Legacy of Kain

yayforgiveaway

Aug 25, 2009
I laughed so hard. Another LoK/SR game would be a nice idea but the ending to Defiance was
kind of sad for Raziel hmmmmmmm Trine anyone?

HoradricNoob

Jan 31, 2010
Gosh, I played Soul Reaver till the damned disc burned up.

Such a great mix of combat and platforming/puzzle solving.

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
I love the LoK series (although I've never played any of the Blood Omen games), the voice acting was solid gold, especially Kain and Raziel; the narration alone was enough to make me carry on and see what happened next, it's just a shame that the devs wrote themselves into a confusing temporal corner and a disappointing cliff-hanger ending in Defiance that resolved nothing.
Yes, the grand, evil string-puller has finally popped his clogs but you've just ended a game with one of the main characters willingly succumbing to the horrible fate he just spent 2 games screwing up the timeline trying to avert (I really like him, he deserved better than that!) and shortly afterwards, the other talking about being filled with hope whilst simultaneously staring at the very disaster that he's just spent 5 games buggering up the timeline in order to avoid!
As much as it pains me to say it, if they were to make a new LoK game (whoever "they" may be), it'd have to start from scratch story-wise because, to paraphrase Grey Carter, no sequel/prequel can possibly untangle 5 games worth of time-fuckery. I mean, where the hell would you start?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
vivster said:
i want my soul reaver 3... or at least a nice remake of the first...
Unfortunately a Soul Reaver 3 is out of the question as Raziel no longer exists, because.....

bimbley said:
Argh! I need a new LoK game so badly that simply the mention of it here is likely to leave me constipated for a week. And it's CHRISTMAS god damn you. You've constipated me at christmas! Have you no ethics?

Mind you, weren't Raziel and Kain last seen having been shlurped into one being in order to go about their teamed up violence more efficiently in future? In which case this comic must be situating itself in some previous point in the series' lore. Unless of course you've presented a penetrating look into the internal dynamics of a doubled-up conciousness, in which case bravo, sir, bravo. This comic is a psychoanalytical masterpiece!

-Bim
Actually Raziel was himself absorbed into the Soul Reaver, thus making it the all-powerful vampiric sword that it was originally fashioned to be. Kane thought this was horrible, that Raziel needed to be alive in order to break free from the unrelenting flow of time, but Raziel knew the truth: he was ALWAYS destined to be Kane's instrument of destruction. First as a living vampire, and now as the soul powering his sword. This is what allows Kane to see and slay the ancient god who was manipulating the events throughout the entire storyline.

That said, there is still room for a final game in the series, and I don't see what would be so complicated about it. Kane and Raziel broke the chain by first killing the Time Guardian when he wasn't supposed to die, and secondly by having Raziel be absorbed into the Soul Reaver. This is why the last game was called Defiance, because Kane and Raziel both defy their apparent fates in order to break free of the web the ancient god had woven. From that point on, all that is left is to destroy the invasion of the Hilden (think that's what they're called), and there you have your final ending to the entire series.

:p Didn't use spoilers because anyone who reads this most likely is as big a LoK fan as everyone else who posted here and this should all be common knowledge. I would LOVE to see a new LoK game. Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2 were my favorites before they combined Raziel and Kane into LoK Defiance. The problem with making a new LoK game to continue on from Defiance is that, as mentioned above, Kane's Soul Reaver is now so powerful that it can chop an ancient god to bits...kinda removes any possible challenge that comes next once you've earned the title God Slayer.

PS: To this day, "VAE VICTIS!" is my all-time favorite battle cry.

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Same here, if they would finally announce a new LoK game I would scream with so much joy.
Although Raziel is my favourite, so not that much if it would be an only Kain game, but still very happy.

They wouldn't even have to continue Defiance, there would be two great things they could do:

Remake the original Soul Reaver BUT with the original story and original content that was dumped in order for more sequels ( for those who don't know : Raziel would have killed all of his brothers, a Priestess, and Kain too, you could have acquired all of the elemental Reaver upgrades that were in the sequels, more Glyph powers and areas to visit, and in the end Raziel would unleash the power of the silent cathedral and eliminate every vampire in Nosgoth)
This would be so awesome with todays graphics, and technology, but with the same great music, atmosphere, voice acting etc.)

OR the other option : make a game that takes place after Blood Omen but before Soul Reaver, we know Raziel served Kain for a 1000 years, and they conquered Nosgoth, so it could begin by Raziel being raised and fighting along Kain in a great war against the humans. With a great open world setting like Assassins Creed that could also be something very cool.

If I ever win the lottery, I will totally invest some money in one of the above projects! It would be a dream come true!

Trig0n

Nov 9, 2010
The nostalgia almost made me drop some tears.

This was the most fantastic series of my childhood. I do sorely miss it.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I remember when I got Soul Reaver 2 at Christmas 2001 I think. I played the hell out of that game. Didn´t really like the other ones as much though. Just played them for the story.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
That was entertaining lol. i genuinly forgot i played that game way back. Whenever i saw him i always thought "was that a comic i read?"

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
*sequel* Yay! A Legacy of Kain comic! I haven't seen anything about these games for ages! Thank you so much. And yes, I pray for a new game, but I dobut I'll get it. Oh well..

>.>
<.<

RAHABIM REPRESENT!

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Man, I miss the Legacy of Kain games something fierce. I know Silicon Knights basically finished the story and left the rest up imagination (in a manner that was just awesome), but you just... want to see more of it. I hate to say it because I'm not a huge fan of remakes but possibly a revamped version of Soul Reaver 1 and 2 would be enjoyable for nostalgia's sake. Like to say the Blood Omens as well, but the first one was ungodly linear and I don't see any developer that would interested in a revamp going the extra mile to put a sense of deep immersion in the game.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
As much as I would want another game, there's really nothing to go on anymore...

Defiance left us on a cliffhanger which would already be resolved in Blood Omen 2. Raziel has fulfilled his destiny and Kain is... well, I don't know what Kain is doing.

Plus with the Elder God's voice actor having died and all... I just can't imagine him being recast.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
As much as I would want another game, there's really nothing to go on anymore...

Defiance left us on a cliffhanger which would already be resolved in Blood Omen 2. Raziel has fulfilled his destiny and Kain is... well, I don't know what Kain is doing.

Plus with the Elder God's voice actor having died and all... I just can't imagine him being recast.
Same here. Kain and the Elder God is the only plot that hasn't seen a resolution, just the "I'll deal with you later" attitude in Defiance.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
A lot of dead franchises are being resurrected these days. Maybe we'll finally see another LoK game.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
<3 !!! Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain, one of my fav games ever ^_^ there's a game that needs the HD treatment