Legend of Zelda, Navi's Annoyance.

MisterAnarchist

Feb 10, 2009
Navi was a godsend compared Tatl. When you read what Navi said to you, you actually knew what you were doing. Talking to Tatl is like talking to a retarded chimp, most of the conversations went along the lines of "Hey look at this, I don't know what it does though"

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Even replacing the voice clips with a discreet little tinkly bell like Tatl in Majora's Mask was a 100% improvement over Navi. Ugh.

Also: Midna is the best character in a Zelda game ever. And in my head she is voiced by Rie Kugimiya.

Vegeta187x

Jul 2, 2008
I'd replace her with the Microsoft Help Assistant. That damnable paperclip with eyes was equally annoying, if not surpassing the level of annoyance Navi offered.

"It looks like you're trying to save Hyrule! Would you like some assistance with finding the Master Sword? How about riding Epona? If you need Rupees, I can help you choose some tall grass to walk through!"

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
timmytom1 said:
I`d replace it with a magic guitar that plays awesome solo`s and exploderizes people ,i couldn`t ask for much more than that,could YOU????????????
...Yes.
I could ask for Navi.
Also, that gratuitous amount of question marks is unnecessary and annoying.
She was rather helpful when you were stuck. Also, she was glowy, which was pretty cool.

Also, the owl was good for one reason: He helped you down that fucking mountain. Also, he got you a heart piece by dropping you where he did, if I recall correctly.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Honestly, I never found Navi to be that annoying... I would appear to be the only one. The owl on the other hand? I hated that guy.

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
Bunnymarn said:
I find the damn owl more annoying. I never paid attention Navi.
To hell with both of them. The owl was only there as an homage to Link's Awakening. I prefer to play my games without tiny women (?) yelling at me.

yoda7104

Jan 2, 2009
The_Oracle said:
xitel said:
Erana said:
Midna.
You just didn't notice that she had replaced Navi because they did her right.
Holy crap, you're right... I didn't realize until you said that that Midna was Navi, but by jove you're absolutely right!
Hey, Midna was awesome. She's a snarky manipulator who didn't really care much if Link's world ended up dying until the end, but IMHO she's Link's best companion ever by far. Not counting Epona.
so thatstak of 4 quotes about covers it and btw say i if you saw midna being twilit prinsess coming beforu got the second fused shadow

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
Ohhh god the owl! Just thinking about him makes me grind my teeth.

Navi wasn't that bad, I thought. At the beginning with all the you can climb up ladders stuff was a bit annoying, but she'd not as bad as everyone makes out. She was a bit of a tight-arse though.

I loved Tatl, her sarcasm was great. Midna just rocked, plain and simple.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Ya, the owl was way more annoying. I don't see why Navi got picked instead.

And Navi was actually useful in a lot of situations. Sure she got annoying once I got stuck in the room where u get the sling shot for half an hour, but me trying to shoot her out of frustration lead to me shooting the ladder to escape anyway.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I wouldn't replace her, ID MAKE HER LOUDER!!!! Just so me, as the game designer can laugh as people in forums complain.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Erana said:
Flying-Emu said:
Erana said:
Midna.
You just didn't notice that she had replaced Navi because they did her right.
QFT.

Midna was what Navi always should have been.
A love interest?
I meant more as not infecting gameplay with constant screams and assistance that could have been figured out by pressing forward.

But love interest? Naw, there was already enough of that in OoT.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Arrers said:
Tank207 said:
Navi was no where near as annoying as that freaking owl. Alright, I get it already let me play the game! Crap, I clicked the 'talk again' button by accident! Seriously, why the hell did they make the repeat option the first selected after the dialogue was over? Furiously mashing A would have been much less of an annoyance if it had been the other way around.
Oh god. THE OWL, the bane of my existance.

LOL I know what you mean

preybird

Oct 20, 2009
i replace her with a winged kuriboh if i had but if not keep her as she is the owl on the overhand i would made sure suffered dearly before being feed to himself and being based to the void!( yeah i hated it that much..damn stupid dialog..)