Lenovo's Ebox Enters the Console War

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
it might do something. i mean hell, it has over 1 billion people who's only option for video games is it. if the creators take the funds, and make a console worth its spit, they might contend in the actual console war

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
China: Because fuck international copyright laws.

Like, is Piracy SO bad over there that even major companies are pirating ideas?

I mean, the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation Move is one thing. But the Ebox. Its even using similar technology. I honestly wouldnt be suprised if it was just an Xbox someone spray painted. This would be like if I wanted to start a trading card game called OhGiYu, with my trademark monster being "Darkness Magician" or "Azure Eyes Albino Dragon". I'd get my ass sued.

But, I guess this is good news if you live in China. Although chances are you're probably not allowed on this forum. Quite the conundrum.

Jack Gruff

Jul 24, 2010
Badger Kyre said:
Nova5 said:
"A healthy, patriotic activity"...? There just seems something disturbing and absurd about that wording.
It's china.. can't really beat it for absurd and disturbing without hitting up the sci-fi totalitarianisms.
Just like Baseball.

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Somehow this reminds me of the Chintendo Vii from a while back.
My sanity just got raped by that.
Anyway I bet if this console does badly they will outlaw xbox 360's ps3's an wii's so this is the only console on the market.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Lonan said:
Ldude893 said:
Nova5 said:
"A healthy, patriotic activity"...? There just seems something disturbing and absurd about that wording.
What do you think? It's China.
I live in Hong Kong and personally, almost every single thing China does forces me to facepalm.
Are you really allowed to say that?
Read the bellow page. It will enlighten you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

OT: It's probably going to be shit.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Nova5 said:
Such games include:

Patriotic Chinese Soldier A-Go-Go!

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
YEAH FOR NON-EXISTANT NOCK OFFS :D
It actually exists.....
That looks surprisingly good. Even the reviewer really liked it.

Who knows? Maybe Lenovo (which is a huuuge company) can make a better Natal experience than MS because they keep it simple or unbuggy.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
YEAH FOR NON-EXISTANT NOCK OFFS :D
It actually exists.....
That looks surprisingly good. Even the reviewer really liked it.
Yeah, but Dr Ashen gives out high scores for fun ("7/10, because that's the least you can give a game before the publishers pull their advertising" "Overall, I give it 7/10, because I'm a fucking idiot". Yes, those are actual scores)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...I love how there name is so very similar to another popular console...and, it dosnt surprise me being China who made it.

I highly doubt they are gonna get far

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Jewrean said:
Nova5 said:
Such games include:

Patriotic Chinese Soldier A-Go-Go!
China ain't got nuffin' on North Korea when it comes to partying:
Boogy down!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Nova5 said:
So...instead of posters and mass gatherings they are planning on using video games for their propaganda machine? That's not a bad idea actually.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Upbeat Zombie said:
I feel bad for chinese citizens. What with their over controlling government n such.
They don't know it so they mostly don't suffer or something.

Most of them have anyway much more important Problems in their lifes.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
I read this in the Financial Times yesterday, sounds promising because if this gets the go ahead and it seems to be beneficial to Chinese family life, it may lead to a further opening of the Chinese economy to the video game industry

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Jezzascmezza said:
Games announced so far for this glorious console include:

"Virtual Factory"
"Noodle Maker 2000"
"Creepy Olympic Mascot Designer"
and
"Master Chief Battles Democracy"

Personally, I can't wait.
Sir, you are so politically correct :D

Yeah but, it is going to be in console war by attacking batelefront that no one else is on. They charge and do a successful charge trough the non-existing enemy defense straight head first to a brick wall.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Interesting. China is one of the holy grails right now for business entry in general... in spite of the rampant piracy- which is going to happen regardless of if the company is there or not -the steady increase in population entry into major and growing cities, coupled with increases in general wealth, makes even a small percentage of the marketplace worth ungodly levels of scratch. It's no wonder, accordingly, Microsoft- and likely Sony as well -would be chomping at the bit to get in. The Ebox may be something of a watershed... if it does end up successful, expect the big three to fight pretty hard to get in on that tasty new marketplace.

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
lenovo are shit heads, my brother and I both bought lenovo laptops, and within a few months, BOTH of them were literally falling apart at the hinge. Then we got them repaired, AND THEN THEY DID IT AGAIN.
After a while, every time you opened the lid, the hinge would pull the two sections of the body apart, and they would eventually crack, and then the disk drive would stop working, and the lid would be held to the body soley by the cords that connected the screen.