Kingdom Hearts Originally Had Chainsaws

Jinoru

Jun 30, 2009
It coulda been like the Locust in Gears 2 with the Staff Chainsaw thing. Freaking awesome.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Not even chainsaws could make Kingdom Hearts worth playing. I'm a fan of JRPGs, and I'm willing to sacrifise some bloodshed and get wussiness in return, but even I can't find KH playable. Little kids + Disney characters + ripping off FF = failsauce.

*Sniff* Why did Auron have to be in KH2?

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Haydyn said:
Not even chainsaws could make Kingdom Hearts worth playing. I'm a fan of JRPGs, and I'm willing to sacrifise some bloodshed and get wussiness in return, but even I can't find KH playable. Little kids + Disney characters + ripping off FF = failsauce.

Because it was a sure fire way to get the FFX fan boys to play it?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Haydyn said:

you know

I thought the exact same way as you until i actually played through Kingdom Hearts 1.

I actually preferred it to KH2, but KH1 was absolutely awesome, and I was even more "Lulz, wtf r dey thinkin?"

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Altorin said:
Haydyn said:

you know

I thought the exact same way as you until i actually played through Kingdom Hearts 1.

I actually preferred it to KH2, but KH1 was absolutely awesome, and I was even more "Lulz, wtf r dey thinkin?"
I just don't think I can play a game full of Disney characters. Yes, I am biased. Yes, it's my own weakness for not being able to play it, but so many little things add up to me not liking KH.

Reasons for not wanting to play KH:
Dislike for Disney characters
Hatred for spammed commercials years ago while watching Adult Swim
Hatred for whenever I search one of my favorite games, Kingdom of Paradise, all I get is Kingdom Hearts
That girl from Animation class would be right, and I would be wrong, that's not going to happen

So yes, not even chainsaws could change my biased opinion of KH.

Bobby_C

Feb 21, 2008
Can't find a scan online right now but there's actually a pic of early-Sora-with-chainsaw in the old Kingdom Hearts Ultimania guide, for those interested, it's not really anything new.

Wasn't a very mean-looking chainsaw though.

5stringedbandit

Jun 6, 2009
Why would Disney turn down chainsaws? With Mickey Mouse? Thats a winning combo. Disney truely are as evil as people say....

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Why did they remove that? Seeing Micky Mouse with a chainsaw would be made of such pure awesome that it could've actually made the game worth buying.

But I can see why they would change it. Kingdom Hearts is aimed at a very young audiance, and if it had chainsaws, if they didn't get hate from the age rating companies they would've gotten plenty from concerned parents, and that would be bad for Disney's reputation.

nick4118

Jun 4, 2009
Onmi said:
so lets see...

Prevented the use of a bahamut summon in KH1
Demanded that instead of forming a party like FF that each disney character remained in there own world
Stopped Sora from wielding a chainsword (I can only guess)

Well fuck you disney
Bahamut was going to be in KH1? THat would have been awesome! And I would have loved to be able to take some of the characters to other worlds.
Back on topic though, the chainsaw would be cool but it be a very different feeling game. I think I like the ridiculous key shaped club he uses now.

nick4118

Jun 4, 2009
Zombie_Fish said:
But I can see why they would change it. Kingdom Hearts is aimed at a very young audiance, and if it had chainsaws, if they didn't get hate from the age rating companies they would've gotten plenty from concerned parents, and that would be bad for Disney's reputation.
It's no longer aimed at a very young audience. If you've played KH2 it got a LOT more serious and it seems 358/2 is gonna be the same way.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
I doubt Disney would allow a chainsaw into one of their products/something related too them.

But heck, Sora wielding a chainsaw looks badass in my mind!

Darkrain11

May 14, 2009
Ansem: "Darkness is the heart's true esseAAAAAAAAARGRGRGRGRHHHH"
Sora: (cleaning of chainsaw blades) "Well, we're done here."

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
Pankeyman said:
I wanna slice up Zac Effron! Really, though, who doesn't?
please god let that be it the next high school musical just have jason in the corner playing the piano and when the song "having fun in the crystal lake sun" starts to play just let him lose...and put Effron in a counselors shirt... while having sex as a young boy drowns...

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
Ok, I can understand why they would take it out. But I have to say, as awesome as a chainsaw weilding Sora would be, I kind of like the Keyblade. It's original and comes in many different varieties. Although a chainsaw Keyblade would have made up for the flower power keyblade Riku gave Kairi in KH2 >.<