League of Legends Muscles Past World of Warcraft

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
Zeetchmen said:
Oh RageshotGG eh? Just watch his stream and you'll get to see a fine sample of how bad a comunity LoL has.

A clip of him in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNGJ1SWxyVA&feature=related
Oh wow. I knew people thought the LoL (god that's an awkward acronym) fanbase was awful, but...I don't even know what he's yelling about? This guy's a PROFESSIONAL PLAYER?

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
it's time... Blizzard, it's time to make Warcraft4, and be done with WoW, see... this game is no more than a Mod Map in Warcraft4, think... winning ALL THESE players back, all you have to do was to make a mod!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
While a lot of players are really bad, not everyone is either trash or god-tier. I think I'm decent (1450 last season). It's a negative mindset with just how many leavers, grievers, and trolls LoL has.
Of course not.

0.3% of players are god-tier. Gold bracket is very good. Silver is mediocre.

If you are bronze, below or unranked, you are trash, speaking objectively :/ I mean, you can win in 1300-1400 games by smashing your forehead on the keyboard.

EcksTeaSea said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Doesn't help that about half of these people are terrible.
And I suppose you're at 1800 ELO?
I don't do Ranked. Though my Normal ELO is roughly 1730.
Normal Elo is worth nothing.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Krion_Vark said:
I love how they make mention to the amount of times a TEEMO dies in a day. I find that actually really really funny.
And yet it's still not enough

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
LoL just has the 3rd worst community on the planet.
I'm guessing in second place is HoN and first place goes to DotA? :p

Oh, MOBA...

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Ugh. I really liked this game but now after the changes they did it's quite horrible. The game was nice and I could tolerate the community but now it's just fucking annoying.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah I note they don't mention how many of those players actually spend any money on LoL, I'll give you a hint, not many.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Hoplon said:
Yeah I note they don't mention how many of those players actually spend any money on LoL, I'll give you a hint, not many.
And that's exactly why the prize pool is 5 million dollars, the biggest in e-sports history.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Abedeus said:

EcksTeaSea said:
EcksTeaSea said:
I would like to disagree. Play Blind Pick for 2500+ games. Just praying you have a semi decent team comp to counter whatever the hell the enemy has picked. Blind Pick forces you to adapt to whatever the situation is in the moment, while at least in Ranked you have some knowledge of what you're going to face. Ranked might have the majority of bad people, but Normals are even worse. Just because Normal ELO isn't shown, doesn't make it any different from Ranked.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
I'd love to play lol, a bunch of my friends do. Sadly Riot is not interested in my business, and i'm not about ot go spend 200+ dollars on Windows just so i can play it.

XSin

Jul 21, 2009
Gave it a try and didn't hate it but prefer HoN, I'm just used to the visuals and heroes, might go back at some point to mess around

Loved how S2 blatantly ripped off the best bits of LoL :p (money earned from play to buy custom stuff and turning F2P)

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Wow! Lol is bigger than wow, lol!

Hahaha sorry just had to do that, I know I'm an idiot. Those are some crazy stats though, but how about publishing the ones regarding paying customers?

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
Abedeus said:
While a lot of players are really bad, not everyone is either trash or god-tier. I think I'm decent (1450 last season). It's a negative mindset with just how many leavers, grievers, and trolls LoL has.
Of course not.

If you are bronze, below or unranked, you are trash, speaking objectively :/ I mean, you can win in 1300-1400 games by smashing your forehead on the keyboard.

EcksTeaSea said:
EcksTeaSea said:

Im sorry i dont consider a game with a cash shop,permanent Leveling Permanent boosts and in game money system as competitive at all.

Talk to me when you get master in Starcraft

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
EcksTeaSea said:
Abedeus said:

EcksTeaSea said:
EcksTeaSea said:
I would like to disagree. Play Blind Pick for 2500+ games. Just praying you have a semi decent team comp to counter whatever the hell the enemy has picked. Blind Pick forces you to adapt to whatever the situation is in the moment, while at least in Ranked you have some knowledge of what you're going to face. Ranked might have the majority of bad people, but Normals are even worse. Just because Normal ELO isn't shown, doesn't make it any different from Ranked.
Actually it does. I have over 2k games in normals. Why it is worth shit?

1. You don't lose Elo for queue dodging.
2. There is no difference between winning a game against level 30s or level 5s.
3. You can queue with people who barely know how to hit buttons (i.e. levels under 30) even if you are 30.
4. It's BLIND PICK. That doesn't measure skill. It's 90% luck.
5. It's hidden. You don't know how much you have it. No, you can't just multiply wins and losses by 12 and subtract.
6. It's best if you stop thinking anyone cares about normal games.

ionveau said:
Abedeus said:
Of course not.

EcksTeaSea said:
EcksTeaSea said:

Im sorry i dont consider a game with a cash shop,permanent Leveling Permanent boosts and in game money system as competitive at all.

Talk to me when you get master in Starcraft
What the bloody hell are you talking about, exactly? Cash shop? You mean I've played the game for over a year and I didn't know you can buy level 18 at start of every game, or start with 10k gold?!

Permanent leveling? Yeah, you have to play about 200 games to get to level 30... because putting people with 10 games played against or with people who played 1000 games is fair and competitive?

Permanent boosts? What? No boost is permanent, and none of them affect the gameplay.

In game money system? Yeah, those SKINS you can buy are incredibly game-breaking.

I guess you don't consider DotA 2 competitive either.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Krion_Vark said:
I love how they make mention to the amount of times a TEEMO dies in a day. I find that actually really really funny.
I chuckled too. I actually rape as Teemo, so don't show your ass near a bush, damnit.

JohnnyDelRay said:
Wow! Lol is bigger than wow, lol!

Hahaha sorry just had to do that, I know I'm an idiot. Those are some crazy stats though, but how about publishing the ones regarding paying customers?
Paying customers would still be around that number, simply due to low prices. If you mean people who spent more then X money then your getting closer, or X amounts of purchases, but the number will still be larger then WoW. Hell, if we look at the increase in Free-To-Play MMO's popularity as of late it will show that more people prefer the Free-To-Play method over the paying one.

Dimitriov said:
But, but... it's soooooooo boooooooring! D:<
Guess what, you activated my trap card.... Anyways, League of Legends, HoN or any other Dota style game are actually very fast paced, very pubstomping or very god damn boring depending on how your playing and how well your doing. Its more about finding out which one fits how you want to play rather then the game itself.....
Seriuosly, if League of Legends is boring then I'd love to hear what you think of the repetitiveness of quests in WoW.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Aprilgold said:
Dimitriov said:
But, but... it's soooooooo boooooooring! D:<
Guess what, you activated my trap card.... Anyways, League of Legends, HoN or any other Dota style game are actually very fast paced, very pubstomping or very god damn boring depending on how your playing and how well your doing. Its more about finding out which one fits how you want to play rather then the game itself.....
Seriuosly, if League of Legends is boring then I'd love to hear what you think of the repetitiveness of quests in WoW.
I LOVE THEM! :D

Honestly I love repetitive quests. LoL being boring for me is due entirely to my own personal preferences: namely I don't find any of it fun.

As far as I am concerned DotA, LoL, etc. took RTS gaming and removed ALL THE BEST PARTS! D:

Such as building and resource gathering. That's why my favourite RTS will probably always be Age of Empires. Hurray for building Wonders even though it's turned off as a victory condition!

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
holy fucking shit, I didn't know it was that big. How big is HoN? Doesn't that only have about 40k concurrent players? I actual can't believe this. Even if only a tiny fraction are subscribers, that's enough money I'd say. With that many people...

Then again I'd like to know the stats for HoN, since I thought LoL was just a bit bigger then HoN, but not that big. In my mind LoL has 11 million people while HoN has maybe 100k max. So yeah it would be nice to get some perspective lol (no punintended)