Lady Throws Wii at Boyfriend, Hilarity and Jailtime Ensues

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
She should have thrown a Wiimote at him instead. Then she could have tried to pass it off as an accident, though I doubt she would have gotten away with it.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I want to know what the fight was about that left her steaming for four hours.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
So when a woman does it to a guy it's funny, but if it had been the other way around this thread when have been full of comments asking what the hell she was doing out of the kitchen. And people think this is funny?

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
"You promised we would play Super Smash Bros Co-op tonight!
YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANY MORE!"
Cakes said:
Reagus said:
If it was a man who threw a Wii at his girlfriend i'm pretty sure the word "hilarity" wouldn't be in the title.

Just saying...
I was thinking the same.
If it was the other way around, I'd have to make the cliche "make him a sandwich" joke. I think this way is much more comical.
Yeah, yeah double standards. What'cha gunna do?
I'LL TELL YA WHAT TO DO!

Laugh! Because double standards are always funny!

Edit: Actually the "make me a sandwich" joke is still appliable in this situation. It would just be a lot funnier!

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
BabyRaptor said:
So when a woman does it to a guy it's funny, but if it had been the other way around this thread when have been full of comments asking what the hell she was doing out of the kitchen. And people think this is funny?

You mean one of those?

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Greg Tito said:

A woman was arrested and jailed this week for allegedly throwing a Wii console at her boyfriend's face.

Rebecca Varina Sloskowski, 31 years old, was arrested and jailed on Monday January 10th under second-degree assault charges and eventually jailed for tossing the Wii. There is no word whether Sloskowski's boyfriend wants to return to his lover's Hillsboro, Oregon home about ten miles west of Portland, or whether he will press charges.

It's an old story really, one that we've heard so many times that I'm sure you can recite it along with me. A man loves a woman. The woman becomes intoxicated and the man leaves the house to give her time to calm down and sober up.

When he returns four hours later, the woman is still raving bat-shit crazy angry and screams at him, shoving him against eh wall. She then starts throwing whatever she can at him before her hand rests on the Wii console. She then hurls it at the man, chipping two teeth and cutting his lip. Same old story right?

Perhaps Nintendo should put safety straps on the Wii console in addition to the strap that comes with Wii Remotes. Or perhaps the boyfriend should buy her one of these [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103155-Wii-Remote-Finally-Modded-Into-a-Vibrating-Sex-Toy]?

Source: The Hillsboro Argus [http://www.oregonlive.com/argus/index.ssf/2011/01/wii_cant_control_this.html]

Yeah having a couple of kilos of plastic hurled at your face sounds like a barrel of fucking laughs.

She went to jail, good. At least justice was served in this farcical account of a domestic assault.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
This would be the equality that people need to actually embrace to eliminate the "differences" between the sexes. You assault someone, you go to jail, irregardless of your gender.

Bravo.

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
"One of these" might have resulted in the headline "man has Wii sex toy shoved in one ear and out the other".
That kind of story is what keeps newspapers alive. Only people who don't realize they can read it for free online still buy the paper for it, but still. I guess this story's pretty good too, though.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm not seeing the hilarity here. When drunk people are drunk, they do dumb shit. It's just another rule of life.

Oh, and this might be a problem:
Greg Tito said:
When he returns four hours later, the woman is still raving bat-shit crazy angry and screams at him, shoving him against eh wall.
Last I checked, 'eh' wasn't so much as a word as a random noise that people make when they don't really care for the choice that has been given to them.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
AssassinJoe said:
I'LL TELL YA WHAT TO DO!

Laugh! Because double standards are always funny!

Edit: Actually the "make me a sandwich" joke is still appliable in this situation. It would just be a lot funnier!
"HERE'S your dam sandwich you BASTARD!"
Hey you're right! :D
Not exactly what I meant, but I'll take it!

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Yeah. The thread has exactly as much mindless Wii-hatred I expected from the escapist.

...Retards, man. We should round them up and push them into gas chambers. I'm pretty sure nobody thought of this idea beforehand.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
danpascooch said:
Greg Tito said:
And the winner of best title for a news post ever goes to.......
For added fun take the second half of that title and place it after any newspaper headline.