Lenovo's Ebox Enters the Console War

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
don't we have enough stuff from china and plus won't it need some real heavy localization I mean it says patriotic activity I don't think America would like china trying to fill their children's heads with communism I think it might be more trouble then it's worth for them to expand

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
"We are the world's second company to produce a controller-free game console, behind only Microsoft," Luo says.
Third actually, Sony dd it first with the eye toy. While technically not entirely controller free. It was basically the same thing, and promptly crashed and burned.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Games announced so far for this glorious console include:

"Virtual Factory"
"Noodle Maker 2000"
"Creepy Olympic Mascot Designer"
and
"Master Chief Battles Democracy"

Personally, I can't wait.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Badger Kyre said:
Nova5 said:
"A healthy, patriotic activity"...? There just seems something disturbing and absurd about that wording.
It's china.. can't really beat it for absurd and disturbing without hitting up the sci-fi totalitarianisms.
I was actively trying to avoid the Orwell / Huxley references, but yeah, I've got to admit that you've got a point.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Nova5 said:
"A healthy, patriotic activity"...? There just seems something disturbing and absurd about that wording.
What do you think? It's China.
I live in Hong Kong and personally, almost every single thing China does forces me to facepalm.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I laugh at Ebox.

Far as I'm concerned, it'll never live up to that standards of the big leagues, Far as I'm concerned, it's Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft forever.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
I hope it gets released in Canada. I would like to play these "patriotic" games and see what they're like. As for console wars, you there hasn't been a war if no one's even going against each other yet. Now I wish there would be a Canadian console; just not the F-box or the Y-box.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Ldude893 said:
Nova5 said:
I live in Hong Kong and personally, almost every single thing China does forces me to facepalm.
Are you really allowed to say that?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Ebox may not have exquisite game graphics, or extensive violence
When I read this I laughed. It also reminded of a cheap Wii knockoff I saw a few weeks back here in Australia. It came with 16 games built in (mostly driving and puzzle palette swaps) and they all looked like 16bit generic titles from the early 90's.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Jezzascmezza said:
Games announced so far for this glorious console include:

"Virtual Factory"
"Noodle Maker 2000"
"Creepy Olympic Mascot Designer"
and
"Master Chief Battles Democracy"

Personally, I can't wait.
hahahaha made me lol, me neither

a bioengineered super soldier battles religious aliens...
makes sense for China, with their human rights laws (or lack thereof) and yeah y'all know the rest

Lonan said:
Ldude893 said:
Nova5 said:
zing!

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Somehow this reminds me of the Chintendo Vii from a while back.
Powerful Weapon Machine! Powerful Weapon Machine!

Wow. That was..... interesting.
those subtitles were totally wrong lol. I doubt it. Probably propaganda. A company that can't even make decent computer hardware can't make a decent game console.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Lonan said:
Ldude893 said:
Nova5 said:
As I've said, I live in Hong Kong.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Great, so the people can finally have something that explodes along with their televisions.