L.A. Noire No Longer a PS3 Exclusive

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Thanks a ton for the update on this game. I really mean it, I would probably have never figured out about it toll a bit before release. This game seems right up my valley.

Can't wait.

Nov 28, 2007
Khitten said:
I have honestly never heard of this before. Not even the simplest mention of it. And seeing as how its another pos that does not deem the PC worthy then it can go fuck itself with a deep heat covered retractable stun baton.
Wait, games have to come out on the PC to be any good?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
As long as the porting goes smoothly it won't matter what console you buy it for. But that all depends on what console it was originally designed on. Pray we don't have a repeat of what happened with Bayonetta.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Yay, now I can get a game I never heard about!

It looks interesting enough to check out at least.

Kevvers

Sep 14, 2008
As a long time Marlowe fan, thanks for bringing this game to my attention, i'd totally missed it. Frankly, I think the setting is underused in games: the last noir game I remember playing was discworld noir.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
the protaginist said:
Oh, you bas-

One of the games I bought my PS3 for is going multi-system!?

Typical.

Anyway, yeah, looking forward to this game, have been for awhile.

[small]Speaking of games no-ones heard of, was there a PS3-exclusive involving Superpowers? I keep thinking of Infamous, but I know that's not it... Anyone knows, PM me?[/small]
You bought a system for a game that hasn't come out 4 years after it was announced and just NOW you're upset? I think L.A. Noire being multiplatform is really the last reason someone would regret their PS3 purchase.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Isn't this game from the same developers as The Getaway? I absolutely loved that game, but only in parts. Love/hate sort of thing. It didn't feel finished, the big ambition of recreating London was there but some of the Gameplay was wonky. Athmosphere was awesome and maturity was almost shocking (first time I saw a pair of lovingly rendered breasts in a videogame, incidently first time I shot one), with good dialogue and impressive 'gangster' ambient.

Anyway, I could sort of see the same problems arise with this game as with Getaway (which I think was the most expensive title ever produced at this time). Maybe the developer has learned, maybe not.

Good to see we get some fresh games with a little more subtlety and investigation. Loved games like Gabriel Knight way back, so this has some potential to say the least but as of now I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

As for not being PS3 exclusive: I suspect they developed on PS3 as the lead console so there shouldn't be any hard feeling for a port. It probably would have benefitted from not being ported but in the end noone cares.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Makeshift Koala said:
ohhh i remember hearing about this... i remember being a little miffed that it was a ps3 exclusive.. i think.. it looks rather interesting so i may keep my eye on it... mainly cos it looks a wee bit like heavy rain in the 1950's.. which is as close as i can get to heavy rain with and xbox 360... darn.
Alan Wake says hi and to stop ignoring him.

Anyway, if it's not coming to PC, then I'm still buying a PS3 for this game among others when it comes out.

Makeshift Koala

Aug 20, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Makeshift Koala said:
ohhh i remember hearing about this... i remember being a little miffed that it was a ps3 exclusive.. i think.. it looks rather interesting so i may keep my eye on it... mainly cos it looks a wee bit like heavy rain in the 1950's.. which is as close as i can get to heavy rain with and xbox 360... darn.
Alan Wake says hi and to stop ignoring him.

Anyway, if it's not coming to PC, then I'm still buying a PS3 for this game among others when it comes out.
dang! forgot about him.. sneaky bastard XD

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
That's not shocking news! What will be shocking news is if the game ever actually sees the light of fucking day at this rate!

Come on Team Bondi! Some time this century?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
You know I have a PS2 book stating Assassins Creed was the exclusive title for the PS3... possibly changed that idea when they realised there's more money to be made from selling the games on multiple consoles. Here is probably no different... can't blame them.