Latest FFVII Remake Rumor Looks a Lot Like a Hoax

RogerKevin

Oct 3, 2010
Yes. There is no need. There was also no need to remake FFIV for every single console to ever come out on God's green Earth. Yet here we are. There is no NEED for FFVII to be ported to the NGP. I don't see why it'd be such a horrible idea. If only so Liam O' Brain can voice a few more lines for Red XIII.

Not saying this is legit, it's obviously a hoax but quit *****ing guys.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
12 had the best combat of the ones Ive played I went back to tbc in 13 and it made me raaaage. Its too stiff and boring I liked moving around and seeing my enemies beforehand. In a more or less open changing world. 7s campaign would have been better redone like 12 because they both had open worlds with less linear gameplay.

As a ff7 fanboy I have to say Im done with that games story. I mean there is no need for a remake make a new game in the 7 world by all means I just have no intention of playing a game Id make a habit of beating every summer vacation again just because its been uprezed.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
If SE ever remakes the PS1 FF games, I really hope that they skip over 7 and remake 8 or 9 just to troll everyone :D

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
When SE first created the opening cutscene for the PS3, I really wanted a remake. That was then, now I say just leave it how it is. I'll just download it from PSN.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Well, Nomura has repeatedly said that the Compilation is not finished yet. I'd rather they repolish the game that established the mythos rather than adding more and more crap onto it. Asides from a graphical update, the game could go for faster ATB and rebalancing among party members. Vincent and Yuffie's recruitment would have to become mandatory somehow. I dunno - I honestly think they could do well if they worked on it enough.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
MikeyW said:
XII's combat system? That'd be a terrible idea!
Damn straight. And I'm 100% in agreement with those that want to be able to control the entire party in battle again.

I feel sorry for SE... having to nix all these FFVII-remake rumours must be pretty annoying, week-in, week-out. And since I don't like (and never have liked!) FFVII, I'd be far, far more interested in either another non-MMO FF game, or another Kingdom Hearts game.

I'm not sure that the "based in London" part of the email is true or not, one of the languages dept teachers in my school actually did work for SE as a translator... and they certainly weren't based in London. She just got a copy of whatever Squeenix wanted translating.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Mahorfeus said:
Well, Nomura has repeatedly said that the Compilation is not finished yet. I'd rather they repolish the game that established the mythos rather than adding more and more crap onto it. Asides from a graphical update, the game could go for faster ATB and rebalancing among party members. Vincent and Yuffie's recruitment would have to become mandatory somehow. I dunno - I honestly think they could do well if they worked on it enough.
why make the recruitment mandatory?

just because its not cannon doesnt mean they cant include the cut optional quest to revive aries/aerith (whatever her name is) and give it the two possible endings the original game was intended to have Im just saying.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Ugh... what's with all of the remake desire these days?

Just play the original. Appreciate the original artwork, don't be a graphics whore.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
In my opinion, they either need to remake it from the ground up, but keep the basic game intact, or leave it alone. For those wondering, I'm talking about updated graphics, music, a revamped Materia system, and an improved combat system (But please God not like FFXII or FFXII).

Since you're now wondering what kind of combat system would be good, I'd like a hybrid of FFXIII and FFX. Keep the same basic feel of characters moving around, but make it turn based in the style of FFX. This should keep the game fairly quick while allowing players to control the whole party. Limits could be done like FFX's Overdrives. Simple and elegant.

EDIT: Didn't really comment on the whole hoax originally. Oops.
It COULD be real, but I doubt it. Pretty sure SE said that making a RPG like FFVII would be prohibitively expensive. Therefore, they have no plans to remake FFVII. All in all, I won't hold my breath. Can play the original on my PSP anytime I want, anyways.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
This new version would apparently have a number of new features including a revamped combat system similar to the one seen in FFXII
Probably for the best that it's most likely a rumor then.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
ryo02 said:
Mahorfeus said:
why make the recruitment mandatory?

just because its not cannon doesnt mean they cant include the cut optional quest to revive aries/aerith (whatever her name is) and give it the two possible endings the original game was intended to have Im just saying.
Source?
I'm pretty fucking certain that there was NEVER a quest to bring Aeris back, it would have completely ruined the impact that that scene had.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Can't this just DIE already? I'm tired of constantly hearing and pining over a remake of this game. If you love it so much, just buy the original one on the PSN or, if you're a hoarder like me, dust off an old copy of it and play it again. Yes, FFVII was a great game, but that doesn't mean that we need an HD upgrade with some tweaking. I'd prefer Square Enix dedicate their time to making a new FF game to help wash out the HORRIBLE taste that FFXIII left.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Alright, let's get something straight.

I'm rather tired of people living in the glorious past of Square Enix.

I'll tell you what (in my opinion) would be great:

An exciting NEW Final Fantasy that blew all previous iterations out of the water and cemented a fresh 'Super Fantasy' in their annals.

Imagine the next 'VII'.

Because, you know, it'd be NICE to reminisce about something else for once.