Kinect is Actually Fun

cool8man

Aug 12, 2010
And quickly points 2 and 3...

2.) I have spent just as much time playing casual arcade games like Geometry Wars, Pac-Man CE, and Peggle on my Xbox 360 as I have Halo multiplayer. The idea that a game has to have a deep complex story or control scheme to be worthy of your time and attention is garbage. I would not describe Geometry Wars, Peggle, or Pac-Man CE as "deep" games but they are extremely addictive. If I was stranded on a desert island and could only play one game for the rest of my life it would be any of those arcade games before something like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid. So if something like Kinect Sports scratches that addictive arcadey itch, I just may end up spending more time playing that than any game released this year (save Plants vs. Zombies).

3.) Nobody knows what the fallout is going to be of the casual game revolution Nintendo started with the DS and Wii. The DS and the Wii have brought both a ton of unpopular shovelware and some great innovative games that I never would have thought could be so popular. So long as the cream of the crop continues to rise to the top I think the industry will only become more profitable over time. I haven't felt that hardcore games are disappearing because of the Wii. Personally I appreciate the fact that the game industry is getting more variety. The PS3 and 360 have a bad case of sequelitis and desperately need more variety.

Real "hardcore" gamers play every type of game and enjoy the variety.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Der Kommissar said:
dathwampeer said:
I just wanna be able to navigate through the dashboard like Tony Stark.
Suddenly, I feel immense desire towards a PC release of Kinect.
Get ready for it. This IS going to happen and is probably no more than a year away. Ballmer has already stated that Xbox is only the beginning for the Kinect technology. They are going into it with both feet, similar to the 360, and have faith that this kind of "natural user interface" is the future for PCs.