Let's make an escapist Minecraft server!

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
It's a bad idea to have the server address public, because griefers will probably find it.

Scottydo3

Nov 13, 2010
Someone should inbox me the server IP. I had purchased this game over a month and i haven't seemed to find a stable and secure server to join in on a community. Thanks

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Terkaal said:
Minecraft is an amazing game that was shown to me yesterday by a friend of mine in the UK. It's currently in alpha form but is perhaps the best alpha I've ever seen, no glitches from what I see.

Anyway about the game you play as a sprite with the ability to create and destroy blocks in a vast area that starts off empty. It's essentially a 3D 8bit Map builder.

The map starts off blank and you basically just let your imagination run wild. The best bit about it is the multiplayer which means the environments that are created over time become so abstract and amazing, it really is a thing of beauty.

The game requires no downloading and is completley free and is played via java through your browser.

Link to the Escapist Server, come see for yourself the wonder that is minecraft!

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=4f6724ef172cbb569141ccefd687211d

==============================================================================
Server Status: Online

Come check it out!
Can i have the standalone IP so I can join it through the application?
I don't want to run it via the java version.
-Tabs<3-

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
Terkaal said:
Minecraft is an amazing game that was shown to me yesterday by a friend of mine in the UK. It's currently in alpha form but is perhaps the best alpha I've ever seen, no glitches from what I see.

Anyway about the game you play as a sprite with the ability to create and destroy blocks in a vast area that starts off empty. It's essentially a 3D 8bit Map builder.

The map starts off blank and you basically just let your imagination run wild. The best bit about it is the multiplayer which means the environments that are created over time become so abstract and amazing, it really is a thing of beauty.

The game requires no downloading and is completley free and is played via java through your browser.

Link to the Escapist Server, come see for yourself the wonder that is minecraft!

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=4f6724ef172cbb569141ccefd687211d

==============================================================================
Server Status: Online

Come check it out!
Can i have the standalone IP so I can join it through the application?
I don't want to run it via the java version.
-Tabs<3-
bump. Im trying to find out how to do that on my own right now.

tagster01

Jun 25, 2011
hey guys just made an escapist account when i saw this thread. I cant seem to enjoy multiplayer on any other servers due to the greifers. am hoping to make a contribution to your server. pls inbox me the server ip as multiplayer does not work from my computer on the browser. cheers

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
already got minecraft. where's the code for the server? I'd join.
Just hope it doesn't lag with all the charecters in it

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
Yea if this can be accessed via the actual game and not just the browser (mine has issues) then i'm totally up for some epic minecraft time.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
You do all realise this thread is from October 2010, when only a handful of us played Minecraft Classic.

I belief there is a minecraft usergroup here you can join and play on though.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
This is infact a rather large Escapist community Minecraft server. The usergroup can be found here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapecraft-Minecraft].

You can find the server address in there as well as links to a more proper forum of information for the server, best to take a look in there to learn the rules and such.