Kinect Star Wars Is Number One With a Bullet

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Soooo... Now the levels of stupid have officially reached critical mass. Can we just stop taking Star Wars seriously? Please, we should have done it a long time ago.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Scow2 said:
It looks like the type of game I'd buy a kinect for.

Star Wars is a Joke. This game merely takes that and runs with it. Pull the sticks out of your asses, people. It's a silly game for a silly franchise.
I agree. I don't see why fans have kicked up such a fuss with this game. Star Wars has always been a campy 'it's so bad it's good' kinda thing. I don't mean to sound horrid but it's true - the franchise is just a piece of pick up and throw away entertainment.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I certainly hope this isn't an omen to the upcoming casual games taking over the Kinect.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
TheKasp said:
Waaghpowa said:
GOD DAMN IT! I LIKE DEADMAU5! Why did you have to ruin it for me by linking that >.>
Because *dramatic pause* this video is friggin awesome!

Since I saw episode 1 the first time after watching the originals (I watched episode 1 first, then the originals, then 1 again) Star Wars as a serious franchise was DEAD to me. This is actually a good way to end it. Duke it off on the dancefloor!
Well at least I'll still have Star Trek.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
There is a part of me that does not truly believe that this exists. I mean the idea is so stupid, how can it work. But then there it is top of the charts, well I'll just put this one down to not being in the target demographic and I hope those that bought the game are enjoying it.

Though I can see why those that really love Star Wars would have a hard time accepting this, if this was Commander Shepard with moves like "the reaper" or "the mass effect field", I would most likely be raging.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I don't get why fans are complaining about this, I mean, what's not funny about Vader bustin a move? I don't particularly like star wars, but I'd happily watch the cast of firefly do a little comical non-canon dance. Just go back to complaining about the prequels, they were worth marding about.

And afterall, it's only Star Wars, which has always been a little light hearted and cheesy. It's not like they did it to Schindler's list or something.

Ahem

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Well it does have the words "Star Wars" slapped on it, coupled with the hype of the re-release of Ep1 its only natural that kids people will want their parents to buy it

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
You know what? Fuck it. If I owned kinect I would buy that...of course I would have to play when everyone else is gone and with the curtains tightly shut but regardless it looks fun. Yes it?s incredibly stupid, it?s meant to be stupid and I don?t know why people are getting offended about it.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Oh come on people lighten up. I am a huge Star Wars fan and this done right hilarious and awesome. If I had a Kinect I would buy this in a heart beat. Seriously people take that lightsaber out of your butt-checks and just learn to enjoy some things.

Also it's really hard to take you guys seriously when you say "the series is dead!!!" every time something new comes out.

I still don't see the big deal with this *shrugs* guess I'll never understand.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
This is why I hang onto my being half-French so much

edit: oh dear that video was worse than I expected

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
*sigh* Behold the first of - I suspect - many examples of games that exist solely to cash in on The Old Republic's success and stagnate the franchise further and further!

Lately, I've come to see Star Wars as the failing Greek economy and TOR as the German bailout which, despite being developed by drooling fan boys [http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/your-saga-begins] wanting nothing more than to wank off the films rather than evolving the IP, actually managed to just about salvage it from the stygian depths but unless developers take the opportunity to look at it critically and ask themselves how it can be improved - as opposed to how best to "capture the spirit of the films" (that makes me want to puke!) - then it will only end up sinking back down and TOR's success will have been for nought!

Better still, we should just draw the line once and for all at the rare high note that is TOR, finally giving Star Wars a dignified end but of course it's now too late for that isn't it? Let the stagnation continue!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Klonoa Prower said:
Say what you want about this game, it looks hilarious to play.
I agree, If I had a kinect I would buy it just for the dance mode. Me and my friends would play the hell out of it.

Also, where is your avatar from. Longtime sonic fan and that seriously made me "awww" for a minute or two.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Just shows that UK gamers have no taste. The Star Wars atrocity, two soccer games, and a golf game in the top 5?

Of course, Star Wars dorks having no self control doesn't help matters. Oh it has Star Wars scribbled on it in Crayon somewhere? Better buy it and the stupid peripheral that's required to play it.

ClanCrusher

Constructive Critic
Mar 11, 2010
I guess people just really like dancing Vader. I'm pretty sure I don't need to post his cover of 'Can't Touch This' again.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Oh it gets worse
Sorry for the quality, its the best I can find.

I laughed and I'd probable enjoy playing it but I'm not going to buy the game