Left 4 Dead Pc

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
I know this horrendously vague, but I keep getting an error report, and I reinstalled it, and it still doesn't work, anyone have any idea what it could be? I unfortunately can't tell you anymore information.

thanks

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
have you tried reading what the error report says? Some times that might help ..

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
Well, the error report is as stated, vague. It just says "theres a problem SORRY :D" :p

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
The error doesn't happen to have a list of numbers or anything to go with it?

They aren't very useful to most people but for someone that knows the source and knows how to debug it can help...

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
Have you tried contacting Valve? Steam Support is usually at least moderately helpful, eventually. I know that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, but I can guarantee you it's more likely to help than this thread, at least with the information you've given so far...

Logan Keller

Jul 24, 2008
Are you just getting a message along the lines of there was a problem and so and so had to close or is there an actual error?

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
DK412 said:
Well, the error report is as stated, vague. It just says "theres a problem SORRY :D" :p
contact Gordon Freeman someone from (EDIT sorry bout the little mistake) valve... like support?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
DK412 said:
It's original, from Steam/retail?

If not, then gtho. We are not helping pirates here.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
DK412 said:
If that's the report then you have a virus and you're buggered, well and truly.

If that's not the exact report you are getting, write it down when you next get it.

Go to Valve's support page and search for that specific error, that'll tell you exactly what it is and how to fix it.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Abedeus said:
It's original, from Steam/retail?

If not, then gtho. We are not helping pirates here.
Word! (I've allways wanted to say that)

As stated aboce. Write down the exact error report next time you want someone to help you. If that is, then you have a problem

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
That's the message it gives pirates.

Not just any pirates, the ones who are terrible at it.

So go away Terrible Pirate.

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
DM. said:

I love how i come here for help, and I get called a pirate, a troll, a number of other things.
No I bought it from a game shop, its retail.

But thanks for your helpful helpful comment?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Well then give us the exact error message.

Or see the tech support. They do have one, you know.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
DK412 said:
DM. said:

I love how i come here for help, and I get called a pirate, a troll, a number of other things.
No I bought it from a game shop, its retail.

But thanks for your helpful helpful comment?
You're getting that thrown at you because you were asked a question that will help us to help you. Come back with a real error message and we'll be able to help.