Legends of Tomorrow Unites DC Television Heroes In New Trailer

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
every time I see The Atom makes me want to kick him in the balls *argh* for me he's the worst of the cast... I'm willing to see Legends of Tomorrow tho' :)

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Bob_McMillan said:
You know what I mean with Sara :p

I dunno, wasnt there a clip released where the Flash and the Suicide Squad met or something?

Your idea os nice though, always liked that relationship, it would be even better if Flash and GL met up and Arrow would get jealous. That episode of Flash where they teased GL's existence was awesome.
The suicide squad have appeared in several episodes of Arrow but was never a set up for a series more as a way for guest star bad guys to reappear and be killed off on screen without the hero's needing to be the killers.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
the only thing that could get me interested in DC now is if Sam and Dean Winchester joined forces with the DC people to fight off superdemons.

seriously, have you seen that leaked harley quinn pic? a friend of mine summed it perfectly saying she looked like a stripper gwen stefani. DC has gone off the rails, in my opinion, and their assertion that they dominate the tv space is silly. AoS is far better than either DC show, in my opinion, and Daredevil tops them all.

but, as i said, bring in the Winchesters, i'll DC all over the place.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
To me, this looks awesome. DC and WB are afraid of the comics in the movies. But the producers of the television shows do it right. The more like the comics, the better it is. Now if they would just get rid of Nolan and Snyder, perhaps a good DC movie can be made.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
I love Green Lantern but there is no way the show would get the budget to do it properly. Green Lanterns can simply do too many things. Plus it would kind of make Arrow a bit useless. One has a Bow and Arrow and the other has the most powerfull weapon in the universe. I know who my money would be on.
Well, I thought the same thing about the Flash. What use is the Arrow when a guy can run so fast you can't even tell he is there. But the writing has handled it extremely well.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Baresark said:
Gizmo1990 said:
I love Green Lantern but there is no way the show would get the budget to do it properly. Green Lanterns can simply do too many things. Plus it would kind of make Arrow a bit useless. One has a Bow and Arrow and the other has the most powerfull weapon in the universe. I know who my money would be on.
Well, I thought the same thing about the Flash. What use is the Arrow when a guy can run so fast you can't even tell he is there. But the writing has handled it extremely well.
To each there own I guess but I don't think they have handled it very well at all. When they had that fight in the middle of the season, that should not have even been a thing. Barry should have simply knocked him out in the blink of an eye. But along with one of his storylines, Oliver seems to also have stolen Batmans plot armor this season.

Personaly I think Arrow would work much better solo. But that is just my opinion. I can understand why so many people liked it.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
Baresark said:
Gizmo1990 said:
To each there own I guess but I don't think they have handled it very well at all. When they had that fight in the middle of the season, that should not have even been a thing. Barry should have simply knocked him out in the blink of an eye. But along with one of his storylines, Oliver seems to also have stolen Batmans plot armor this season.

Personaly I think Arrow would work much better solo. But that is just my opinion. I can understand why so many people liked it.
I definitely agree that Barry should have pretty much wrecked Oliver, but I guess they were really pushing the whole "experience trumps power" thing. I can get behind the idea, but they didn't really execute it as well as I would have liked. Still, the Flash is a fun show so I forgive these types of things.

OT: Well, after a fairly disappointing season of Arrow (the flashbacks REALLY missed Slade), it's nice to see that they're going to be doing something a bit different. Depending on who's doing the writing, this could actually be pretty good. I never really cared about Sarah that much, but I enjoyed the rest of these characters quite thoroughly. Hopefully the tone goes a bit closer to the Flash over Arrow, since most of these characters are cheesy (in a good way) and fun. Overall, I'm fairly hopeful for this.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
I will wait and see but I am already having trouble with the premise. A guy goes back in time to recrute a group of Superheroes to help him save the future and he recrutes the B team?
Presumably he has no idea how long it would take, and pulling characters with more ability to impact the way things happen in the future is likely to screw up as much as it solves. I'd argue if you were a time traveler it would be in your best interest to pick people who WEREN'T historically notable, from a comparative standpoint. Put simply, at any given point, Superman MAY be averting armageddon. Why risk that when you can just get Green Arrow, Shining Knight, Vigilante, The Crimson Avenger, and my ex sidekick, I mean Speedy Red Arrow?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I just hope this improves the odds of the return of Scandal Savage. Haven't seen her since the end of the Secret Six before the rebooting of it. Real bummed about it.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Now I'm not a comics expert, especially DC, but is Atom a good character? In this trailer he's basically a dumber Iron Man, with a very Ant-Man like power among his suit abilities.

The rest, I don't know, but they didn't stand out as much.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
ccggenius12 said:
Gizmo1990 said:
I will wait and see but I am already having trouble with the premise. A guy goes back in time to recrute a group of Superheroes to help him save the future and he recrutes the B team?
Presumably he has no idea how long it would take, and pulling characters with more ability to impact the way things happen in the future is likely to screw up as much as it solves. I'd argue if you were a time traveler it would be in your best interest to pick people who WEREN'T historically notable, from a comparative standpoint. Put simply, at any given point, Superman MAY be averting armageddon. Why risk that when you can just get Green Arrow, Shining Knight, Vigilante, The Crimson Avenger, and my ex sidekick, I mean Speedy Red Arrow?
That is a good point however we are dealing with time travel here. The guy could simply recruit some heavyweights, have them save the future and then return them to 2 seconds after they were recruited. But as I said it is a small thing and if the show is fun enough I am sure I can ignore it.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
I just like that Dr. Who is now in the Arrowverse.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
McFazzer said:
Rip Hunter? Can I hold out hope for Booster Gold to be involved?
I'm with you on that. I think a superhero that is portrayed a goofy would be a great premise, then revealing that his goofiness is just an act to make sure that his enemies don't try and kill an ancestor of his is a brilliant idea. But then again, a Shazam (I hate calling him that) TV show basically writes itself, but DC are throwing their money behind the big blue boy scout, and his dark brooding shadow.

I am trying to figure out how this show is going to be good though, considering it is relying on TWO other shows for cast, it gives me concerns over whether it can stand on its own two feet. The Flash and Arrow crossovers make sense, but this...

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Does look interesting, but i read a lot of that footage was made just for the trailer. So who knows what will be in that actual show.

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
I was much more on board with this before I found out that Cold and Heat Wave were part of the team. They're EXTREMELY campy in Flash, and while it kinda works within the parameters of that show, they're not show-regular material by far, and I might even go so far as to say they were over-used in the first Flash season. Plus, they've got a bit of a body count between them, and haven't done anything to redeem themselves of that fact (unlike Sara, who may have been an assassin but did a lot to make up for it as Canary). I hope the writing for the brothers is changed drastically to make them more palatable as main characters.

Happy to see Sara back, though. If Malcolm has something to do with her resurrection, it will go a long way towards making his character function better in Arrow.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
That is a good point however we are dealing with time travel here. The guy could simply recruit some heavyweights, have them save the future and then return them to 2 seconds after they were recruited. But as I said it is a small thing and if the show is fun enough I am sure I can ignore it.
I don't think the article mentioned anything about the time traveler actually taking them through time, just getting them together. The premise sounds less Doctor Who "wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey", and more Terminator "I've come back to warn you that shit's going to hit the fan". At least, that's what I got from the description. AND keeping it in the modern setting would shave money off the budget that would otherwise need to be spent on period decor.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
ccggenius12 said:
Gizmo1990 said:
I think it's a clear case of "History says I recruited you, so I'm recruiting you."

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
That trailer was campy to the extreme. If everything else DC is trying is as cheesy as this, they don't stand a chance in the media fight with Marvel.