Kinect is Actually Fun

May 25, 2010
I hate Kinect because Mircosoft forced Rare, they forced RARE to make Kinect Sports. I repeat they forced RARE to make Kinect Sports. HATRED! Rare of all people, how about making, oh I don't know, a new Killer Instinct, instead of a fucking sports game?!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
It might be fun, but its still not for those who are hardcore...so, ill accept it as fun, but nothing else

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
These games take advantage of the gimmick at hand here and probably few others will as well, after that the Kinnect might just fall under the same "Third party developers didn`t get the point" rant that Nintendo uses.

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
The price tag of $150 is what Guitar Hero cost here in Norway. Though that means Kinect will probably cost $200-250 here.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
It is meant for parties/kids/casual gamers/get togethers/ and people who love gimmicks, such as 3D TV. Why should I shell out $150 for something that some schmuck will buy because he/she falls for gimmicks and I'll just join them at their place. Then later realize that I was right all along and won't like it. Yeah it might be fun for a bit, but that is only because it is something 'new'. After they invite people over for awhile and then about a month later ask "Hey anyone want to get up and act 'crazy'?" Everyone just says nah and Kinects becomes a dust collector. At least then I will have saved myself the money and shame of having bought it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You had me at "Bill Biv Devoe".

So many good times driving around listening to that in San Andreas.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Honestly, I'm kind of pleasantly surprised at where MS seems to be going with Kinect. They seem to just maybe be realizing that it's not something that will interest the hardcore, at least until they come up with some sort of solid idea for it, so they're focusing on what it actually can do.

Sony with it's Move, on the other hand, seem stuck on the idea that their motion control will somehow benefit the hardcore.. and are shoving Move support into whatever they can get their hands on. This despite the fact that Nintendo has already proven motion controls don't really play nice with hardcore games.

Oh well, neither approach is going to get me to buy into either of the gimmicks anyway.

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
I'm not into motion controls, every time I see a video I think "That's just not my thing."
In most of the E3 videos, it looks like they're not actually playing the game, they're just dancing around like a pillock to a video being displayed. It's just too gimmicky for my liking.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
Honestly, I'm kind of pleasantly surprised at where MS seems to be going with Kinect. They seem to just maybe be realizing that it's not something that will interest the hardcore, at least until they come up with some sort of solid idea for it, so they're focusing on what it actually can do.

Sony with it's Move, on the other hand, seem stuck on the idea that their motion control will somehow benefit the hardcore.. and are shoving Move support into whatever they can get their hands on. This despite the fact that Nintendo has already proven motion controls don't really play nice with hardcore games.
Pretty much this. I love "hardcore" gaming (I love the smell of n00b in the morning), but I also love busting out The Sims 3 and just fucking around for a while. And I think Kinect is perfect for that market. A lot of people have written it off far too early. AND YOU'RE ALL CYNICAL FUCKS. (lol, I jest... Not really. You're all cynical)

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Furburt said:
Like I've said quite a few times before. Kinect is fun. Of course it's fun, how could it not be fun? But what it isn't is deep. You can't make deep, complex games using Kinect. It just won't work with today's technology.
That's okay though, because, you know, fun? Fun's pretty cool. I don't remember the last time I played a deep, complex game. At least, deep in the artistic sense. I've played plenty of 4X games that are deep in the sense of "there's a lot of stuff in here that you don't really need to know, because one tactic trumps all."

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Looks like some Awesome Tech - Not my kinda Gaming so i will pass on it, but for some people its going to be monumental. Hope they enjoy

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
I have no doubt that the Kinect can be fun. The problem is, it doesnt sound like they have or are planning to release anything worth paying full price for. As for the device itself...it still sounds overpriced to me, although that's kind of less so after that comparison pricing thing got me comparing it to other things. Still, doesn't really matter...I won't be buying it, but my parents will. I'll be helpfully reminding them to wait until a price drop though.

Again, the problem is mostly the games. Maybe in a year or so something great will come out for it, but all I see that interests me now is Child of Eden (why have they not been showing it off more?). I would love to get the chance to design a Kinect game though...so many potential deviations from normal game forumas without copy-pasting party game ideas.
redmarine said:
When will we be able to control zombie arms to rip people apart?
Like this, for example.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
fun for causal gaming? Yes, fun for hardcore gaming? NO!

as per usual this type of technology is for the casual gaming audience and not for those who play hours on end requiring the most accurate/effective means to play