is poorly researched and grossly unprofessional articles (such as Grey's continually referring to arrested individuals as guilty and labeling possible crimes as factual events) why bother? May as well rename the news room to something else entirely.

Dec 14, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Daystar Clarion said:

That's just a cop-out. If one is going to attempt to report on something, they should at least do so professionally. Else you end up with opinion pieces and and unreliable news. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a news section if you can't trust its accuracy or its bias. You may as well read any other forum post--you'll get the same degree of fact checking.

If you would like more information on the issue, with less humour and opinion, click the source link.

You might want articles with no personality at all, but I love Grey's writing style.
Personality is good. Personality and bias in news is bad. When I turn to articles for "facts," I at least want a degree of professionalism and would like to be able to put a certain amount of faith in the accuracy of them. Of course I always do my own research before coming to any conclusions, but if all you offer is poorly researched and grossly unprofessional articles (such as Grey's continually referring to arrested individuals as guilty and labeling possible crimes as factual events) why bother? May as well rename the news room to something else entirely.
Proof?

I don't think I've ever seen Grey outright say someone was guilty of something upon being arrested. The word allegedly, exists for a reason.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I really, really want to stick something into his wound and wiggle it about a bit. Dude deserves it for being such a douche. Delicious irony isn't worth sending an innocent bloke to jail.

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
He should be sent to jail for lying, possibly perjury, at minimum he should get a fine for falsely accusing someone and lying to the police.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Proof?

I don't think I've ever seen Grey outright say someone was guilty of something upon being arrested. The word allegedly, exists for a reason.
The first example that springs to mind:

"Guy Ties Up 4-Year-Old So He Can Play Videogames"

"One man's dumb decision to tie up a four-year-old girl so he could play games was bound to end in tears."

"It gets better. The girl's mother returned home from the gym accompanied by a friend called Tiffany, and not only did she not freak out when she found her daughter tied up, but she didn't even bother to free her."

All said by Grey in the article, while adding at the end "Howe has been charged with child abuse and is currently being held in jail."

So, you've got Grey using an inflammatory heading that blatantly assumes guilt, Grey stating for a fact that the man did indeed commit the act and then makes a joke about it, and then he once again uses language that directly implies factual knowledge, not once using the word allegedly, all to describe a possible crime and a still innocent man.

A.Balthazor

Mar 5, 2008
"You know, buddy, your book is pretty boring right now."

"Oh yeah, what would you recommend?"

"Oh, I don't know, but it definitely needs a shot to the arm."

"!"

=y

May 11, 2012
And lo, the rage of the internet was unleashed. We don't like liars, even stupid liars who shoot themselves. I think he owes the State of Montana an apology.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Pretty sure there is some kind of charge he can be laid with. Falsely accusing someone for shameless self promotion is wrong.

I hope they throw the book at him too.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Hey, anyone else think when the book comes out the guy;s going to get AmazonBombed? One stars all the way with descriptions about how the author rolled up in a truck and shot the reviewer in the arm?

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
This is disgusting. I gave a short laugh when I thought it was irony and was able to say "What did he expect?"

But this guy isn't naive. He's a douche bag. A complete and utter douche bag.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Love the closing statement Grey hahahahahaha, gota say when I heard it I just sort of sighed haha.

The fact that the story was believed when it came out speaks volumes :/

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's...

Ok, how do you shoot yourself in the arm and make it look like you were shot from a passing vehicle? Wouldn't you get powerburns and cover yourself in gun shot residue and all?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok that is just the lowest of lows well it's one of them!

I'm just glad that arrested man was freed to go and seriously that selfish stunt pretty much guaranteed a published sucide. Who would want to buy that book now from a selfish man who got someone arrested just to make him look better?