Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Syndrome Conundrum

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
AlphaEcho said:
AlphaEcho said:
It would harden, the monsters would get out and cause a lulzy ending to our fort?
No, what you need to do is case the FBs in lava, trapping them in there. Then you carve out statues in their exact shape and mount them in your fortress. And hope they don't get out...
No, you encase the FBs in lava, trapping them in there. Then you carve out statues in their exact shape and sell them to elves. And hope they DO get out...

Thecard

Apr 27, 2011
AlphaEcho said:
Thecard said:
winginson said:
This LP has gotten me into DF again, although I'm still at the stage of not being able to feed and booze-up my starting 7.

But I have just generated a map which is so epic that I have to get better. It has an island that is 3x3 with a volcano in the middle. It has a glacier with a volcano in the middle. It has a valley between an elf and human settlement where I could throw up a wall and tax any traders. Also the whole damn map is an aquifier.

However as I can barely make much more than a hole in the dirt in a perfect start, I think I cannot yet handle such a large amount of FUN.
How..? Did you do the advanced world gen screen? I can't figure that thing out at all.
Also, you may not be able to remove the aquifers once you've generated the map. You can make the dwarves able to swim so you can plug them up easier.
Editing to the raws to remove it will remove them from the save.
Sigh, no, I made a small derp. Editing the main raws won't change a present save game. Go into the data/savefile/awesomemotherfuckingworld and edit them there.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
if we breech the Circus we should have some way of sicking the FB's on the Clowns...

because that would be awesome to watch.

greatorder

Apr 22, 2011
vallorn said:
if we breech the Circus we should have some way of sicking the FB's on the Clowns...

'NEW! the forgotten beast hurthrut vs. five pterosaur fiends!'

'FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!'

Jaser

Mar 30, 2010
I just spent the last week or so reading through this entire LP. It is by far the most entertaining one I've read so far. So then... Dwarf me up as Jaser. Or as Shinkl, for no particular reason.

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
vallorn said:

"hey, you here to destroy that fort?""yeah, those jerks dug right into our ceiling. do you know how hard it is to get that stuff?""man! we just came here because we hate dwarves. come on to our pool party while we plot there demise!""awe sweet!" and thus was forged the alliance to end dwaranity.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
adasdad said:
vallorn said:

"hey, you here to destroy that fort?""yeah, those jerks dug right into our ceiling. do you know how hard it is to get that stuff?""man! we just came here because we hate dwarves. come on to our pool party while we plot there demise!""awe sweet!" and thus was forged the alliance to end dwaranity.
that is an awesome mental image right there. Clowns and FB's having a pool party together.

just wait kraken. soon there will be a Fire FB that decides to set up camp in that lake and then there will be no lake and then there will be cake Fun.

greatorder

Apr 22, 2011
vallorn said:
just wait kraken. soon there will be a Fire FB that decides to set up camp in that lake and then there will be no lake and then there will be cake Fun.
that's what I've been thinking. soon enough, a flame FB will come, and Fun will ensue.

It'll be even better if he opens the circus, then a flame FB comes and releases them from their watery prison.

Thecard

Apr 27, 2011
greatorder said:
vallorn said:
that's what I've been thinking. soon enough, a flame FB will come, and Fun will ensue.

It'll be even better if he opens the circus, then a flame FB comes and releases them from their watery prison.
Nah, it'll just turn into a more attractive hot tub.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Alright, let me be blunt; I have no idea when I will work on this LP again. Thing is college just started and I don't think I'll have as much free time as I used to. Also I will have a lot more stress. If I sit down in front of a computer for 2 hours to crank out an update, I have to slap myself mentally for doing that instead of homework.

I don't want to abandon this. I want to keep doing this. Even if I had to give it up for a long time I'd want to go back to it (probably). But as for now...not sure. Maybe I'm not going to have as much work as I think. Who knows.

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
awe :( well, i respect that you can't do it nearly as regularly. some ideas: give the save to some1 else who might want to do it for a while (root, i'm looking at you) or.... well, thats really my only idea besides turning into a raving madman churning out updates.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I would offer to try and be a custodian, but my experience with Dwarf Fortress is roughly comparable to James Murdoch's experience with ethical reporting practices. I second the idea of passing it to Root, and the elf-berating such an act would cause.

AlphaEcho

Jun 16, 2010
My experience is roughly comparable to Churchill's lack of experience with post war foreign relations studies. I say pass it to root who will completely destroy Elven civilization as we know it or pass it to me who will lead us to a time of prosperity until I realize there is more to the game than planting mushrooms everywhere and having the dwarf's drink from a pond.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
whatever you do dont let me near Lava... that never ends well.