Korean Engineers Create Sword-Wielding, Tai Chi Robot

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Guns! Give these robots guns and shoot at targets! That's what I want to see.

Even better if you arm it with a tazer gun and have it shoot someone as they try to run away.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Sevre90210 said:
Wait till they learn Krav Maga. Then we're screwed. Foam swords aren't dangerous!
They can be in the right hands. I've had worse injuries from foam weapons than I've had from real ones (the guy who trained me to do LARP had serious anger-management issues, the guy who taught me proper sword fighting didn't).

Impressed with hhow much movement they've got the hands to do.

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
Am I the only one not paying much attention to the robot because the nostalgia factor is kicking in when hearing The Unexpected Enemy from Panzer Dragoon Zwei?

Really?

Tempest Fox

Oct 18, 2008
I guess I'm just waiting to see the end of human-to-human interactions and maybe a bit further down the line a "deeper interaction" made between one human and one robot. Perhaps the whole robot spiel will pass in time. Or maybe the fascination with robotics will continue to grow until there really is no more interactions between people.

...and, of course, worst case scenario is Skynet in real life.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I do love me some " Advanced Sciene".

Seriously though, that's not bad, robots are definitely getting better. I'm just interested to see what the government is going to do if they ever perfect something like this and put it on mass production.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
Bugger. First it's robot butlers and now I'm expecting Arnie to show up and shoot me in the face. The war is coming...

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Great... one step closer to a cylon war and no Adama or Roslin to save us all.

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
So when are these going to get mass produced with artificial intelligence so we can enslave all of them to be our servants?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
We're all fucked.
So true.
And seeing how this thing is being taught how to handle a sword, it seems like now they're not even going to fucking try to make it look like their robotics development programs aren't a means to achieve world domination (followed by the inevitable Skynet scenario, of course).