Latest game you purchased and why?

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
I bet half the posts came from the Steam Sale.

I got Torchlight and STALKER: Clear Sky.
I bought Clear Sky as I had both STALKER: SoC and STALKER: CoP already, and I wanted to have the series complete.

I got Torchlight as it was 3 euros, looked awesome in the trailer, and it reminded me of Diablo II. I sunk about 2 days into it now and it's AWESOME. GO GET IT, NOW.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
Dominion: Cornucopia. It's a card game (expansion). I bought it because it's really fun, and I've turned pretty much all my friends on to it. With four or five players and massive intoxication slowing us down, games usually run til' the sun comes up. This is (mostly) a good thing. I hold my liquor better than most, so I usually win, though I might have trouble remembering how.

I haven't been into video games much lately. With my PS2 and PS3 on the fritz, it's doubtful I'll buy any video games anytime soon.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Splinter Cell: Conviction.

I heard it had split-screen fun and that is rarely seen these day.

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
Duke Nukem: Forever, been waiting for it for 14 years so went against reviews and honestly liked it apart from having to run around on top of the dam. The simple humour I found refreshing after serious business games like Crysis and Dead Space. Not saying it was brilliant by any means, just that I enjoyed it for what it is: A game that you're not supposed to take too seriously.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Crysis 2, because I was very bored and it was relatively cheap. Good game, but stealth makes it way too easy.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
The last 20+ games I bought I had the same reasons, steam sale!
The last one was Deus Ex I think, and that's because I've been wanting to get it and just wanted the price to drop.

TheSolemnHypnotic

Dec 12, 2010
inFamous 2 because I pre-ordered it to get a suh-weet poster. It's the first game I ever bought on release day, so now I'm official. :)

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY about 45 minutes ago for $8.00 on steam. I've played the game before having borrowed it from a friend last year, but not the GOTY. There are other games I'm playing first though, so I probably wont get to this until August.

Why? I want to play the game again in preparation of the sequel and its a good enough deal to justify a purchase.

EricGossett

Dec 29, 2009
hmmm well lets see....

Portal 2
Torchlight
Battlefield bad company 2 and Vietnam
Bioshock 2
Just cause 2
Killing floor

Reason: Valve and their hard to resist wallet-draining sale.

KING POJO

Jun 19, 2009
Monday Night Combat on Steam because it was $4. XP But then I found out my computer can't handle it. :(

But I did get Mortal Kombat 9, though, because I actually like this one and my friends are getting it too so we can play. :p

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Minecraft Premium the unlicensed version didn,t allow me on the server my friends where playing on.
we now have a obsidian farm on a pony server (my friends are bronies)
as in physical: DNF,Oni and Metro 2033 with the exception of DNF they where under 2 euro,s (Oni 1, something and metro 2033 1 Euro)