Kinect is Actually Fun

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Kinect is Actually Fun

After playing a bunch of titles using Microsoft's Kinect, I can say that the gimmick works.

Read Full Article

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Nope.

I'm so tired of Kinect and the shit isn't even out yet. It's even more annoying then Wii.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
For that title you certainly didn't make it sound like any fun, imaginary wheels, lunging forward somehow translating into bowling ball spin and looking at yourself doing things people usually are drunk for.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Zing said:
Nope.

I'm so tired of Kinect and the shit isn't even out yet. It's even more annoying then Wii.
Then give your prereleased version to someone who will give it a shot.

Oh wait... you don't have one don't you? Oh well, I wanted one.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
How much did Microsoft pay you?

k, I jest.
I still think motion controls can suck the fat one though.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Bah. I say 'poo poo' and 'good day' to Kinect before I release the hounds. If anything I am very disapointed MS made Joy Ride a full retail game for Kinect now. They potentialy had an online equivilent to Mario Kart and Mod Nation Racers which was free(or atleast cheap), and then they pretty much expect £120 from us for it now. In all fairness, surely there is a Wii in nearly every home now. I haven't even heard anyone at the local shops even speak in favour of Kinect. (or Move eiher i think.)

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
The problem is two fold: one is the price, since people who already have an Xbox probably won't be prepared to shell out another £130 on a Microsoft product which, knowing their track record this generation, will probably be plagued with problems until the second or third revision. Secondly, while the games listed are all well and good, none of them are much different than what's already out on the Wii, Children of Eden excepted (and even then, the concept sounds like Beat Hazard on acid). Sure, these versions might be better, but if you've just bought Just Dance on your Wii, you'll probably not rush out and buy the 360 equivilant.

One more point. The rest of the proposed launch list look pretty rubbish, I have to admit.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Kinect sounds like a lot of fun if you're 8, I refuse to pay $150 to talk to my xbox, stomp around like Godzilla and fight imaginary men, I'm struggling to think of something more embarrassing then what Kinect is asking you to do.

Feb 19, 2010
no thanks. too gimmicky. microsoft and sony have to face the fatc that people play games to unwind etc etc. just look up that yahtzee vidoe with his kinect opinion. as long as motion sensing has no feedback, i m not in.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
Kintect hypnotizes people! Microsoft has finally thought of a way to rule the earth!

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I'm not surprised it's fun. Wii Tennis is fun, Mario Kart is fun, a lot of the games on the Wii are fun and Kinect is pretty much an extension of that so what do you expect? The thing is though, $150 is too expensive for something that can play games that might be fun but aren't as deep or challenging as many of the other titles I could play without buying an add on. If some good RPGs or FPS or even an RTS (you know it could work) become Kinect only I'll be interested in getting it but when the library is mostly just the same stuff that sells well on the Wii I'll stick with the Wii.

Chameliondude

Jul 21, 2009
I still think its laughable that $150 will only get two players on it at any time, i do have more than one friend microsoft

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
As someone who had the Eyetoy on PS2, it could be great fun, especially among a group of friends.

However, it was a novelty item, and not a replacement for a real controller, and I think that is where the problem hits. I'm not denying it will be fun to play with, but I can get myself a new 360 for the price of the Kinect.

If it had been like the first Guitar Hero, maybe $20 more than a regular game, and coming with a range of games, then, they'd probably have a hit on their hands. At present it's just too expensive for what it is.

I can't help but think they should have kept working on it, and have it ready for the next gen, when they could have made it cheaper, or even built it into the next console.