Korean Ex-Defense Minister Says Crisis "Isn't StarCraft"

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
"This isn't a Starcraft, it's somebody's life."
Cookie to all who get it and obviously read the news feed often.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
albino boo said:
So how did those 200 shells arrive in the south last week, by hand? The nuclear tests that happened in 2006 and 2009 is just myth. The South Korean ship some how blew itself up in March and had nothing to do with a torpedo fired by the north. North Korea hasn't sold the 2000 km range Nodong-2 missile to Iran, Syria, Libya and Pakistan. It didn't test the 5000km range Taepodong-2 in 2009. Nice to know that the missile shipment to Yemen wasn't stopped by the US navy.
Those "Nuclear" test, I was less than 500 miles away when that happened and you want to know what the bomb did? Nothing! the bomb didnt even fizzle. It did nothing but spue some radiation out. Yes, North Korea has a bunch of stuff but not that much to actual be a threat to anyone. Those missile tests, you know where the missiles went to right? they blew up on the launch pad, were shot down, or crashed no far off the North Korea coastline. Yes they have artillery and yes they have functional weapons but most of their weapon's stores are just sitting in the mountains rusting to death.

Im guessing you've never seen North Korea. Let me put it this way; their country looks like fucking MARS. they have a whole city next to the border that has no one living in it because their government wont let them. they have one of the worst literacy rates on Earth. The Only problem with North Korea is they "potentially" have China in their corner. So if your nervous of North Korea because of China I can respect that. I will even respect the idea of being nervous because Kim Jong-Il is crazy.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
To be fair I can see what he means, for all peoples 'Why havent they fired back', I for one am quite thankful South Korea can show such restraint in the face of the belligerent tools in power in north korea.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
MortisLegio said:
albino boo said:
So how did those 200 shells arrive in the south last week, by hand? The nuclear tests that happened in 2006 and 2009 is just myth. The South Korean ship some how blew itself up in March and had nothing to do with a torpedo fired by the north. North Korea hasn't sold the 2000 km range Nodong-2 missile to Iran, Syria, Libya and Pakistan. It didn't test the 5000km range Taepodong-2 in 2009. Nice to know that the missile shipment to Yemen wasn't stopped by the US navy.
Those "Nuclear" test, I was less than 500 miles away when that happened and you want to know what the bomb did? Nothing! the bomb didnt even fizzle. It did nothing but spue some radiation out. Yes, North Korea has a bunch of stuff but not that much to actual be a threat to anyone. Those missile tests, you know where the missiles went to right? they blew up on the launch pad, were shot down, or crashed no far off the North Korea coastline. Yes they have artillery and yes they have functional weapons but most of their weapon's stores are just sitting in the mountains rusting to death.

Im guessing you've never seen North Korea. Let me put it this way; their country looks like fucking MARS. they have a whole city next to the border that has no one living in it because their government wont let them. they have one of the worst literacy rates on Earth. The Only problem with North Korea is they "potentially" have China in their corner. So if your nervous of North Korea because of China I can respect that. I will even respect the idea of being nervous because Kim Jong-Il is crazy.
Big fissile, the US geological survey reported at 4.2 on the Richter scale in 2006 and 4.7 in 2009. The reason why the economy is screwed is because they spend all the money weapons and most of the adult male population is in the armed forces. By the way the weapons they use are designed by Russians, in other words they are supposed to be used by illiterate peasants.

Jun 7, 2010
Why the hell are people making starcraft jokes here? (not in korea, i mean in this thread)

This is not the kind of thing you make jokes about, 4 PEOPLE DIED!!!

This is N. Korea we're talking about, That crazy fucker kim jong-il Will probably be the cause of at least some sort of war in the future.

It's a serious topic here, It's not a sandwich, It's peoples lives.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Good analogy, that just proves cultural relativity. We Europeans make football-comparisons, in South Korea they do the same with Starcraft.
Gxas said:
Thank god that this man is correct in his statement.

Could you imagine war being like this?

The extremely...well, Asian sounding OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH's made me crack up so bad.

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
cobrausn said:
danpascooch said:
Rushview said:
Press: What is the government doing about the lack of jobs and the current economic failure?

Obama: This isn't Sim City.
Oooooo

Seriously though, it's amazing that George Bush drives into this hole and people are complaining more about how Obama is getting us out of it too slowly.

How about the fact that it's getting better? That's lost on most people.
Getting out slowly? How about digging deeper? That's lost on some people.
when bush left, there was no where left to dig. it was below rock bottom.

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
restoshammyman said:
cobrausn said:
danpascooch said:
Rushview said:
Press: What is the government doing about the lack of jobs and the current economic failure?

Oooooo

Seriously though, it's amazing that George Bush drives into this hole and people are complaining more about how Obama is getting us out of it too slowly.

How about the fact that it's getting better? That's lost on most people.
Getting out slowly? How about digging deeper? That's lost on some people.
when bush left, there was no where left to dig. it was below rock bottom.
There's no such thing as rock bottom. And to call us at 'rock bottom' is an insult to anyone whose ever been really close to that. In a bad position? Yeah. Rock bottom? Try again.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Ah...that minister guy was really cools,he basically saying "This isn't a game" in a manner in which we all.....can related on? was it? what was that word? analogy,i think.

RDubayoo

Sep 11, 2008
I wonder what he does in his spare time.

Seriously, though, this is too much. NK needs to be reigned in, destroyed if necessary. Yes, you heard me. Because this isn't going to stop unless someone makes it stop. Sadly, with the United States being led by the biggest pansy in its history, South Korea will probably have to deal with this problem on its own.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
AugustFall said:
Pretty good analogy too. It's true that rushing into decisions in this situation would be foolhardy, these are people's lives not bots.

Edit:
Shale_Dirk said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

South Korean national Starcraft champs should be brought in for military tactical advising.
.. Did you read the article? The minister is saying that although it seems like common wisdom to anyone who has played an RTS to counter attack hard; in real life this is not the case. There is diplomacy and the fact that your army is made up of real people to consider.
Starcraft players are impressive but it is a very different skill set to actual military tactics.
Yea especcialy if they bring in the Baneling spammers.

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
Rushview said:

epic

OT: I sorta gave a smile at the qoute but he is right, this is the real qorld not SC.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
I laughed at first but then I realized-

Korea doesn't want to accidentally transition into losing their whole fucking base.

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
John Funk said:
Korean Ex-Defense Minister Says Crisis "Isn't StarCraft"13 minutes later, South Korea reportedly fired multiple test shots in response, though claimed that none of them actually fell in North Korean territory.
It's interesting that they're still going with that. Satellite images clearly show that the South Koreans conducted counterbattery fire on the BM-21s that shelled them from Kaemori. You can clearly see the craters where the shells hit North Korean territory-- though the barrage was ineffective and did negligible damage since BM-21s are mobile artillery and will generally change position after firing a salvo (especially when they have 13 minutes to do so).

Gone

Apr 15, 2009
Brotherofwill said:
Doctor: I'm sorry Mrs. Thompson, your husband died during the operation.
This isn't Trauma Center.

Reporter: Mr. Mourinho, why did you lose 0-5 to Barcelona today??
M: This isn't Fifa 11.

R: Mr. Dylan? Why do you thik you've been booed off the stage now that your group uses electronic instuments?
D: This isn't Rock Band.

Man I could do this all day...
Don't quit your day job.

Besides that, this has to the most interesting piece of news I've seen since I last saw the news.