Leaked Deus Ex Preview Build Impresses Fans

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
TU4AR said:
Shio said:
Sarcasm - pretty witty stuff.

OT: stealing a product makes you a fan? Cool story. I don't buy it, though.
It's still more clever than responding to the style of of the point rather than the point itself. And you may not buy it, but I'll bet you inordinate amounts of money that pre-orders have risen dramatically after this leak. I want to see those figures.
Wait... You say I didn't reply to the post, only mocked the style... then reply to my reply, proving I did indeed respond...

You see how silly that is, right?

Anywho: you're assuming preoders went up when you admit you've seen no figures? Conjecture based on forum posts?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Shio said:
TU4AR said:
Shio said:
Fans? People who torrent leaks are not fans.
You're right, people sharing things they love, spreading hype and excitment and causing people to actually pre-order could never call themselves fans.

Oh wait.
Sarcasm - pretty witty stuff.

OT: stealing a product makes you a fan? Cool story. I don't buy it, though.
Seeing as how the preview was never a payed and finished product to begin with, no it's not the same. Nor is anyone really missing something. Not sales, not literal products, nothing. If anything it made them money, gained them sales, seeing as many people are impressed with the game. It's good publicity so far.

Thanks to this leak I pre-ordered the Special Edition. I was skeptical, but oh boy, not any more.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Irridium said:
Starke said:
Odjin said:
That leaked build is a good way to see if one is a true Deus-Ex fan or not because if you like "that" then you can't be a real Deus-Ex fan (or you never played and understood the original). At last it could have been worse (with other words a step forward compared to DX:IW but still way behind DX). Still though a non-buy... and not only because of the steam-forced-down-your-throat crap going on. With a steam-free version we can discuss but with steam-forced... forget it.
I'll be honest, I've never really understood this hatred of Steam. I get where some people have a dislike of the process but people who go, "I won't touch a game because it has Steamworks" strikes me as a bit odd. No offense.
Because being forced to use a service that offers nothing you want and that your completely uninterested in is just infuriating. To me at least.

I don't mind Steam, but I'd rather have customers able to choose to use it or not, instead of being forced to use it.

There's also quite a few other reasons, but I'll let the people who have real issues with Steam fill you in.
You don't choose DRM. As much as you don't like it, you can't do anything about it. It's up to the developers in the end. Let's be honest here. Steamworks is just about on the better side of DRM. It's either that or SecuROM and StarForce in my eyes.

Don't give me crap about companies not using DRM either. I like it just as much as you do when they choose to leave it out, but it's a naive dream to think it'll ever happen on a larger scale.

I can only give words of wisdom to anyone who dislikes something.

Apr 28, 2008
Zer_ said:
Irridium said:
Starke said:
Odjin said:
That leaked build is a good way to see if one is a true Deus-Ex fan or not because if you like "that" then you can't be a real Deus-Ex fan (or you never played and understood the original). At last it could have been worse (with other words a step forward compared to DX:IW but still way behind DX). Still though a non-buy... and not only because of the steam-forced-down-your-throat crap going on. With a steam-free version we can discuss but with steam-forced... forget it.
I'll be honest, I've never really understood this hatred of Steam. I get where some people have a dislike of the process but people who go, "I won't touch a game because it has Steamworks" strikes me as a bit odd. No offense.
Because being forced to use a service that offers nothing you want and that your completely uninterested in is just infuriating. To me at least.

I don't mind Steam, but I'd rather have customers able to choose to use it or not, instead of being forced to use it.

There's also quite a few other reasons, but I'll let the people who have real issues with Steam fill you in.
You don't choose DRM. As much as you don't like it, you can't do anything about it. It's up to the developers in the end. Let's be honest here. Steamworks is just about on the better side of DRM. It's either that or SecuROM and StarForce in my eyes.

Don't give me crap about companies not using DRM either. I like it just as much as you do when they choose to leave it out, but it's a naive dream to think it'll ever happen on a larger scale.

I can only give words of wisdom to anyone who dislikes something.

The decisions are made by the people who have the money, which are the publishers.

And I know I can't choose DRM, I know Steam's the best of a bad situation.

Just because Steam's the best we got, doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize it for its problems, or criticize publishers for putting DRM on their games.

Next time a game with harsh DRM comes out, nobody buy it, and say they didn't buy it because of the DRM. That'd be quite the message.

Of course that would require gamers everywhere banding together for a common goal for the benefit of everyone. Fat fucking chance that'll ever happen.

And I am dealing with it, in my own special way which is usually endlessly bitching about it.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
Nocta-Aeterna said:
These hackers are like ghosts, always hiding behind strange usernames and profile pictures.

Joking aside, if an unfinished build can impress this much, imagine what the full game will be. If only I had a PC that could run this beast of a game.
The system requirements are fairly modest. 2 Ghz dual-core, 1 GB RAM and nVidia GeForce 8000 or AMD Radeon HD 2000. Those are 2 year old laptop specs. I have reason to believe you can play the game on a '09 MacBook.

Preordered a little while back and EVERYTHING I've seen is encouraging. I usually resent paying $50-60 for a game, but this looks GOOD.

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
psivamp said:
Nocta-Aeterna said:
These hackers are like ghosts, always hiding behind strange usernames and profile pictures.

Joking aside, if an unfinished build can impress this much, imagine what the full game will be. If only I had a PC that could run this beast of a game.
The system requirements are fairly modest. 2 Ghz dual-core, 1 GB RAM and nVidia GeForce 8000 or AMD Radeon HD 2000. Those are 2 year old laptop specs. I have reason to believe you can play the game on a '09 MacBook.

Preordered a little while back and EVERYTHING I've seen is encouraging. I usually resent paying $50-60 for a game, but this looks GOOD.
Hmm, yeah, I think I can just barely do the minimum specs at the moment.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
Nocta-Aeterna said:
psivamp said:
Nocta-Aeterna said:

Hmm, yeah, I think I can just barely do the minimum specs at the moment.
I'm 2.260 Ghz Core 2, 2.8 GB RAM (yeah, stupid XP doesn't recognize the rest) and have a GeForce 9000M. It's playable at minimum settings.