LaBeouf: It's My Fault Indiana Jones 4 Was No Good

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
I think that the problem with this particular movie was that it changed from a mysterious tapestry woven from fact and fiction, into something that takes the mystery out of history.

The previous Indianna Jones films had the balance of fact and fiction so perfectly balanced that you were sucked in and believed the impossible.

I left this movie thinking, `yeah, right`... The conclusion was a dead end for the imagination.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
So a bad actor is admitting he's a bad actor?...Did I fall into some sort of dimensional time-warp while I was roaming the land of the internet? =P

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Xanthious said:
Yeah Crystal Skull wasn't up to par with the first three but it did manage at least to not take a big smelly all encompassing shit on the entire franchise like the Star Wars prequels. Hell, if he REALLY wants to apologize for something why not Transformers 2?

He kinda did, something about how the next one will have people dying or something.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Jbird said:
Finally! Someone who owns up to their mistakes. Now, all we're waiting for is an apology from Megan Fox's parents.

This. The woman is a tramp and is only in Transformers for the slow running away scenes. Seriously, I went to see a friend the other week and he was watching the last 30 minutes of Transformers 2 [which I haven't watched from the start] and literally all of her shots were slow-mo running scenes or her crying/screaming.

OT: I haven't seen Indy 4, but Transformers was bad enough to make me stay away from anything LaBeouf. But at least he's admitting his shortcomings.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
The worst part about Crystal Skull was not LeBeouf's (lack of) acting, but the idiotic script. Still, very good to see that someone in the entertainment industry actually owns up to his mistakes.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
I like the fact that I now have proper proof in saying that Indie 4 was godawful and it was all LaBeouf's fault. Because it was.

I still hate this guy though, he seems to ruin everything he is in. I hope when he has faded into obscurity his career is summed up in the words 'Transformers 2'.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I thought the reason was Terrible story, not LaBeouf.

Calumon: He's being kinda hard on himself. It was all Lucas' fault!

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I hated the film. LaBoeuf is used in EVERYTHING these days as the teenage character. Use someone else!

I don't think it was his fault. The script was dire, the fact that the Soviets aren't as appealing as the Nazis was another factor, and the film referencing the old ones to try and keep in line with the original 3 didn't help as such either.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I'm sorry, I want to see your face when you say it. Because then I can tell if you're faking.

Jbird said:
Finally! Someone who owns up to their mistakes. Now, all we're waiting for is an apology from Megan Fox's parents.
Well, even if she is one they certainly know how to make a profit out of it. Can't fault them there, but you can blame them for releasing that blight upon us all -- which is what you did and I agree with.

Also... I laughed.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
For me it was the aliens and the lack of nazis to beat up with whips and middle eastern people to beat up with whips.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Like many others, I didn't think it was a terrible film (albeit kind of odd compared to the series). Sure, I would've preferred Sean Connery to be in it, but I think LaBeouf did a decent job as side-kick/potential successor. In fact, I remember saying that to the person I saw it with. Unfortunately, he then brought up Transformers and I remembered why I don't like Shia. Still, I don't think it's appropriate to blame all the movies problems on him and he should lighten up a little.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
WrongSprite said:
I quite liked it, thought it was good fun.
It's not his fault if the people who were nursing their nostalgia kept moaning...
Well the movie wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't all his fault. LaBeouf isn't all that bad of an actor, he just hasn't had much to work with recently. I think he is being to hard on himself. (Maybe he is drinking or on drugs? Wouldn't really surprise me, it might explain his recent wierd behavior)

Edit: Why is he blaming himself? I have never heard of people really complain about him, I thought people hated Lucas for the movie....

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The movie was fun - the monkey swinging thing was solely a problem with writing, no one could have made that look good.

I didn't like the alien thing either - which removed it too far from the powerful artifacts from the other other films - but again, that was a problem with the writing not him.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
SteelStallion said:
wasalp said:
its good to see a star that's this level headed...my opinion on LaBeouf has changed I now have respect for him. The movie wasn't horrible but it wasn't as great.
Then his publicity stunt of "omg guys sry its all my fault <3" has worked, obviously.

I don't buy it LaBeouf, you're a terrible actor and you're not sorry, you're full of shit.
must we always assume people are lying. Personally I prefer giving him the benefit of the doubt...even if he still is a horrible actor

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
WrongSprite said:
I quite liked it, thought it was good fun.
It's not his fault if the people who were nursing their nostalgia kept moaning...
Agreed. The movie was good.

People who say otherwise know nothing about what makes a good movie good.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
V8 Ninja said:
So a bad actor is admitting he's a bad actor?...Did I fall into some sort of dimensional time-warp while I was roaming the land of the internet? =P
Yes, yes you did. Now if you look over here we have the fountain of the admins/mods Glistening in all of its glories. But be sure not to go into the forest to the west. For that is the land of the trolls. *insert spooky sound*

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
I find it hard to believe people hated Crystal Skull so much for being silly and over the top, have any of these people actually seen Temple Of Doom? It's an awful film!

It's just nostalgia rage, yeah it wasn't as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but it was a was a fucks sight better than Temple Of Doom, I mean come on, "chilled monkey brains"?